Pick 2 RBs. For the Big Win

Which two? Full point PPR. 

R.Jones (at Jets)

Montgomery (vs. NYG)

Michel (at Balt)

Penny (vs. Det)

Eli Mitchell (vs. Hou) assume he plays

Darrel Williams (at Cin) 

My thoughts---I'm leaning R.Jones and Michel, but the Balt matchup for Michel worries me a bit, but not sure if it should (how good is Balt run defense?) Michel played like 90% of snaps last week. Not sure how much Rams will use Akers. Mitchell intrigues me if he's healthy and full go he could smash. He doesn't catch too many passes, though. Penny could be great if he gets volume and scores, but he never catches passes and is off field on all passing downs and this is full ppr. Montgomery is ranked very high this week but I just don't know if can trust that offense and Fields may be back and he is bad for Montgomery, esp for Montg catching passes. 

Jones and Montgomery. 

Good luck, go win a championship 

15 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Jones and Montgomery. 

Good luck, go win a championship 

if I don't have the balls to start Montgomery, who's next for you? 

Michel. 

I would go with Jones for sure.  I also like Monty this week over Sony, and I have Sony on my team.  LOL  I could also see Williams doing well in that game against cincy.  But I still think I'd go Monty and Jones.  

Would agree. 

23 hours ago, skydiverd said:

I would go with Jones for sure.  I also like Monty this week over Sony, and I have Sony on my team.  LOL  I could also see Williams doing well in that game against cincy.  But I still think I'd go Monty and Jones.  

Thanks. Help me think through this (and Weepaws, if you are listening, please also chime in). I get that Monty should see volume yet again, but my constant worry with him is that he is insanely inefficient. Last week with 21 carries for only 45 yards (2.1 ypc). Just miserable. His passing game work and TD saved him. This has been his story all year. He's the posterchild RB for ineffeciency on a bad offense. And Fields is trending towards playinig, and Fields kills his passing game work. Kills it bad. 

Michel played something close to 90% of snaps last week. McVay just said it looks like Akers will not play. Henderson is out. It's literally all Michel and Michel is on a far better offense that will have the ball in redzone more often and McVay likes to run it there. 

So both Monty and Michel should see high volume. Michel is on the far far better offense and he's more efficient. Is the only reason you all are saying Monty is because of the matchup? If so, ok, Balt does have a better run D than Giants. But shouldn't Michel still have just as many touches and more redzone opportunities? What am I missing? 

I own both on a ppr team , and I’m going with Montgomery over Michel, even with Montgomery horrible per rush avg he has still avg three more points per game over Michel their last three games, the Ravens pass def is awful, I think that Stafford will beat them through the air, Michel gets very little targets, I can see him with 16-20 att 78 yards and zero tds and 2 targets.  I like Montgomery matchup more , of course but he’s going to get 6 or more targets and I think has even a better chance of reaching the end zone. 

And in closing it simply comes down to my personal feelings about this issue, and I’m going Montgomery.  

Good luck with this decision. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2021 at 6:18 PM, bfros said:

Which two? Full point PPR. 

R.Jones (at Jets)

Montgomery (vs. NYG)

Michel (at Balt)

Penny (vs. Det)

Eli Mitchell (vs. Hou) assume he plays

Darrel Williams (at Cin) 

My thoughts---I'm leaning R.Jones and Michel, but the Balt matchup for Michel worries me a bit, but not sure if it should (how good is Balt run defense?) Michel played like 90% of snaps last week. Not sure how much Rams will use Akers. Mitchell intrigues me if he's healthy and full go he could smash. He doesn't catch too many passes, though. Penny could be great if he gets volume and scores, but he never catches passes and is off field on all passing downs and this is full ppr. Montgomery is ranked very high this week but I just don't know if can trust that offense and Fields may be back and he is bad for Montgomery, esp for Montg catching passes. 

I am going Jones and Penny. I think Montgomery is fine instead of Penny if u choose that but I think Penny will just run all over Detroit with multiple scores. I just see a big game coming. Because its PPR, I can see why u would go Montgomery but its Penny and Jones for me. Good luck. Please see mine. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

I own both on a ppr team , and I’m going with Montgomery over Michel, even with Montgomery horrible per rush avg he has still avg three more points per game over Michel their last three games, the Ravens pass def is awful, I think that Stafford will beat them through the air, Michel gets very little targets, I can see him with 16-20 att 78 yards and zero tds and 2 targets.  I like Montgomery matchup more , of course but he’s going to get 6 or more targets and I think has even a better chance of reaching the end zone. 

And in closing it simply comes down to my personal feelings about this issue, and I’m going Montgomery.  

Good luck with this decision. 

thanks. Now that Dalton has been announced the starter, I feel better about dump offs to Montgomery. I am keeping an eye on the weather though in Chicago...it's supposed to be awful heavy rain. Good for run game, but not for efficient running/offense.