Sign in to follow this  
phillybear

AEW - All Elite Wrestling Thread

Well, after many years of starting up non meaningful threads on sports gambling, Seattle Seahawks, and how much I hate MDC, I am now going to take the plunge and start up a thread on the upstart wrestling promotion on TNT, soon to be on TBS as well.

Since the Khans are in the news, the owners of the Jax Jags, firing Urban Meyer, it's worth noting than the Khans own AEW.

I don't mind the sarcastic posts. I don't mind being the only one posting in this thread, as I was a Giants Fan Fan, and I can ramble for years. But I never suspected that after a nearly 20 year layoff of supporting wrestling shows, when WCW died, and the landscape was bad, but here we are, where I am very appreciative of the story telling, athleticism, and creativity of AEW.

Wednesday's Dynamite had the historic 60 minute draw from Hangman Adam Page and Bryan Danielson. I think the first 60 minute draw on free TV ever. Might as well start up the thread now.

Building towards the next PPV in a couple of months on tonight's Rampage. I think the only matches locked in so far are CM Punk vs MJF, and Orange Cassidy vs Adam Cole. Really interesting potential build ups there. Every thing else needs to sort itself out over the Christmas break.

Tonight, way too many multi team matches, just cramming in guys to get TV time. But I'm up for spot monkey fests.

Gonna be interesting, as over the next few weeks, more newly signed wrestlers will debut. I think they just signed ROH Brody King to be in Malaki Black's faction.

I can’t believe I am going to post here in this thread. I was on the Railroad coming home from work a couple weeks ago and at a certain interchange station there were a bunch of wrestling nerds packing the train and I looked up what was the the new UBS arena in Elmont (@Belmont Racetrack) and it was AEW and I was like WTF is AEW ???

Yo these kids were talking insanely like it was real. Even down to this guy beat his GF or that one is a deadbeat dad etc. 

/post

4 minutes ago, Mike Isles said:

I can’t believe I am going to post here in this thread. I was on the Railroad coming home from work a couple weeks ago and at a certain interchange station there were a bunch of wrestling nerds packing the train and I looked up what was the the new UBS arena in Elmont (@Belmont Racetrack) and it was AEW and I was like WTF is AEW ???

Yo these kids were talking insanely like it was real. Even down to this guy beat his GF or that one is a deadbeat dad etc. 

/post

It's a becoming more of a slow building infection than China Virus.

Over the past year or so, they've had Shaquille O'Neal do a table bump, Mike Tyson show up a few times, Snoop Dog do a top rope splash, and contributions from Rosario Dawson, Urban Meyer, T-Pain, Dan Lambert and a bunch of UFC wrestlers from America's Top Team, some other famous folks I forget at the moment. They did two 30 minute matches on the Jax Jag's football field, including the mascot and cheerleaders, and all over the stadium.

MJF is the best heel character in pro wrestling in ages, with an old school vintage throwback style. Knows how to deliver a kickass promo. MJF and Punk going back and forth was one of the greatest segments since the Attitude Era. TNT gives the AEW guys free reign to say whatever they want on the mic. Great stuff. If Tony Khan can stretch out the stories for two more months, and push some new ones to the forefront, Revolution will have an incredible PPV card. 

Adam Page vs Bryan Danielson 

CM Punk vs MJF

Heel Cody Rhodes vs Sammy Guevara

Face Kenny Omega vs Adam Cole

The seed was planted in the friction over leading the Elite right before he took time off.

Sting and Darby vs The Young Bucks 

It's by far the biggest tag match they can do right now and neither team has much going on. 

Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa

Best women's match of 2021. It's time to run it back with title on the line.

21 minutes ago, Vince44 said:

MJF is the best heel character in pro wrestling in ages, with an old school vintage throwback style. Knows how to deliver a kickass promo. MJF and Punk going back and forth was one of the greatest segments since the Attitude Era. TNT gives the AEW guys free reign to say whatever they want on the mic. Great stuff. If Tony Khan can stretch out the stories for two more months, and push some new ones to the forefront, Revolution will have an incredible PPV card. 

Adam Page vs Bryan Danielson 

CM Punk vs MJF

Heel Cody Rhodes vs Sammy Guevara

Face Kenny Omega vs Adam Cole

The seed was planted in the friction over leading the Elite right before he took time off.

Sting and Darby vs The Young Bucks 

It's by far the biggest tag match they can do right now and neither team has much going on. 

Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa

Best women's match of 2021. It's time to run it back with title on the line.

We can speculate.

I would say that Omega is out until summer time. Maybe Double or Nothing. He needed shoulder surgery, among other stuff, and it's gonna take time.

But I absolutely agree that Omega vs Cole is going to happen in 2022.

I don't even want to see MJF and Punk wrestle. Just let them verbally inviserate each other every week for the rest of my life and I'll be a happy camper.

So, after a rewatch of the latest Rampage episode...lots of botches on further review, not to discount a lot of amazing maneuvers.

Orange Cassidy has gone to the laboratory to add freshness to his act, and it's really working. New stuff, more laughs. I have no idea why I'm such a sucker for his sloth gimmick. That PAC vs OC match at Revolution was outstanding. And it build a lot of good will.

I have no idea what they are going to do with Cody Rhodes at this point. He is the face that doesn't know he is a heel, and I have zero idea what they do with his character. When he loses to Sammy Guevara, he feuds with Scorpio Sky and Ethan Page? No bueno. And somebody needs to hit Brandi with a baseball bat and keep her off my TV.

Sammy and Pam have split up. I guess they shouldn't have done the engagement thing on TV a couple of months ago. Bad stuff.

I'm so tired of women's wrestling. Yeah, they are pretty. And look great in their costumes. But outside of Britt Baker DMD, Abadon, and Serena Deeb, because they are interesting, I don't care. It's hate watching at this point. All women matches are an immediate fastforward On Demand. Thank you for releasing Big Swole. I mean, do you want to see a compelling men's contest, or Red Velvet botch stuff.

I'm not sure why they are giving away Adam Cole vs Orange Cassidy so soon. I'll trust it's building somewhere.

I'm not sure how all the dynamics fit of Eddie Kingston, Santana and Ortiz, Lucha Brothers, 2.0, Daniel Garcia, Acclaimed, Jurassic Express...it's mud. Other than clearly Eddie Kingston will murder Daniel Garcia at some point.

I suspect they give Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus the belts over Lucha Bros at Revolution, and then maybe give Santana and Ortiz, or Trent and Chuck Taylor the belts at Double or Nothing. It's time to reward some of the wrestlers who worked so hard during the China virus shut down. But Trent still looks stiff in the neck, so maybe shelf that possible title rein.

AEW Holiday Bash 12/22/21

MJF & FTR vs CM Punk, Sting, Darby Allen

Orange Cassidy vs Adam Cole

Nyla Rose vs Ruby Soho

Malakai Black vs Griff Garrison

Expecting a bunch of backstage segments and shenanigans tonight to fill time. Again, surprised they are giving away OC vs AC instead of putting it on a PPV. Fatso Rose vs who cares Soho after her entrance song ends. At least Malakai is out of the Cody universe orbit, and moving on to other stuff.

While I think the match with MJF and FTR vs Punk, Sting, Allen is a waste of time, I suspect we get the debut of The Briscoes tonight, probably the most prominent tag team free agents out there, who seem to be feuding with FTR on social media, so may very well be a post match confrontation/attack.

Tony Khan has promised a few debuts/surprises upcoming. So far, we got Trent? Barretta and Sue reappearing. More stuff is coming. And they would do it tonight, since Rampage will be taped tonight, and spoilers would leak out before Friday. 

dude. it blows my mind anyone has the time or inclination to watch that sh;t on purpose over the age of say 12.

may god have mercy on your soul.

3 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

dude. it blows my mind anyone has the time or inclination to watch that sh;t on purpose over the age of say 12.

may god have mercy on your soul.

It's more of an entertainment payoff factor week to week, than the disasters that happened with Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, LOST, and the NFL.

And it's by far more realistic than CNN.

At 62, Sting's still amazing. Just like at Double Or Nothing in May, that legend is hitting high cross bodies off the stage and now the top rope. Focking 30 minute 6 man tag. He worked his ass off throughout. Loved Punk coming out in the Sting facepaint and Scorpion tights. 

If Page goes over Bryan to retain the title on Jan 5th, I wonder who gets the shot at Revolution. Moxley returns? And turns heel? Punk vs MJF is being saved for the PPV to pop a buyrate. Smart to keep them away from each other tonight. 

Statlander should've won the TBS title tourney. Christian needs to turn heel on Jungle Boy to give them a singles fued instead of this trio stuff. 

So, I just picked up a 7 day suspension on reddit for complaining that I don't like women's wrestling. The mods considered that hate speech.

Sigh.

I'll re-watch tonight and give some feedback. It was a decent show last night. Ratings going up significantly again.

So, since Rampage is rescheduled for tomorrow night (HOOK!!), looking back on Wednesday...

Adam Cole and Orange Cassidy was decent. OC seems to be finding new and creative ways to make me laugh and the sloth style. The half-hearted chops were a decent wrinkle. And slowly backwards crawling away from a top rope spot. I have no idea who Kyle O'Reilly is, but I guess it's a sort of big new debut?, with the dynamics of The Elite in question.

Wardlow doing multiple power bombs, four of them, and Shawn Spears basically ejaculating in his shorts from hitting the annihilated opponent with a chair....actually works.

Thank you God for letting me fast forward past Ruby Soho and Nyla Rose on rewatch. Brutal botchfest boredom.

Malakai Black is superstar, not sure if he continues to feud with Varsity Blondes, but Brian Pillman Jr ate that super kick like a champ. Black's background of a kickboxer is really on display.

Sting, Darby Allen, and CM Punk vs FTR and MJF was so much more than I ever anticipated. Sting is like 62 years old, and doing some crazy bumps. The way Darby does the missile launch to the outside is basically a suicide attempt every time. Unreal. The face paints, the gear, MJF being MJF, lots to like.

Just keep giving us promos from Hangman Adam Page, Bryan Danielson, MJF, CM Punk, Dr Britt Baker DMD every week. Not so much with Dan Lambert. And Jungle Boy said more than 4 words.

Anyone else catch Britt wearing a Hermie shirt, the kid in the claymation Christmas episode that want's to be a dentist. It's all in the details.

2 hours ago, DonS said:

Is this the real reason you watch AEW?

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/aew-attendee-booted-show-transphobic-sign-wrestler

Everyone knows "professional" wrestling is fake, but I didn't realize that applies to some of the women as well. 

Nyla Rose is problematic. Easily one of my least favorite personalities in the company, has injured multiple people with serious injuries, and is in general a sloppy worker.

This is a huge dude/wrestler. Like twice as big as anyone in the women's division. Born a man, so I get the size difference to a point. And it's not like UFC, or sports in general, since pro wrestling is scripted. But this obese wrestler has seemingly gained even more weight in the past few years. Just a fat slob. It seems like the fat men tend to slim down, Luther, Eddie Kingston, Evil Uno, etc. But Rose is just plain dangerous as someone twice as big as the competition and nobody wants to address it. In my opinion.

Also, this tub of lard felt insulted on Twitter a day or two ago,, and mocked a twitter user for being a cripple in a wheelchair. So, before anyone has sympathy for Rose, well....it's complicated. Other than they should get rid of Rose.

O'Reilly and Fish were a pretty good tag team. And they were part of a faction that was run by Cole. They ran roughshot and were a modern day Horseman as they all had titles. (Strong was the 4th member). 

As soon as O'Reilly was released by the WWE, we've been waiting for a potential reunion. 

My hope is when Omega comes back, Cole leaves the elite and the 2 groups fight. It would be a great series.

Rampage Saturday Night, 9:00 EST. New night. New time. Weird.

Sammy Guevara and Cody Rhodes for the TNT Title. If they want to turn Cody full heel, as the crowd is booing him non stop, this would be the night, as he takes the belt. Sammy as the champ has been...mid. I'm more curious if Cody wears a T-shirt in the ring tonight for the match, as he got a bunch of really bad burns from that flaming table match a few weeks ago. And hasn't been doing much for a long time other than  non wrestling TV shows since the steel cage Wardlow match.

Jungle Boy Jack Perry and Isiah Cassidy. Eh, Jungle Boy going over, both guys can work, but it won't go more than 10 minutes. Who is Jurrasic Express even feuding with anymore?

HOOK and Bear Bronson. HOOK was an ironic internet sensation, until his debut match, and now is being talked about as a pillar. He will beat the Bear Country dude and continue the mystique.

Leyla Hirsch and Kris Statlander. Well, it's a match I have no interest in. Both are OK workers. But I just don't care who wins.

It's only a matter of time until the debut of Danhausen.

So, they gave the belt to Cody. Interesting, but not unexpected. Decent match, but Sammy wasn't setting the world on fire with his title reign.

Jungle Boy going over in 10 minutes. Punch the time card.

HOOK manhandling Bear Bronson was focking impressive. HOOK is a star. Apparently, the crowd was doing HOOK chants all night. "SEND HOOK!!!"

The women's match was meh. Leyla Hirsch was associated with Best Friends for a week a few months ago. Now, she may be feuding with Buttlander.

12/29/21 Dynamite, Daily's Place in Jacksonville Florida, last TNT cable show, as they are moving Dynamite to TBS, which has more household availability, and less chance for moving the show to different nights due to sports.

Announced card so far:

Eddie Kingston, Santana and Ortiz vs 2point0 and Daniel Garcia

TBS Women's Tournament SemiFinal: Thunder Rosa vs Jade Cargill

Lucha Brothers, Christian Cage, Jurassic Express vs Matt Hardy, Private Party, FTR

Adam Cole, Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Riley vs Orange Cassidy, Trent? Beretta, Chuck Taylor

**************************************************************************************

Expect Kingston and Proud & Powerful to get the win. Daniel Garcia got a pin over Kingston recently, so expect the reverse. Santana and Ortiz are probably in the mix for the next team to get a tag title shot, so they have to look strong.

Jade Cargill is a good candidate to carry a mid card belt as an undefeated monster. Thunder Rosa is a logical choice to pursue Dr Britt Baker, DMD for the main title. Expect some time of interference to give Jade the win.

The 10 man tag match is just getting face time for a bunch of people. The match is meaningless. But, I think the wrestlers involved will put on a crazy spotfest with a bunch of acrobatic moves. So, I'm willing to give it a chance. Geez. Rey Fenix and Private Party in the same match screams against the laws of gravity.

I guess you have to give the former WWE guys a win over OC and Best Friends, in their first reunion match. This is going to be a feud of factions for a while, I guess. I am curious how The Young Bucks will fit into the story line, while Kenny Omega is recovering from surgery for the next bunch of months. And I miss Don Callis, The Walking Urinal.

I can't figure out the quote feature of this site since I've been away, so I'll do it myself.

Sammy Guevara and Cody Rhodes for the TNT Title. If they want to turn Cody full heel, as the crowd is booing him non stop, this would be the night, as he takes the belt. Sammy as the champ has been...mid. I'm more curious if Cody wears a T-shirt in the ring tonight for the match, as he got a bunch of really bad burns from that flaming table match a few weeks ago. And hasn't been doing much for a long time other than  non wrestling TV shows since the steel cage Wardlow match

Cody won the TNT Title.

Jade Cargill is a good candidate to carry a mid card belt as an undefeated monster. Thunder Rosa is a logical choice to pursue Dr Britt Baker, DMD for the main title. Expect some type of interference to give Jade the win.

Jade won the TBS title.

I suspect they give Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus the belts over Lucha Bros at Revolution, and then maybe give Santana and Ortiz, or Trent and Chuck Taylor the belts at Double or Nothing.

A little sooner than expected. Luke Perry's son and a 65 million year old dinosaur are now tag champs and getting the lead in from Big Bang Theory on TBS.

Pimpin' ain't easy. Booking is.

This is why I'm the recap King for all TV shows, and a brilliant strategist. Because I'm modest.

Sounds like Fenix dodged a huge bullet and will only be out for a short time after bending his elbow backwards going through the table.

11 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Sounds like Fenix dodged a huge bullet and will only be out for a short time after bending his elbow backwards going through the table.

Whoever is running the video truck, um, don't show a guy with his arm bent in the opposite directoin 16 times. What the fock?

Rey Fenix gets hurt a lot. And he is the most acrobatic guy I've ever seen. I'm glad he and Penta got a run, even if it was brief, but that dislocated elbow could have been career ending potentially. It looked sick.

So, Penta and...well PAC might come back...at some point.

Mox is about to come back.

They just signed Jake Atlas, and word is he blew out his knee on Rampage this Friday. Just the worst timing for somebody debuting.

Weird week, with Dynamite, Rampage, and a Saturday special on TNT as well, the battle of the belts. Please, God, don't give us anything as bad as that Jade and Rudy botch fest with the worst ending the cameras could not even hide.

While CM Punk and MJF are beyond great, and two OUTSTANDING INCREDIBLE matches out of Bryan Danielson and Hangman Adam Page have occurred, I am really curious where the Malakai Black and the House of Black is going.

Cody losing to Sammy, right? He won only for TV promos for The Big Show?

Also, now that the Wednesday night flagship show is on TBS, you have to push the alien Kris Statlander to the moon NOW with a lead in of the Big Bang Theory (horrible, but popular) show. Maybe even Abadon. Luther and Serpentico. Go for broke.

On 12/17/2021 at 9:05 PM, phillybear said:

Gonna be interesting, as over the next few weeks, more newly signed wrestlers will debut. I think they just signed ROH Brody King to be in Malaki Black's faction.

Well, that finally happened.

So, speculating what might be possible Revolution PPV matches....

CM Punk vs MJF

Hangman Adam Page vs Adam Cole (Cole is #1 contender, Lance Archer is a match in between)

Jurassic Express vs Santana & Ortiz (Jurrassic Express will beat The Acclaimed in between)

Eddie Kingston vs Chris Jericho

Sammy Guevara vs Cody TNT reunification match

They need some type of multi match, maybe a Battle Royal with a bunch of tag teams involved.

If you’re watching pro wrestling, you might as well be watching Real Housewives of…

6 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

If you’re watching pro wrestling, you might as well be watching Real Housewives of…

It's easy to criticize, but when you reach a point where you can't watch a single show on network TV nor most sports due to woke-ism politically correct crap, if you can find some escapism where you can find it, and uncover some entertainment value in it, and appreciate the performances you do it.

Then again, the Olympics are ghey and fake.

I love the way they're building Wardlow's eventual turn. When he finally goes baby face. That crowd is gonna lose their sh1t. If they don't screw this up. He could be huge.

Also. As a disappointment. WTF are they doing with Jay Lethal? Danielson was a huge signing. And he's being used and is awesome. Cole was a huge signing and is being used, and has been good. Lethal is on the same level as those 2. But dark matches? I don't get this one AEW?

So, updating and speculating what might be possible Revolution PPV matches....

CM Punk vs MJF. No doubt. The Wardlow subplot is about to boil over.

Hangman Adam Page vs Adam Cole (Cole is #1 contender, Lance Archer is a match in between)

They could put someone else in the program with Page, .like Moxley, without Cole, and then have a 5 vs 5 Best Friends and Super Cliq Street Fight blow off

Jurassic Express vs Santana & Ortiz (Jurrassic Express will beat The Acclaimed in between) The breakup of Inner Circle well underway.

Eddie Kingston vs Chris Jericho. Eddie will be back from injury in less than a month.

Sammy Guevara vs Cody TNT reunification match. I was a bit off. They are doing this Wednesday. Cody retains, and then I have no idea.

They need some type of multi match, maybe a Battle Royal with a bunch of tag teams involved, or singles involved.

Malakai Black vs PAC. Yes please. Is there any doubt Julia Hart is turning into an evil cheerleader?

Jon Moxley vs Bryan Danielson. They each need a dance partner.

Maybe Team Taz vs Team Dante Martin for the buy in match.

And some broads wrestling.

I'm fascinated how AEW Dynamite this week, #1 show on cable on Wednesday, beat both NBA games and even WWE RAW demos from Monday night. This is a slow building juggernaut.

So, still processing the episode of Dynamite that just went by....

The ladder match was tremendous. The superplex off the 20 foot ladder within the first couple of minutes, the throw onto the inside of the hinges of the ladder, the perfectly executed ropes to top of ladder to ladder avalanche cutter, the senton outside the ring, the only thing that would have cemented this as an all time great, was to somehow do a trapeze stunt with the belt swing, maybe Sammy doing a shooting star press release at the apex, but that could be 50 or so feet in the air, and no safety net, but still, just amazing. Very early Match of the Year Contender.

The Lights Out Match was better than expected. The final move, crashing through the floor, nicely done.

Danhausen being signed was not a surprise. He did the Jericho cruise. He's been coining the term '"Ass Boys" on social media for months. Signs in the crowds begging Tony Khan to sign him. As soon as Christian Cage and Matt Hardy started quoting the Ass Boys phrase tonight, it was WHEN the debut would happen. Tonight, apparently. He would have been on sooner, but broken legs delay things. Good to see him walking around again. If AEW can make Orange Cassidy a huge star, Danhausen is going to be...limitless.

On 1/21/2022 at 12:01 PM, phillybear said:

So, updating and speculating what might be possible Revolution PPV matches....

They could put someone else in the program with Page, .like Moxley, without Cole, and then have a 5 vs 5 Best Friends and Super Cliq Street Fight blow off

Jurassic Express vs Santana & Ortiz (Jurrassic Express will beat The Acclaimed in between) The breakup of Inner Circle well underway.

Eddie Kingston vs Chris Jericho. Eddie will be back from injury in less than a month.

Sammy Guevara vs Cody TNT reunification match. I was a bit off. They are doing this Wednesday. Cody retains, and then I have no idea.

They need some type of multi match, maybe a Battle Royal with a bunch of tag teams involved, or singles involved.

Malakai Black vs PAC. Yes please. Is there any doubt Julia Hart is turning into an evil cheerleader?

BIg news today was Cody Rhodes and Brandi apparently walking away from the company. Stunning. And it doesn't seem to be an angle. The guy has two reality shows on TBS/TNT, and walks away. Weird.

Coming off the Sammy Guevara and Cody ladder match, and then the Texas Death match with Hangman Page and Archer, with the bloody, bloody finish, I think this might be the Revolution card, editing along the way.....quoting what I posted earlier.

************************************************************************************************

************************************************************************************************************

I'm guessing Britt Baker DMD vs Thunder  Rosa, with a possible title change. Obviously, Cody is not facing Sammy,. We may see  Andrade del Idolo vs Darby Allen.

Since the Revolution PPV is a week and a half away, I'll need to do some recapping and predictacapping. But I'm thinking we are about to see Jeff Hardy debut, to team with Matt Hardy, as one of the teams in the tag team 3 way title match at the PPV.

Cody Rhodes headed back to the WWE. I'm thinking the Monday Raw after Wrestlemania?

Ceasaro is a FA and go anywhere he wants immediately. Hopefully he signs with AEW. If he doesn't win a world title in his career. That'll be one of the biggest misses in the business.

Wow, just wow. When wrestling says "a major announcement". It's never major. Kudos to Tony Khan. NOW THAT'S A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!

Almost 40 years ago. Vince McMahon changed the industry. 

It looks like Tony Khan is looking to do this again.

AEW continues to create impactful story lines every week, whether it's debuting wrestlers, or buying a rival company. Crazy times.

Revolution PPV card this Sunday thus far:

AEW Title: Hangman Adam Page vs Adam Budge Cole. Page wins. Might be the easiest match to predict all night. I expect MJF to beat Page for the title down the line.

AEW Women's Title: Dr Britt Baked DMD vs Thunder Rosa. I thought Rosa was going to win, but she has some sort of leg injury (hammy?) and I don't think they give the title to a hurt worker.

Tag Team Titles 3 way: Jurassic Express vs Young Bucks vs Redragon. I guess Jungle Boy and Luchasaurus retain, to set up the Young Bucks and Redragon upcoming feud.

Dog Collar Match: CM Punk vs MJF. I'm thinking they put over MJF again, and then move him into a program with Hangman Adam Page. The Wardlow stuff is at a full boil right now, and that might play a part. CM Punk said he came back to put over the young talent. I wish this feud would last 3 more years.

Ladder Match: still don't know all of the participants. Maybe Ricky Starks or Christian Cage, or someone yet to be announced. None of those fat guys is climbing that high up a ladder.

Chris Jericho vs Eddie Kingston. Eddie finally gets a big win in a big spot. They are moving Jericho to a heel role, so that works.

Trios Match: Andrade del Idolo, Matt Hardy, Isiah Kassidy vs Darby Allen, Sting, Sammy Guevara. Team Sting wins, and Matt Hardy goes mental, leaving AHFO, and paving the way for the upcoming Jeff Hardy pairing. I don't know how Sting continues to do so much work at his age.

Jon Moxley vs Brian Danielson. Toss up, but I think Moxley gets the win. They keep saying he has never beaten Danielson.

TBS Title: Jade Cargill vs Tay Conti. Bathroom break. Refresh my drinks. Don't care. I guess they could give the title to Conti, as the TBS title should start to flip more like the TNT title tends to do. Since Tay is dating Sammy, they could do more social media stuff while both being champs. Jade goes from arrogant heel to rageaholic heel with a loss.

Buy in: HOOK vs QT Marshall. Really? HOOK goes over big.

Buy in: Kris Statlander vs Leyla Hirsch. I'll be drinking heavily, don't care. I guess they could give the win to Hirsch, since Buttlander is over and the loss doesn't hurt her standing.

Edit: Added match Buy in: House of Black vs Death Triangle + Eric Redbeard. I'd guess House of Black wins, and maybe they get another debuting member to interfere in the outcome as their faction continues to grow.

Should be called WWE rejects

Game day, and the beverages have been flowing for a while.

I think the first PPV I purchased was the 2000 Revolution, with the remarkable Young Bucks vs Hangman Page Kenny Omega tag match. Good times.

So, we got a stacked card, and still missing Kemy Omega, Miro, FTR, free agent Cody Rhodes, Shida, Fenix, Lance Archer, Santana Ortiz, etc....the roster is full and deep, even if some could be called WWE rejects, that happen to be repacked and are reaching higher levels of success.

The drinking game tonight is to down a shot whenever a wrestler bleeds, the Cody special, and if it lasts more than 10 minutes, down another shot. Line up the shots early for Moxley Danielson, Punk MJF, and Jericho Kingston. It's going to an ugly Monday morning trying to wake up for work.