Sign in to follow this  
polecatt

Best WR in the NFL?

As of right now, 2021 week 16, who is the best WR in the NFL?

This question has been bouncing around the past week or so, on various media outlets, so what's your take?

I say it's Cooper Kupp, some say Davante Adams, some say Justin Jefferson, or someone else.

Who is it, for fantasy football, and just football in general?

I don’t think one can truly say who’s the best nfl wr. To many variables. 

Best ff wr is very simple, Kupp.  He has the most ff points at the wr position. 

Deebo is making a strong case, having the year he's having with a curtain jerker like Jimmy G throwing him the ball.  Imagine him with a superior passer, like Rodgers or Stafford.

49 minutes ago, polecatt said:

As of right now, 2021 week 16, who is the best WR in the NFL?

This question has been bouncing around the past week or so, on various media outlets, so what's your take?

I say it's Cooper Kupp, some say Davante Adams, some say Justin Jefferson, or someone else.

Who is it, for fantasy football, and just football in general?

I think the question as you asked it leaves to many variables to just pick one. I would phrase the question if you were starting an NFL team and could pick any WR at the same salary who would you choose? For me that would be tough to answer but I think I'd pick Justin Jefferson.

This topic encouraged me to look up league leaders thus far this season.

I was surprised to see that Ertz has 70 rec going into tomorrow night. I would have guessed he was in the 40-50 range.

Kupp is having an all time year. But I have to go with D Adams.  

8 hours ago, jrokh said:

I think the question as you asked it leaves to many variables to just pick one. I would phrase the question if you were starting an NFL team and could pick any WR at the same salary who would you choose? For me that would be tough to answer but I think I'd pick Justin Jefferson.

If I were starting a dynasty team or something like that, Justin Jefferson or Ja'Marr Chase would be my pick. I don't think you could go wrong withe either

A lot of ways to look at this, but if there’s 3 seconds left in the Super Bowl and I need a wr to make a 10 yard TD catch, Adams or Hopkins. If I need someone to make a 40+ yard run after the catch, It’s probably someone else.

1 hour ago, Serenity Now said:

A lot of ways to look at this, but if there’s 3 seconds left in the Super Bowl and I need a wr to make a 10 yard TD catch, Adams or Hopkins. If I need someone to make a 40+ yard run after the catch, It’s probably someone else.

Situational-

4th and 3- Cooper Kupp

4th and goal at the 10-  Hopkins or Adams are good

Any sort of deep ball, run after the catch, etc.- Tyreek Hill

Long jump ball- DK Metcalf, Michael Gallup

the best WR is a harder question to answer.   from what I am seeing most interpret this as the most productive WR.    the most productive isnt necessarily the best.

there are things some WR do that dont show up on a scoresheet. (like blocking)

not all WR do it.  even fewer do it well, but its important.

as for the most productive, I think its Kupp hands down. 

On 12/24/2021 at 11:35 AM, jrokh said:

I agree with you from a longevity point, but if you have to pick a WR, and you only get 1 year, I'd say the answer is Adams

17 minutes ago, rallo said:

I agree with you from a longevity point, but if you have to pick a WR, and you only get 1 year, I'd say the answer is Adams

That was my first thought but if you put Rodgers on Minny and Cousins on GB it is much harder to figure…

16 minutes ago, jrokh said:

That was my first thought but if you put Rodgers on Minny and Cousins on GB it is much harder to figure…

I hear what you are saying, and maybe I haven't seen enough of Jefferson. Adams just looks like a guy who gets open and could dominate with almost any decent qb... sorry Baker, Lawrence, and other trash

To many variables to pick the best nfl wr.  

Most productive Kupp.