Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Anybody rolling with Trey Lance if he starts?

I picked him up and dropped Cousins to start in my championship game.

Good luck

44 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

brave move.

against Green Bay the gamescript should be a good one for Cousins.  and if Cook doesnt play, hes gonna be throwing the ball an awful lot.

Lance may be okay.   but a rookie QB is always a dice throw.   he could light it up, he could stink the joint out.

he will get yards with his feet so his floor is higher than a normal rookie.  it may work out for you, but I dont think I would make that move.

good luck

Cousins did score 28 ff points the first time he played against the Packers.   

I've been debating this as well. I have Lamar possibly coming back, but who knows how effective he'll be with the ankle. I might take my shot and play Trey Lance over Lamar.

4 hours ago, Serenity Now said:

Green Bay is supposed to be incredibly cold. A bit of wind or snow could turn that game into a rather low scoring affair.

9°  SSW wind 7 mph

Definitely not balmy.

Saw that Jimmy G still might play.  

9 minutes ago, IN$TANT REPAY said:

Lance suxor

Cousins, Carr, tua, fields, roethlisberger, goff, wentz, mills, Jones, Mayfield, and a couple other scrubs.  I just feel like he had his sniff of the NFL earlier in the year, has had time to learn since then and this week to prepare against a less than stellar Texans d who has nothing to play for really, other than pride.  I just think this might be a prime opportunity for him and who knows which of those other options might be the right play.

You've got balz & like they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained. 

But can't understand how you call a QB with the following stats a scrub ?

3971 yds

30 td's
7 int's

On 12/28/2021 at 10:51 PM, cmh6476 said:

well, its starting to look like you made the right move. Cousins is out with covid.  

you have good luck

On 12/29/2021 at 1:32 PM, weepaws said:

Saw that Jimmy G still might play.  

here is hoping.  I just lost cousins in my 2 QB league, and Jimmy G was my third QB.   so I went from overflowing at QB to scrambling.  If Jimmy G returns, my life becomes a lot easier

No, he's on another team. It's a start 2 QB league and I have Mahomes and Dak.   I am worried about Dalvin Cook with no Kirk Cousins but playing him for sure anyway.   

Hard to believe they gave up two ones and 3 for this guy.  They already lost one year on him, and if he doesn’t look good to e s the season the carping will begin. Shanny and Lynch have a lot riding on this kid. 

On 12/31/2021 at 7:07 PM, RedzoneMonster said:

I’m more concerned with how Lance playing will affect Deebo?..

not good I'm afraid.  I see a lot of Tim Teebow in this kid.   solid for fantasy points for the QB.  bad for his WR.

that said, hes a rookie and they sat him for a reason.  with some luck they worked on his pocket presence and hopefully hes a better thrower than Teebow was.

Thing is... hes basically a RB who can throw.  Not ideal.

On 12/31/2021 at 4:18 PM, Gepetto said:

No, he's on another team. It's a start 2 QB league and I have Mahomes and Dak.   I am worried about Dalvin Cook with no Kirk Cousins but playing him for sure anyway.   

as you should be.  

One thing I've learned in years past is that Rodgers can play in the cold..  this could well mean a negative gamescript if they get a good sized lead early in the game.

but you know the saying.  Never Bench your studs.

Cook is the kind of player who really only needs to break one run to be productive.   but If I were Green Bay I would be stacking the box all day long. 

I read that at kickoff the temperature for the Pack Vs Vikings game will be down in the single digits. 

Should have went with mac Jones but still going to win