Sign in to follow this  
rowdystylz1

Kirk Cousins Out - Covid list

yeah, the loss of cousins is trouble for a lot of people.

hes been pretty steady all year.

but apparently not when it counts.

6 minutes ago, rowdystylz1 said:

No chance i sit him for Amon st Brown or A.Gibsons backup, Patterson right?   

Patterson…no chance.  St. Brown I’d think about for a short minute, but still no.

17 minutes ago, rowdystylz1 said:

No chance i sit him for Amon st Brown or A.Gibsons backup, Patterson right?   

In a ppr I would give Amon a lot of thought.  The Packers have a sold pass def, as a Jefferson owners I was looking forward to him posting big number like he did the first time they meet this season, but at GB with a back up Qb Vs a good pass def, I would think about it imo.  

As a Cook owner this situation is a tough one, the Pack will stack the oline.  

I wasn't thrilled with Herbert going up against a tough DEN DEF.  But with Cousins, my QB2 now OUT - the decision is made for me..

I got to sit JJ for Jamar Chase now right? This just seems too obvious, to be anything other than a really bad idea. Change line-up that got you to the finals during the finals. Always works! :wall:

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

In a ppr I would give Amon a lot of thought.  The Packers have a sold pass def, as a Jefferson owners I was looking forward to him posting big number like he did the first time they meet this season, but at GB with a back up Qb Vs a good pass def, I would think about it imo.  

Its a half ppr which makes it even a more difficult decision..  stacked boxed and a potential dreadful gamescript i am now considering benching JJ. How did i get here lol!  Amon thankfully has been superb. Will be a tough decision

1 hour ago, mobb_deep said:

I got to sit JJ for Jamar Chase now right? This just seems too obvious, to be anything other than a really bad idea. Change line-up that got you to the finals during the finals. Always works! :wall:

100% imo…. I have little faith a backup qb with 3 career starts will be able to face constant pressure and move the chains. Sigh

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Hopefully Cook can retain some value and eat a ton of dumpoffs. 

48 minutes ago, rowdystylz1 said:

Its a half ppr which makes it even a more difficult decision..  stacked boxed and a potential dreadful gamescript i am now considering benching JJ. How did i get here lol!  Amon thankfully has been superb. Will be a tough decision

I looked at some numbers, last three weeks , Amon has scored more 1/2 ppr ff points then Jefferson even with Cousins. I think if Rodgers and company start to roll at home and the crowd gets going, it’s going to be a tough day for a back up Qb.  

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

if they dont, I think it would be a tactical error on the part of the Def. coordinator.

the smart move is to neutralize the run and force that QB to throw the ball.

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

if they dont, I think it would be a tactical error on the part of the Def. coordinator.

the smart move is to neutralize the run and force that QB to throw the ball.

See what the Dolphins did to the Saints last week.  

Kamara actually averaged 4 YPC.   but not many carries.

possibly due  to audible to  pass  in RPO  plays  when the box was  stacked.

didnt watch  the  game,  but heard  it on the radio.   I imagine the early lead due to the pick 6 may have  affected the game plan too.  it felt   like a conservative game  plan

Exactly 

On 12/31/2021 at 11:06 AM, rowdystylz1 said:

100% imo…. I have little faith a backup qb with 3 career starts will be able to face constant pressure and move the chains. Sigh

55.6 points. Boom championship! Thanks for convincing me I wasn’t nuts! :cheers:

On 1/1/2022 at 1:40 PM, weepaws said:

Exactly 

well, I am hoping you are right. I need cook to score less than 15 fantasy points.  if that happens I get the win.   I'd say my odds are a bit less than 50-50.  my hope is that the Pack takes a sizeable lead early and the gamescript and crappy QB play for the vikings keeps Cooks potential rather limited.

Sorry but I own Cook, so I need more than that.  

honestly, its a 3 score game, but it feels closer than that.

the Minny Defense actually hasnt looked bad.  if Rodgers and Adams werent so dialed in, this would likely be a close game.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well, I am hoping you are right. I need cook to score less than 15 fantasy points.  if that happens I get the win.   I'd say my odds are a bit less than 50-50.  my hope is that the Pack takes a sizeable lead early and the gamescript and crappy QB play for the vikings keeps Cooks potential rather limited.

Congrats 

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Congrats 

Thank you.

given how many were out with covid  or injury this week on both sides of our rosters, it may have been more luck than skill.

as it turns out, Cousins being out with covid ended up helping me more than hurting me.  his absence did turn into the Pack stacking the box early and Cooks Numbers were by far his worst of the year.

in that way I got a bit lucky. 

You should never count on Cook to get less than 15 points in any given week, but thats exactly what I needed to happen.  This week I got it.  Most weeks I wouldn't have.

That said.... I'll take the win.