Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Anybody rolling with AJ Brown if he is active?

I have Cupp who is an automatic start, then I have guys like Renfrow, Higgins and Aiyuk, who seem to be more hit or miss.  Thinking about playing Brown if he is active and then figuring out the rest later in the week.

I think Brown is more of a hit or miss, don’t know if one can trust that he’ll last the whole game, Guy is more fragile than a leg lamp.  

• Haha 1

Screw it I'm going for it.  I'll decide between renfrow, Higgins and aiyuk later in the week.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Screw it I'm going for it.  I'll decide between renfrow, Higgins and aiyuk later in the week.

Good luck starting Aiyuk later in the week

• Like 1

Looks like the Titans will have a issue at the oline position. 

14 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Looks like the Titans will have a issue at the oline position. 

That might be an understatement.

The Titans will start second-round rookie Dillon Radunz at left tackle for Thursday evening's game against the 49ers. 

The No. 53 overall pick of the draft, rookie Radunz is primarily a guard. He has also played only 53 snaps all year, just 12 of which have come since Week 8. He is getting the call against Nick Bosa and company because Taylor Lewan has a back injury and No. 2 Kendall Lamm is battling COVID. The Titans will also be without LG Rodger Saffold (COVID). It's hardly an ideal short-week setup. Joining Lewan on the official inactives shelf are CB Chris Jones, LB Joe Jones, OLB Derick Roberson, LB David Long Jr. and DL Larrell Murchison. 

Dec 23, 2021, 6:51 PM ET
  •  

I'm starting AJ. Albeit with little confidence. With ekeler and Kelce on the covid list, I need to start all available bodies. It is a  homerun swing, I'd be happy with a double in the gap. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beaker15 said:

Good luck starting Aiyuk later in the week

I see what you did there.  He feels like the third option behind kittle and deebo so I like all the other options better than him

My team has Herbert, Taylor, Montgomery, Edwards-Helaire, and all those receivers.  Fock.

8 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Congrats!

12 hours ago, TheUsualSuspect said:

Absolutely not.

He has a nice comfy cozy spot on my bench.

Hopefully serviceable next week for the Ship.

Unfortunately, if he convinced you this week, next week will probably be 1-12 and injured in the second quarter.

I hope whomever had him rolled him out there this week

Yes congrats 

1 hour ago, Showboat said:

Unfortunately, if he convinced you this week, next week will probably be 1-12 and injured in the second quarter.

I missed this one.

The decision was a coin flip for me as I was not starting him over THill, McLaurin, Diggs

Congratulations to those that played and succeeded. Great start to the week.

I benched AJ Brown and I start 5 Wide Receivers.  Also benching Michael Gallup. 

Started/Starting:  Aiyuk, Mike Williams, Marquise Brown, Tyler Lockett, Tee Higgins.

FML

You should have asked the Guru.   

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

You should have asked the Guru.   

You're right, but I never really even seriously considered starting AJ Brown, as he's been out for weeks with injury and he didn't even feel like he was on my team anymore and I was disappointed with him most weeks early in the season.  I thought it was an easy decision especially with my other options.  I learned from this one.

Actually Doug Orth did answer a sit/start question about AJ Brown this week:

"If my team was limited in terms of starting-caliber options, I would roll the dice on Brown despite the fact he has been sidelined for more than a month. I do not believe that is the case here. Because players on IR are not given official practice designations by the team until they are activated, we have no way of knowing if Brown practiced in full at all this week. (It is unlikely he did.) His Week 16 matchup is good (49ers) and the Titans need him, but is the downside of Brown potentially playing half of his usual snaps worth the potential upside he brings in this matchup? It is also worth mentioning that Brown played three games following Derrick Henry's foot injury and failed to score 7.3 fantasy points each time."

• Like 1

He was on my bench.  Not one 'expert' on Sirius all week was in favor of starting him.  If the game was on Sunday I would have considered it more, but I've been burned way too many times on Thursday games.

Anyway, I look forward to starting him next week in my 3rd place game, where he'll naturally go 2-26 and leave the game with a sprained ovary

• Like 1

22 hours ago, weepaws said:

I think Brown is more of a hit or miss, don’t know if one can trust that he’ll last the whole game, Guy is more fragile than a leg lamp.  

5 hours ago, Gepetto said:

You're right, but I never really even seriously considered starting AJ Brown, as he's been out for weeks with injury and he didn't even feel like he was on my team anymore and I was disappointed with him most weeks early in the season.  I thought it was an easy decision especially with my other options.  I learned from this one.

Can’t blame you. 

5 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Actually Doug Orth did answer a sit/start question about AJ Brown this week:

"If my team was limited in terms of starting-caliber options, I would roll the dice on Brown despite the fact he has been sidelined for more than a month. I do not believe that is the case here. Because players on IR are not given official practice designations by the team until they are activated, we have no way of knowing if Brown practiced in full at all this week. (It is unlikely he did.) His Week 16 matchup is good (49ers) and the Titans need him, but is the downside of Brown potentially playing half of his usual snaps worth the potential upside he brings in this matchup? It is also worth mentioning that Brown played three games following Derrick Henry's foot injury and failed to score 7.3 fantasy points each time."

Yes he did. 

9 hours ago, polecatt said:

I hope whomever had him rolled him out there this week

I did!  :banana:

Of course, I also had George Kittle who massively sh#t the f'n bed last night.  I hope I'm able to overcome that, at least.  To be fair, looks like TEN pretty much dedicated 2 defenders on him all night.

I started him in a consultation game. I did this to try and break my Thursday night curse. Hope it will carry over till next year. 

I started him only because I am so ovetmatched and I needed his upside...💥 

Congrats. 

• Like 1