bostonlager

2022 EdEx - shop talk

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

Hey, if were doing that focking dumb shlt preffered pronoun thing I'm out.  

Nothing like that that man. KSB is a stand up dude. We keep it real in this. No politics stuff. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Whoa Horsey, pull your reigns,  I simply didn't know if you were a man or a woman.  

Now it's two sweet potatoes. 

ETA:  If @bostonlager vouches, you're IN.  But know your role.  

HorseMAN.😉   

Oh, this again?  I had a decent 2021.

count me in  ;)

On 1/6/2022 at 7:51 PM, bostonlager said:

At first I thought this would be great and speed up the pace of play. Then I got to thinking. They will now take 3 walks around the green looking at it rather then than 1.  This might make it worse. 

They should allow rangefinders on the greens

On 1/6/2022 at 7:51 PM, bostonlager said:

At first I thought this would be great and speed up the pace of play. Then I got to thinking. They will now take 3 walks around the green looking at it rather then than 1.  This might make it worse. 

if im not mistaken it was a change that was championed by the players. 

im also not sure if it is enforced everywhere or if "local rules" come into play at all.

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

if im not mistaken it was a change that was championed by the players. 

im also not sure if it is enforced everywhere or if "local rules" come into play at all.

I wanted to say it is across the board, but something with Augusta sticks out. That might be me remembering they were always banned there though. 

2 hours ago, edjr said:

They should allow rangefinders on the greens

A guy in my Sunday morning group has one of those and he plays slower than a Sergio/Bryson group. I want to smash those things every time I see one. 

12 hours ago, bostonlager said:

A guy in my Sunday morning group has one of those and he plays slower than a Sergio/Bryson group. I want to smash those things every time I see one. 

I have a pretty nice watch that does distance. I walk to my ball, step over it, check where the flag is, do a little math/wind/uphill/downhill, address my ball and hit it (no practice swings)

I am on the fastest players you will ever play with.  Even on the green, I take maybe 30 seconds

If you're going to suck, suck fast! :headbanger:  (same thing I tell all the wives from here)

23 minutes ago, edjr said:

I have a pretty nice watch that does distance. I walk to my ball, step over it, check where the flag is, do a little math/wind/uphill/downhill, address my ball and hit it (no practice swings)

I am on the fastest players you will ever play with.  Even on the green, I take maybe 30 seconds

If you're going to suck, suck fast! :headbanger:  (same thing I tell all the wives from here)

Same here. I use The Grint app. Get yardage to middle of green, grab club, and bombs away. 

9 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Same here. I use The Grint app. Get yardage to middle of green, grab club, and bombs away. 

greens are tiny in Maskachusetts, makes it a lot easier as well.  When I play down in Florida,. it is a little different. greens are 3 times the size

4 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I use the grint app but just to keep track of my scores. For yardage I have a bushnell… neo ghost I think it’s called. It clips on my belt and Gives front / mid / back yardage and dassssit.

Farmers insurance, 2 weeks!!

51 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I use the grint app but just to keep track of my scores. For yardage I have a bushnell… neo ghost I think it’s called. It clips on my belt and Gives front / mid / back yardage and dassssit.

If I ever get good enough to flag hunt, I might take a look at something like that. I just want on the green for now 

35 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

If I ever get good enough to flag hunt, I might take a look at something like that. I just want on the green for now 

WW likes to jam the flag up his rectum. Is that flag hunting?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

2nd Bushnell. 

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Im not flag hunting :lol:

I won mine as a door prize at an outing. I turn it on when i get to the course, it lists the nearby courses, i select mine and it starts me on hole 1. super basic functions. I only need middle of the green yardage but it shows all three on the screen. I think if you want, you can click a button when you hit a shot and then when you get to your ball it will give you the shot yardage.... idk, never use it. 

I prefer it over the grint gps using up my phone battery

1 hour ago, edjr said:

WW likes to jam the flag up his rectum. Is that flag hunting?

sometimes when playing golf, my rectum feels bigger than the hole :dunno:

17 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I won mine as a door prize at an outing. I turn it on when i get to the course, it lists the nearby courses, i select mine and it starts me on hole 1. super basic functions. I only need middle of the green yardage but it shows all three on the screen. I think if you want, you can click a button when you hit a shot and then when you get to your ball it will give you the shot yardage.... idk, never use it. 

I have an app on my phone.. sits in cart...before I get out..take a peek

37 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

So you to have to point it like a telescope? It’s just reads out and you glance down at your belt?

5 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

So you to have to point it like a telescope? It’s just reads out and you glance down at your belt?

yup. its just a tiny gps. no point and shoot binocular nonsense.  you can keep it in your cart, clip it to your bag... i just happen to clip it on my belt.  Stand over my ball, look at my belt to get the yardage, pull a club and fire away 

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

yup. its just a tiny gps. no point and shoot binocular nonsense.  you can keep it in your cart, clip it to your bag... i just happen to clip it on my belt.  Stand over my ball, look at my belt to get the yardage, pull a club and fire away 

That I might look into. Good info :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

That I might look into. Good info :thumbsup:

bushnell neo ghost i believe its called. Ive seen slightly different versions in the $50-100 range

Any of you guys have launch monitor knowledge? When my new clubs come in I’d like to get them dialed in distance wise before getting on the course. I’m also not looking to drop $2000 on one either. Are the cheaper models any good?

5 hours ago, bostonlager said:

Any of you guys have launch monitor knowledge? When my new clubs come in I’d like to get them dialed in distance wise before getting on the course. I’m also not looking to drop $2000 on one either. Are the cheaper models any good?

:dunno:  Theres an indoor simulator place near me. maybe $60/hour we can rent a room with trackman, use the range or play a course, watch the games, byob and food. If I want I can go there for a few hours to dial in my distances. Maybe you have a place like that near you?

6 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

:dunno:  Theres an indoor simulator place near me. maybe $60/hour we can rent a room with trackman, use the range or play a course, watch the games, byob and food. If I want I can go there for a few hours to dial in my distances. Maybe you have a place like that near you?

I checked the website at my place and it’s $15/hour plus $15/100 range balls.  Will be going that route :thumbsup:

I would love to have one of my own in case I ever want to put a simulator in my garage but the prices on a decent one are nuts.  I want to hold out in case they end up being like HD televisions and the bottom falls out of the prices in a couple/few years. 

6 hours ago, bostonlager said:

I checked the website at my place and it’s $15/hour plus $15/100 range balls.  Will be going that route :thumbsup:

I would love to have one of my own in case I ever want to put a simulator in my garage but the prices on a decent one are nuts.  I want to hold out in case they end up being like HD televisions and the bottom falls out of the prices in a couple/few years. 

Not bad. The one by me you just hit your own ball into the screen and the $60/hr is regardless of how many people you have. You’re renting the room so it makes sense to have a few guys go together and play a course. But I would still pay the same if I wanted to go solo and dial in my distances when it’s 20 degrees out. 

56 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Not bad. The one by me you just hit your own ball into the screen and the $60/hr is regardless of how many people you have. You’re renting the room so it makes sense to have a few guys go together and play a course. But I would still pay the same if I wanted to go solo and dial in my distances when it’s 20 degrees out. 

Mine is an outdoor range that has trackman in the heated stall. I have an indoor place nearby too, but they don't have any info online and I've yet to call them on rates. Will do so this afternoon 

If I understand correctly, the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines this year will be Wednesday-Saturday so they don't have to go up against NFL Championship games on Sunday. If we do this event, we wouldn't have much time to spare and would need to all be present and ready to go Monday morning for a draft (obviously). 

26 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

If I understand correctly, the Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines this year will be Wednesday-Saturday so they don't have to go up against NFL Championship games on Sunday. If we do this event, we wouldn't have much time to spare and would need to all be present and ready to go Monday morning for a draft (obviously). 

We can start the Friday before and roll it into the weekend. 

3 hours ago, bostonlager said:

We can start the Friday before and roll it into the weekend. 

That would be Friday...one week from today. 

4 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

That would be Friday...one week from today. 

Lets do that. 

Draft will start next Friday because the Farmers is Wed- Saturday due to the NFL Playoffs. Someone needs to produce a draft order. Is KSB still handling the money?

@Fumbleweed

@edjr

@KSB2424

@Alias Detective

@Cloaca du jour

@dain11279

@WhiteWonder

@Fireballer

@Horseman

21 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Lets do that. 

Draft will start next Friday because the Farmers is Wed- Saturday due to the NFL Playoffs. Someone needs to produce a draft order. Is KSB still handling the money?

@Fumbleweed

@edjr

@KSB2424

@Alias Detective

@Cloaca du jour

@dain11279

@WhiteWonder

@Fireballer

@Horseman

Doesn't matter to me who hold das $

4 hours ago, Fumbleweed said:

How about the games on Saturday :doh:

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

Not saturday games that week. Both champ games are on Sunday. 

5 minutes ago, edjr said:

Produce a draft order for us too. :thumbsup:

is that the full list?

Fumbleweed
edjr
KSB2424
Alias Detective
Cloaca du jour
dain11279
WhiteWonder
Fireballer
Whoreman

1 minute ago, edjr said:

is that the full list?

Fumbleweed
edjr
KSB2424
Alias Detective
Cloaca du jour
dain11279
WhiteWonder
Fireballer
Whoreman

Plus me

Just now, bostonlager said:

Plus me

Successfully emailed to edjr_0@yahoo.com

Your random draft order:

1. Cloacaine
  2. FB
  3. Whoreman
  4. Fumble
  5. KSB
  6. Ed
  7. AD
  8. Bostonracist
  9. WW
  10. Draino
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For the new guys - draft order for the events afterwards will be based on your place in the last tournament. If you finished last - you get first pick.