Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Update: Akers May Play Week 18

Is it just me, or does it seem wildly irresponsible to put a young RB with a ton of promise in front of him on the field for even a play, seeing as how the Rams have secured a playoff spot already and he tore his achilles in July??   I mean, once the playoffs start that’s another thing, but would they really put him in the game this week??

Yes it does, but it just wouldn’t surprise me, remember they care about the health of their players.  

• Like 1

I read somewhere that Akers wants to play because playing now has to do with adding to his years of service for his NFL pension. And McVay is honoring that. 

10 hours ago, pee-diddy said:

I read somewhere that Akers wants to play because playing now has to do with adding to his years of service for his NFL pension. And McVay is honoring that. 

I read that too, but not sure if that means he actually has to play in a game, or just be in the active roster?

22 hours ago, pee-diddy said:

this may be a thing.

An Achilles injury is a bad injury for RB's.  sometimes career ending.

that being said, if he is looking good, it may also be a case that the team wants to see what he can do against a real opponent rather than just practice.

playoffs are coming and if an injury or covid rips the lineup apart, its good to know what you have in him.

it may be a case where he doesnt get a whole lot of reps.     A large part of this may be based on the risk of re-injury as well.   Only the doctors can make that determination.

but if the risk of re-injury is low, I cant see the team not giving him a shot to see what he can do.

Healthy players need to play after they have been out for so long. You want to know how his body responds to playing before game planning a playoff game. It would be perfect for the team if they can see how he looks prior to any playoff games.  

On 12/27/2021 at 8:40 PM, RedzoneMonster said:

Is it just me, or does it seem wildly irresponsible to put a young RB with a ton of promise in front of him on the field for even a play, seeing as how the Rams have secured a playoff spot already and he tore his achilles in July??   I mean, once the playoffs start that’s another thing, but would they really put him in the game this week??

I agree, this is a terrible idea.