Sign in to follow this  
Gladiators

Anyone been to Kauai?

I said fock it and am ready to book a spring break vacation to Hawaii.  Planning to book through Costco since it seems to be relatively straightforward.  Flights, resort and car rental are easy.  Any restaurant recommendations?

3 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Merriman’s

roy’s

Thanks.  Do you mind expanding?  I suppose I can google...My boys will be 11 and 8.  They like pretty much everything.  Seafood, steak, sushi, etc.

1 minute ago, Gladiators said:

Thanks.  Royyamaguchi looks excellent.

They both are. I prefer merriman’s, but they aren’t showing much of their regular menu (holiday menus are presented)

we are going to Maui at the end of January… can’t wait 

9 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

They both are. I prefer merriman’s, but they aren’t showing much of their regular menu (holiday menus are presented)

we are going to Maui at the end of January… can’t wait 

We haven't traveled a ton.  Wife and I had a vacation booked to Tahiti (Bora Bora and Moorea) for our 10 year anniversary, but COVID focked that up. We were supposed to fly out in mid-March 2020.  We go to Anna Maria Island every January (last week), but that's a full family vacation.  I rent the house.

We're staying at the Grandy Hyatt.  I plan on booking reservations at Tidepools and Stevenson's place.

• Like 1

I've been to a lot of places and Kauai was maybe my favorite vacation.  It has some of the best of the Hawaiian microclimates.  North shore has the lush misty tropics including Hanalei Bay, and Princeville Golf (the lushest golf course I've ever played).  South shore has great beaches including Poipu.  Fantastic red rock hiking inland.  All on a small island where everything is an hour and change from each other.

My only "complaint" would be that it could use some more night life/restaurants.  

Regardless, you'll love it, enjoy.  :cheers: 

• Like 1

Yeah if Merrimans is anything like the one in Maui I would highly recommend that one. We are actually going to Kuaui in March and there’s a really cool tubing excursion that you should look into. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I've been to a lot of places and Kauai was maybe my favorite vacation.  It has some of the best of the Hawaiian microclimates.  North shore has the lush misty tropics including Hanalei Bay, and Princeville Golf (the lushest golf course I've ever played).  South shore has great beaches including Poipu.  Fantastic red rock hiking inland.  All on a small island where everything is an hour and change from each other.

My only "complaint" would be that it could use some more night life/restaurants.  

Regardless, you'll love it, enjoy.  :cheers: 

Thanks for the feedback. We booked it this afternoon and can’t wait. :cheers:

2 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Yeah if Merrimans is anything like the one in Maui I would highly recommend that one. We are actually going to Kuaui in March and there’s a really cool tubing excursion that you should look into. 

Was it you and I who missed in Maui a few years ago?

5 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

Was it you and I who missed in Maui a few years ago?

Yeah think so….ha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I saw that one. It definitely looks fun, but I’m trying to find the right balance between excursions and pool/beach time.

We’ll be there March 18-26.

yes went to hawaii on honeymoon. kuauai and the big island. actually liked big island better because our hotel was way better with a private beach. but kauai was nicer scenery. 

I went 15 years ago. It was the slowest of the islands. I really enjoyed just chilling on the beach.

7 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Vacation starts tomorrow morning. :banana:

Have a great time my man. I’ll be there nine days later. 

46 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Vacation starts tomorrow morning. :banana:

🌴🍹🐠🐋🤿🏄‍♂️

On 12/31/2021 at 12:09 AM, Gladiators said:

I said fock it and am ready to book a spring break vacation to Hawaii.  Planning to book through Costco since it seems to be relatively straightforward.  Flights, resort and car rental are easy.  Any restaurant recommendations?

There's a Saimin joint by the airport that's really good.  It's called Hamura Saimin.

On 12/31/2021 at 6:05 PM, Gladiators said:

Sunset cruise was flocking awesome. Na Pali coastline was unbelievable. We saw multiple humpback whales…not the GC wife kind…and a pod of 50 or so spinner dolphins right off the front of the catamaran. Got some great pics and videos. My boys also got to drive the catamaran, which they thought was great.

Zip lining  was flocking awesome. I went upside down on one line. Cool to say I did it, but couldn’t take in the views in that position.

Kayak and secret waterfall tour got rained out today. Boo

Waimea Canyon tour is Thursday. Hoping for great weather.

Tidepools dinner was great, as was Stevenson’s.

So far, most amazing trip we’ve taken.

• Like 3

On 3/23/2022 at 12:27 AM, Gladiators said:

Sunset cruise was flocking awesome. Na Pali coastline was unbelievable. We saw multiple humpback whales…not the GC wife kind…and a pod of 50 or so spinner dolphins right off the front of the catamaran. Got some great pics and videos. My boys also got to drive the catamaran, which they thought was great.

Zip lining  was flocking awesome. I went upside down on one line. Cool to say I did it, but couldn’t take in the views in that position.

:thumbsup:

Sounds like an awesome trip! :thumbsup:

I need to get there in the next couple years. Been to Maui and loved it, think I’d probably like Kauai even more from the sound of it

On 3/22/2022 at 10:27 PM, Gladiators said:

Awesome!

This reminds me that sometime this summer my wife's good friend and former boss is getting married on a boat off the Na Pali coast of Kauai and we've been invited.  Seems like a slam dunk excuse to go back to a place we loved, only I have that pesky "will drown if I go underwater" problem with my stoma.  I may try a large cruise ship someday but a catamaran, I'm not sure I'm ready for that risk.  

Odds are we go and I don't go to the actual wedding.  Maybe I'll head over to Princeville to golf instead, and all of the guys at the wedding can be jealous.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

Currently wheels up to Kuaui!! 

Hope you guys have a great week

🌴🍹🐠

3 hours ago, cyclone24 said:

Currently wheels up to Kuaui!! 

Hope you guys have a great week

You too!  :pointstosky: