Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Boycott the NFL

If any of you out there have season tickets or go to games, what's the point? These "refs" they trot out there now are a joke! It's SO obvious that betting $$$ has ruined the game and controls it now-these guys are HORRIBLE, every game you watch these days has a terrible call that affects the outcome of the game. My request-why even go and watch? Boycott this joke!

With the advent of High Definition color television, $90 parking, $18 beers, uncomfortable seats, and obnoxious fans, I don't get why anyone would go to a game.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, nobody said:

With the advent of High Definition color television, $90 parking, $18 beers, uncomfortable seats, and obnoxious fans, I don't get why anyone would go to a game.

Same here, waste of money. We can drink beer at home!

27 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

Same here, waste of money. We can drink beer at home!

Clearly.

• Haha 5

There are flags thrown on practically every play.  

There are more commercials than any other sport

If not for fantasy, the NFL would be faltering just like baseball has been.  It's actually a very poor product.

And don't even get me started on the 'woke' bullshit they've been shoving down everyone's throats

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gratefulegg1973 said:

There are flags thrown on practically every play.  

There are more commercials than any other sport

If not for fantasy, the NFL would be faltering just like baseball has been.  It's actually a very poor product.

And don't even get me started on the 'woke' bullshit they've been shoving down everyone's throats

And betting.  

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

And betting.  

I agree with all of the above, just wish there was some way we could all let the NFL know that we're tired of the "product" they put out there. That guy from Seattle (DJ Dallas) that got assaulted when they didn't call PI and then kicked the football-what a travesty, he got screwed on the non-call by the stupid ref and then they double it up with something anybody else would've done. I told my wife "that would be me right there" when he did that. Does NFL go into a tavern and ask if anybody wants to call a game? Seems like it. No excuses or reasons for how bad the refs are. Hey above all, all of you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

18 hours ago, nobody said:

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Throw in cold and/or wet weather for northern teams and there is absolutely no reason to go to a game.  Listen, I love my Packers but I love warmth and comfort much more.

Stop buying nfl merchandise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Throw in cold and/or wet weather for northern teams and there is absolutely no reason to go to a game.  Listen, I love my Packers but I love warmth and comfort much more.

I like watching football on TV but I have found that it does not compare to the experience of being at a live football game.

if you dont like the officiating or the gambling on the games it is of course your option not to watch.   but if you dont care for the game, what I dont understand is why you are posting on a fantasy football message board.

If I was at the point where I no longer cared, I'd just leave.   why stick around and annoy others who disagree with your opinion?  makes no sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t care about the game, I couldn’t even tell you the win and lost standings.  But I like competing so that’s why I enjoy ff.  

To be successful at ff one doesn’t need to like the game or even watch it.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I like watching football on TV but I have found that it does not compare to the experience of being at a live football game.

if you dont like the officiating or the gambling on the games it is of course your option not to watch.   but if you dont care for the game, what I dont understand is why you are posting on a fantasy football message board.

If I was at the point where I no longer cared, I'd just leave.   why stick around and annoy others who disagree with your opinion?  makes no sense to me.

Hang on....who said I don't care?  I certainly didn't.  Do you have me confused for another poster?

On 12/25/2021 at 4:27 AM, weepaws said:

To be successful at ff one doesn’t need to like the game or even watch it.  

Exactly…. When I played FF I maybe watched about 10 minutes a week max, even if at all…. All you had to do is look at the numbers, no need to watch the game for that…

On 12/25/2021 at 5:06 AM, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Hang on....who said I don't care?  I certainly didn't.  Do you have me confused for another poster?

I hope he (rayt) wasn't putting down the original post(er), I still like to compete, I was just criticizing the refs-I don't know why he got his panties in such a twist. I didn't know I/we had to answer to him, and I don't watch much of the games-but it doesn't take a lot of watching to see the refs call (or not call) something stupid. Glad to see he'd left the board and moved to Canada, why'd he come back to the board? Ho-hum, apparently just another jealous "fan"............................

57 minutes ago, huskyhater75 said:

I hope he (rayt) wasn't putting down the original post(er), I still like to compete, I was just criticizing the refs-I don't know why he got his panties in such a twist. I didn't know I/we had to answer to him, and I don't watch much of the games-but it doesn't take a lot of watching to see the refs call (or not call) something stupid. Glad to see he'd left the board and moved to Canada, why'd he come back to the board? Ho-hum, apparently just another jealous "fan"............................

When does your boycott begin? 

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

No

Would you be saying that if your favorite team in the past 20 years never made the playoffs and only finished above .500 once?

1 hour ago, posty said:

Would you be saying that if your favorite team in the past 20 years never made the playoffs and only finished above .500 once?

you mean like all those years I still followed the royals?

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 10:51 PM, nobody said:

A few years ago me an some buddies went to a game in this converted bus with TVs all over inside, food, beer, etc.  When the game started we were walking to the stadium and decided to turn around and watch the game from inside the bus for all the reasons you listed. Best decision we ever made. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 10:51 PM, nobody said:

I agree with you. The o p. And alot of other posters that have chimed in. With that being said. We are a football family. It's the only sport we all watch/follow. And it's more of a tradition that every year, we all get together and hit 1 game in person. 

Besides Christmas, Thanksgiving, and the 4th of July. This is the only time a year, the family really comes together. So for our situation, life, being busy, family scenarios. Yup, it's a complete rip off. But boy do we have lots of fun.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 4:33 PM, huskyhater75 said:

I agree with all of the above, just wish there was some way we could all let the NFL know that we're tired of the "product" they put out there.

Quit watching. If enough do that things may improve.

One thing the NFL could do is make refereeing a full time job. Quality over optics would be another there as well, especially for the playoffs.

A big one to me is that the salary cap overly restricts teams from keeping a talented, but not necessarily star or contributing player tied to a team long term. The revolving door inhibits team identity. 

I’ll use Kevin Faulk formerly of the Patriots as an example of a contributor who developed some fan rapport there both with his play and longevity there.

The game now feels more like assemblages of temporary mercenaries wearing transient colors facing off with each other. Loyalty and identity require some long term commitment

1 hour ago, Vikings4ever said:

Watching the Vikings/Chicago game, and Aqib Talib commentating is just godawful.

They probly can't fire him because, you know, black voices matter, but yeah, it's like the NFL goes hip hop every time Talib commentates.

Not boycotting, though, even if Beth Mowins and Aqib Talib called every game (but I might turn the sound down).

1 hour ago, Vikings4ever said:

Watching the Vikings/Chicago game, and Aqib Talib commentating is just godawful.

He said “his self” instead of himself  at least 3x. 

On 12/30/2021 at 10:46 PM, RedzoneMonster said:

A few years ago me an some buddies went to a game in this converted bus with TVs all over inside, food, beer, etc.  When the game started we were walking to the stadium and decided to turn around and watch the game from inside the bus for all the reasons you listed. Best decision we ever made. 

Awesome!

Went to a concert in an RV one time back in the 1990's 

2 twin sisters & myself were the only ones without tickets. We partied in the RV while the concert was going on. No, I didn't score, but I did get to see their boobs!

9 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Awesome!

Went to a concert in an RV one time back in the 1990's 

2 twin sisters & myself were the only ones without tickets. We partied in the RV while the concert was going on. No, I didn't score, but I did get to see their boobs!

Hey, I’d take that as a win!

On 12/23/2021 at 9:51 PM, nobody said:

If it was just the ticket prices & parking........maybe ?

But to gouge fans that outrageously for food & drink on top of that.......no thanks.

"There's a sucker born every minute" 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He said “his self” instead of himself  at least 3x. 

who cares

Turn the volume down. 

3 hours ago, Donkey said:

who cares

I do. Obviously 

I’d turn the volume down and tune in the radio but now they run the radio ahead so you need a converter to that.

1 hour ago, DrG said:

I’d turn the volume down and tune in the radio but now they run the radio ahead so you need a converter to that.

Just pause the game till it synchs up. 

I more or less agree that there isn't much need to GO to a game anymore. Great TV's, the RedZone or even just NFL networks gameday live, comfort of your own home or a friends, ability to get more people together to watch if you want..... the cost of tickets isn't a big deal to me. Buy a few days ahead of time on stubhub or vivdseats or whatever but then you tack on parking, inflated food prices at MOST stadiums, and the possibility of crap weather and the home experience wins hands down.

However, I still try to go to one game each season. For whatever reason there is still something to getting there 3 hours early, setting up the grille, sitting around in some camp chairs drinking some beer / taking shots, playing cornhole, radio pregame show on.  Yes, I know you can do all these things at home in your backyard before the game... wound up doing that a few times in 2020.... I just want that at the game experience once per season :dunno:

As far as the fantasy aspect, I agree that you don't need to really watch football to compete. Much of that has to do with how big fantasy has become and how many avenues for information there are. The skill gap is so small now. I grew up with the internet but back when i started playing FF, the amount of football I watched and how into the NFL I was helped me tremendously. 

Fantasy also boosts up the NFL's product but I wouldn't go as far as to say it would be baseball without fantasy. Baseball has so many other issues. Fantasy baseball exists but there is likely a reason it didn't take off to the same extent. 

actually, the sport I used to love but barely pay attention to anymore is basketball. Super teams and the stars running the organizations has completely turned me off.