Sign in to follow this  
Bier Meister

Proposed changes for 22 season

- criteria to make playoffs (seeds based on division leaders as first 3)

- field goals to be scored as decimal (ie: 0-30 = 3 pts, 34 yd= 3.4, 46 yds= 4.6, etc)

- starting lineup (change mandatory starting rb to 1 vs current 2)

Probably need to wait and see whose even playing next year, as continuing with 12 owners seems like an uphill battle based on what I’ve seen this season. If it needs to end, that’s ok. 

59 minutes ago, mmmmm...beer said:

Mix up the Divisions randomly...

If this league was set up to seed wild card teams higher than division winners, then just get rid of divisions all together. They serve no purpose in our league. 

3 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

If this league was set up to seed wild card teams higher than division winners, then just get rid of divisions all together. They serve no purpose in our league. 

I'd vote for that

10 hours ago, kutulu said:

I'd vote for that

Doesn’t matter what we vote for really, because then we’d still need common sense and honesty. And we’ve proven we have neither, over and over again.

No drafts are legit due to regular tanking issues, and without common sense, the standings and playoff seedings have been messed up for at least 3 consecutive seasons. It’s exhausting. 

I have enjoyed this league and am fond of the 4 or 5 owners that are active…but it feels like the league has probably run its course. 

9 hours ago, cbfalcon said:

Doesn’t matter what we vote for really, because then we’d still need common sense and honesty. And we’ve proven we have neither, over and over again.

No drafts are legit due to regular tanking issues, and without common sense, the standings and playoff seedings have been messed up for at least 3 consecutive seasons. It’s exhausting. 

I have enjoyed this league and am fond of the 4 or 5 owners that are active…but it feels like the league has probably run its course. 

its more than that, I just think it seems that way cause the rosters are so deep there is very little action

I like fractional kickers!

On 12/16/2021 at 7:43 PM, cbfalcon said:

I was kind of surprised with wild card byes too. It did not effect me. We could go with 2 divisions and the 2 division winners get the bye. 

• Like 1

Okay, Looks like the following will be changed (or voted on to change at least):

1. First 3 Seeds for the playoffs will be division winners with normal tie breaking procedures. 
  2. Fractional Scoring for Kickers.  (if it is even possible on the site and I can figure it out).

Open for discussion is:

1. Divisional Realignment
  2. Anti Tanking 

1 hour ago, Gypsybrat said:

Okay, Looks like the following will be changed (or voted on to change at least):

1. First 3 Seeds for the playoffs will be division winners with normal tie breaking procedures. 
  2. Fractional Scoring for Kickers.  (if it is even possible on the site and I can figure it out).

Open for discussion is:

2. Anti Tanking 

I think we should have rolling divisions.

Top 4

Middle 4

Bottom 4.

We realign every year. This makes it so us crappy teams have a shot at making the playoffs.

Anti tanking rules would be good as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gypsybrat said:

Open for discussion is:

2. Anti Tanking 

It is an option.  I am in other leagues on mfl that use this scoring.

with injuries, byes, and covid...

would still like to see us vote on starting lineup:

change to:

rb: 1-3

wr: 2-4

te: 1-3

Medstudent confirmed out of the league per email I sent to him. Let's fill the open team asap so trades can be discussed, proposed and completed on a even playing field.

Subject: DNDL?

On Sat, Mar 19, 2022 at 6:26 PM  <kutulu37@gmail.com> wrote:

Are you quitting the league?

Proctologists Iron Fisted • tmt5603@gmail.com wrote:

yes

• Like 1

I think we are going with sux and zmanz.

As for rule changes I would prefer rolling divisions with the top 4 teams, middle 4 teams, and then the bottom dwellers.

I have done that in other dynasty leagues and it has turned out well.

How do we determine what to vote on?

All proposals?

I can create the polls if needed. The draft is close.

I added polls for Fractional Scoring for field goals and Playoff Seeding.

Two topics that could use some more discussion before any voting:

1. starting lineup proposed by Bier (reduce by 1 starting requirements of each RB, WR, & TE.   Increase by 1 maximum allowed to start of each RB, WR, & TE.

2. Divisional realignment.  All over the board here, everything from 2 divisions, no divisions, random realignment each year, and realignment based on records.

On 4/30/2022 at 5:55 PM, Gypsybrat said:

1. starting lineup proposed by Bier (reduce by 1 starting requirements of each RB, WR, & TE.   Increase by 1 maximum allowed to start of each RB, WR, & TE.

yes...i am proposing that we turn the rb2 into a flex of rb/wr/te

yes...i am proposing that we turn the rb2 into a flex of rb/wr/te 

agreed.

realignment?  meh,  what that would mean is lower draft picks for bad teams...... we know what that would lead to....

12 hours ago, Let Da Big Dog Eat said:

realignment?  meh,  what that would mean is lower draft picks for bad teams...... we know what that would lead to....

there has been perpetual advantages/disadvantages of being placed in the current divisions. I understand the rationale for people wanting it changed (maybe rotated)

I would like to see any line up rule changes take at least a year to implement.  Bier's rule change proposal for changing the requirement of starting an RB2 to a FLEX is pretty big.  This is a huge benefit to teams that are weak at RB and really doesnt effect teams that RB is a strength.  I am not a big fan of changes that do not impact everyone the same.  At least a year out gives teams to adjust a little.  Food for thought.

14 hours ago, Gypsybrat said:

I would like to see any line up rule changes take at least a year to implement.  Bier's rule change proposal for changing the requirement of starting an RB2 to a FLEX is pretty big.  This is a huge benefit to teams that are weak at RB and really doesnt effect teams that RB is a strength.  I am not a big fan of changes that do not impact everyone the same.  At least a year out gives teams to adjust a little.  Food for thought.

i'll go with the flow.  i think this is better for all.

rosters are too deep.

1 hour ago, taco breath said:

rosters are too deep.

its a dynasty, not a keeper

2 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

its a dynasty, not a keeper

22 max would be fine

On 7/13/2022 at 12:16 PM, taco breath said:

22 max would be fine

way too small for a dynasty where we start 10

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

way to small for a dynasty where we start 10

ccdl started 9 and had 14 teams, 22 worked well for that.  perhaps a few more here?

On 12/17/2021 at 6:11 PM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

its more than that, I just think it seems that way cause the rosters are so deep there is very little action

4 minutes ago, taco breath said:

ccdl started 9 and had 14 teams, 22 worked well for that.  perhaps a few more here?

run it by the rest of the league, but i am personally against reducing roster size.  I have no idea what ccdl is. it is meaningless to me.

4 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

run it by the rest of the league, but i am personally against reducing roster size.  I have no idea what ccdl is. it is meaningless to me.

https://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/forum/21-cult-classic-movie-dynasty-league/

im not bitching, just offering feedback.  im fine with any rules.

I am not sure where the official votes and stuff are at.  Is this the thread?  Can we get a summary of what votes are outstanding and whatnot perhaps?

And maybe a new one to consider - can we just get rid of kickers and defenses?  I don't care if we turn them into flex spots.  I'm just kind of over caring about those positions in fantasy football anymore.  😛

2 hours ago, Bigtraine said:

I am not sure where the official votes and stuff are at.  Is this the thread?  Can we get a summary of what votes are outstanding and whatnot perhaps?

And maybe a new one to consider - can we just get rid of kickers and defenses?  I don't care if we turn them into flex spots.  I'm just kind of over caring about those positions in fantasy football anymore.  😛

Our scoring system makes defenses very random.

to make them more relevant we could make some changes to pa, and add graduated yards allowed. Ie:… something like:

0-150= 10

151-250= 7

251-350= 5

351-450= 2

451-500= 0

501+= -3

21 hours ago, Bigtraine said:

Two changes have been approved for this year.

1.  The three Divisional winners will be seeded 1 - 3 for the playoffs.

2.  Kickers scoring has been fractionalized.  Example:  34 yard FG will be 3.4 points instead of the previous score of 3 for 30-39 yard FGs.

Still open for discussion are

1.  League Realignment

2.  Replacing the 2nd RB starting requirement with a FLEX Spot.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Gypsybrat said:

Still open for discussion are

1.  League Realignment

2.  Replacing the 2nd RB starting requirement with a FLEX Spot.

Do we vote/discuss here?

1. I vote against realignment, I prefer static divisions for rivalry purposes.  I don’t strongly care one way or another.

2.  I vote against removing a RB position.  I would be ok with adding a flex (without removing RB) but that’s probably a different topic.  I think it would make WR vastly more important than RB when they arguably already are much more important in dynasty because you get twice the shelf life on a WR.  

I would vote for the following:

1. Realignment - yes, its good to shake things up a bit....would move top divisional winners in a rotational manner at end of each season.  Example: winner in Marino division would move to Elway, Elway to Montana and Montana to Marino.  Keeps the divisions fresh...?  Thoughts?

2. I would vote to swap the 2nd RB position to a flex position.

On 7/20/2022 at 11:35 AM, devilwoman said:

I would vote for the following:

1. Realignment - yes, its good to shake things up a bit....would move top divisional winners in a rotational manner at end of each season.  Example: winner in Marino division would move to Elway, Elway to Montana and Montana to Marino.  Keeps the divisions fresh...?  Thoughts?

2. I would vote to swap the 2nd RB position to a flex position.

I would vote for both these ideas.

Will the results of the proposed changes be known prior to the draft starting?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/27/2022 at 10:45 AM, Bigtraine said:

Will the results of the proposed changes be known prior to the draft starting?

I think this is needed.

• Like 1

The only two changes happening for this year are the playoff seedings and kicker scoring as said above.   As for realignment and the RB/Flex rules....they should be discussed and if we decide to do either of them, we can set what year they go into effect.