bostonlager

2022 EdEx - shop talk

On 8/3/2022 at 10:17 PM, Fumbleweed said:

We doing first playoff event or second? 

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I think we do the first one 

pretty sure it's been the first one. We never wanted to do the smaller fields, especially years where we had 10+  people in the league.

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

pretty sure it's been the first one. We never wanted to do the smaller fields, especially years where we had 10+  people in the league.

I’m down for an unsanctioned event on the 2 playoff tournament. 

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

I’m down for an unsanctioned event on the 2 playoff tournament. 

I say we do 50 and draft a 10 person team for the playoffs. 

take best 3 scores from each event, 2 from the Tour championship - if you don't have 2 guys make the 30 person final, YER OUT!

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

I say we do 50 and draft a 10 person team for the playoffs. 

take best 3 scores from each event, 2 from the Tour championship - if you don't have 2 guys make the 30 person final, YER OUT!

Totally in for that. Start a thread so we can hash out all the details and get it going. Might need to get a jump start this weekend since we’d have two drafts going at once. 

Just now, bostonlager said:

Totally in for that. Start a thread so we can hash out all the details and get it going. Might need to get a jump start this weekend since we’d have two drafts going at once. 

you do it, people like you. i think you get the idea. we can totally have 10 people draft too

I have to share something really cool with my EdEx Golf Geek Club buddies.  Go look at the current PGA Tour Leaderboard.  Currently at T10 is Blake McShea a late qualifier.

Well I met Blake, or as we called him "Lunch Money" 10 years ago when he was like 13.   Every Saturday and Sunday morning at 10:00am we had the Dog Fighters show up at the local course.  Anywhere from 20 to 30 golfers would show up, the A players drafted teams of four and we all chipped in 10 bucks a piece and played golf for money.  Lunch Money would show up and want to play and we let him, dude was 13 or 14 and was a B player.  He could GO back then at that age.  He went on to play college golf at UNCW but is hitting his stride now.  

Focking "Lunch Money" is T10 at the Wyndham.  A current member at my local po-dunk golf course is his caddie.  It's amazing.

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/08/05/monday-qualifier-blake-mcshea-pga-tour-wyndham-championship/

ETA:  We called him Lunch Money because he was a kid (back then) who loved to gamble so we used to ask him "I bet you take the kids in your school's lunch money".  Or "Where did you get that 10 bucks, is that your lunch money?"  :lol:

• Like 4

On 12/27/2021 at 8:49 AM, edjr said:

Farmers Jan 26
Genesis Feb 17
The Players March 10
Masters April 7
PGA May 19
US Open Jun 16
British Open Jul 14
BMW August 18

@bostonlager

BMW August 18

I don't really care, just pointing it out.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Horseman said:

@bostonlager

BMW August 18

I knew this seemed weird. Why are we using the St Jood?  I'm out

It would be silly to do the BMW. We'd basically be drafting the whole field and if I recall there is no cut in that event either.

Just now, KSB2424 said:

I’m really confused what’s going on.  Lots of threads. 

Slager got a little excited and is using the wrong tournament for last edex event

1 minute ago, dain11279 said:

It would be silly to do the BMW. We'd basically be drafting the whole field and if I recall there is no cut in that event either.

70 people - we draft 60 - Right - no cut. that is why it is fine.. it is all focking luck, just like fantasy football and texas holdem

26 minutes ago, Horseman said:

@bostonlager

BMW August 18

I think what happened here is the PGA schedule change. For years, the BMW was the first playoff event, but due to the downsizing of the WGC events, they gave it to St Jude

2 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I think what happened here is the PGA schedule change. For years, the BMW was the first playoff event, but due to the downsizing of the WGC events, they gave it to St Jude

:thumbsup:  Sounds good.

8 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I always remember it being the northern trust which became the st Jude last year I think. 

there were years we had 12 drafters. More golfers than the field Of the 2nd event has. Fairly certain we used to Do the first event it’s just switched sponsors so many times. 

Barclays - Northern Trust - St Jude 

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

I always remember it being the northern trust which became the st Jude last year I think. 

It was the 1st event. But the st jude blows.