Sign in to follow this  
nobody

How is Justin Fields different from Taysom Hill?

After watching Fields last night, I found he reminded a lot of Taysum.  They seem like the same quarterback.  Suspect accuracy, suspect ability to read defenses, suspect decision making, and good athleticism.

Yet, one guy gets absolutely trashed and the other guy gets coddled.  Is it just because Taysum is 30 or whatever he is and Fields is a rookie?  Is it because everyone hates Nagy, so Fields becomes a conduit to criticize Nagy while everyone respects Payton so Taysum is viewed as a product of his brilliance?

As starting QBs, they seem pretty damn close.  I guess people see the ceiling in Fields.

Funny, I don’t see much of anything for Hill, but Fields has been getting love from the beginning. All you hear is it’s Nagys fault. A team trades up to take a guy in the first round and somehow people think Fields isn’t getting love. Some people only see one thing. Sad. 

I think Fields has a higher Ceiling than Hill.

right now neither is a super good QB.   as of today, they are Great Fantasy QB's when they can stay on the field.  but not great actual QB's.

both players are young enough that they can grow somewhat as a player.  Especially Fields. (which is why I like him a bit better)  problem with Fields is he has an inferior coach compared to Hill which in my mind makes hill the more desireable player today but the presence of Winston (a QB with more upside in my opinion) makes Hill the inferior option in the long term.

The amount both players run makes me think that injuries may be difficult for both to avoid. (always a concern with Running QB's) and both need to become better actual passers if they are to survive long in the NFL.   Like I said, fields is younger and has more time to develop that part of his game as compared to Hill.