Sign in to follow this  
rowdystylz1

Darren Waller?

He was over drafted, and shouldn’t have been drafted before double digit rounds. 

If he’s good to go this week , and the best one has start him.  

Dbl digit rounds?  Hmm hes a surefire top 3 TE when hes out there. Cant really plan for injuries but i hear ya. If hes good to go it will be hard to sit him, just makes me queasy why he has been sidelined so long

Seems a little fishy when they call a guy "day-to-day" shortly after an injury occurs and then he's out for over a month and counting.  Either the organization seriously underplayed a significant injury, or the player is engaging in an operation-shut-down.  One of those things is true.

It's a shame because he was just coming off a season-best game and looked primed for a strong finish, like last year.  Remember, last season he was pretty mediocre all the way through week 12, then absolutely tore it up in weeks 13-17.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

He was over drafted, and shouldn’t have been drafted before double digit rounds. 

If he’s good to go this week , and the best one has start him.  

If I didn’t spend a 5th round pick on Mark Andrews I would have lost in the first round of the playoffs. He has carried my team to the title game with what he has done the last 2 weeks, any other TE and my year was over. Why I would generally agree with you on waiting for a TE it isn’t always a winning formula.

51 minutes ago, rilett said:

If I didn’t spend a 5th round pick on Mark Andrews I would have lost in the first round of the playoffs. He has carried my team to the title game with what he has done the last 2 weeks, any other TE and my year was over. Why I would generally agree with you on waiting for a TE it isn’t always a winning formula.

Same with last year when I drafted Waller in rd 7 and won the ship’ Only Sith Lords and Weepaws speak in absolutes about Fantasy Football…

1 hour ago, rilett said:

Congrats , and good luck.  

It’s a debatable issue. I appreciate and respect your reply, now go win a championship. 

11 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Same with last year when I drafted Waller in rd 7 and won the ship’ Only Sith Lords and Weepaws speak in absolutes about Fantasy Football…

One thing about WeePaws, he pays off his bets if he loses, some don’t.   

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

One thing about WeePaws, he pays off his bets if he loses, some don’t.   

I do when I lose, but I don’t make absolutes about fantasy football strategy. I also don’t misspell every other word, use broken English, or fail to grasp 1st grade arithmetic. See, there are many differences between us…

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

I do when I lose, but I don’t make absolutes about fantasy football strategy. I also don’t misspell every other word, use broken English, or fail to grasp 1st grade arithmetic. See, there are many differences between us…

Thank you Jesus.  

7 hours ago, rilett said:

well, in general, Weepaws is right in the sense that most TE's shouldnt be drafted early.

where I disagree is that I believe there are some you should make an exception for.

but if you are going to make that exception, the player Needs to produce numbers equal to or better than what you paid to draft them.

how I define:

if you grab the best TE and he gives you a 4 point advantage (on average over every other TE in the league as Kelce did)  hes worth more than a double digit round draft pick.

the real problem is we dont have the gift of foresight.   but we can look at the offense, figure out the likely place your player belongs.

if the best WR on the board gives you a 3 point advantage on all the other WR's expected to go in the next round and the top TE gives you a 4 point advantage, the TE is the right choice to make regardless of our prejudices related to position.

so if you believe in your ratings, (wherever you got them from) you pick the player that helps you the most.

3 (possibly 4.... I forget) years ago I grabbed Kelce in the second last pick of the first round of our keeper league draft.  as we kept 3 it was the equivalent of a late 4th round pick.   someone accused me of making a panic move. 

My response: he was as good as the best WR on the board.  and I am loaded at RB.  why wouldnt I take him?

he gave me (in my estimation) a 5 point advantage every week (larger in some weeks when the opponent didnt have a good TE)

turned out to be a great pick.  I won the championship that year.

but when you are making a pick like this, you better be very sure the pick is gonna hit.   a miss blows up your draft.

bottom line, there are players worth making an exception to that rule.   Players like this dont come along often.  when you are sure, you pull out the stops to acquire them.

And one can win with drafting a te in the double digit rounds and stream until one lands a winner.  Like Dawson, he’s been pretty good.  

Bottom line it’s good to see you all win.  

39 minutes ago, weepaws said:

And one can win with drafting a te in the double digit rounds and stream until one lands a winner.  Like Dawson, he’s been pretty good.  

Bottom line it’s good to see you all win.  

I dont disagree with this.

there are lots of ways to win.

if you can grab a TE on the cheap it can be a good way to go.   

in general, if you are gonna pay for a top 3 or top 4 TE, make sure you get value for the capital spent (draft picks or auction bucks)

if you dont, you might as well wait until late and grab one for cheap and roll the dice. (or get one at auction for a buck or two)