Sign in to follow this  
Wargod

Who was this years "it" guy?

So who the guy to own that put you over the edge this year? Probbly gonna be on most championship teams?

J Taylor

C Kupp

J Chase

J Allen

M Andrews

????

Just like every year it’s the highest scoring RB and highest scoring non QB. So Taylor and Kupp. Nothing to see here…

18 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Just like every year it’s the highest scoring RB and highest scoring non QB. So Taylor and Kupp. Nothing to see here…

Well, I've got Taylor and Kupp and lost only once in the regular season.  But my opponent in the finals has Chase and Allen.  So it looks bad.  :wall: 

But to the point of the thread, Taylor and Kupp were the two best for overall performance and consistency.  Kupp was drafted later so I'd probably give him the nod.

Kupp easily based on what his ADP was before the season.  

Deebo Samuel deserves an honorable mention. Most people drafted him in the 8th/9th round and he’s WR4 in my PPR league.

• Like 1

Amon St Brown of the Lions.  Wow. 

24 minutes ago, mobb_deep said:

Deebo Samuel deserves an honorable mention. Most people drafted him in the 8th/9th round and he’s WR4 in my PPR league.

Just put my total points league out of reach today. Deebo and Chase cost 5% of my auction budget and helped me run away from the league even after losing D Henry.

43 minutes ago, mobb_deep said:

41 minutes ago, weepaws said:

What's this crap

35 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

What's this crap

That crap would be Bell and Green, who aren’t deserving. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Don’t own him, but he’s deserving. 

16 hours ago, weepaws said:

I’d put St. Brown at the top of the “best value” list…Patterson would have been, but faded some down the stretch.

For the OP, I’d have to say what others have about Kupp.  ADP in the 50’s/60’s to start the season but 1A/1B with Taylor for FFB MVP.  And consistent every week.  Guys like Hill & Chase had a couple of bad weeks…Kupp never did.

I think Patterson showed us just how much his talent over his career was waisted, but he also showed as the season went on why he should be used more sparingly next season, he’s just wore out imo.  

He will be a over value draft pick next season imo.  

35 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think Patterson showed us just how much his talent over his career was waisted, but he also showed as the season went on why he should be used more sparingly next season, he’s just wore out imo.  

He will be a over value draft pick next season imo.  

I’ve got him in one of my dynasty leagues, and he’s definitely at the top of my list of guys I’ll be shopping around to trade while his value is still pretty high.

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

What kind of waist?  Long-waisted?  High-waisted?  Other?

On 1/2/2022 at 7:14 PM, weepaws said:

That crap would be Bell and Green, who aren’t deserving. 

Don’t own him, but he’s deserving. 

Says the guy that said Keenan Allen was better than deebo in the middle of the season 🙄 

5 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Says the guy that said Keenan Allen was better than deebo in the middle of the season 🙄 

Allen 1/2 point ppr avg per game ranks 12, how about that stud Green? 

And didn’t you post back when the Ravens sign Bell how everyone will regret not picking him up, can you remind me how great he was.

Thanks. 

I'll also vote for Kupp.  He's having a historical season - all with a 1st year / new-to-him QB.

Our league champ rode the Stafford-Kupp combo to the title. My Ekeler-JTaylor got me the #1 seed but lost in the semis.

Kupp, Deebo, and Taylor are the obvious choices.

Dark horse: Burrow. If you made it to the playoffs, his last 2 weeks could easily put a lot of teams over the top.

2 hours ago, posty said:

@edjr

Isn't he the best IT guy that posts here?

:dunno:

:cheers:  I might post the most, but we have a lot of good IT guys here.  

1 hour ago, edjr said:

:cheers:  I might post the most, but we have a lot of good IT guys here.  

Just for fun I did the math, and if it averages you one min per post, you've spent a total of 74 days of your life posting here.

11 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

Just for fun I did the math, and if it averages you one min per post, you've spent a total of 74 days of your life posting here.

I probably spend about 7 seconds per post and think about what I am about to type for 3 seconds

2 hours ago, edjr said:

I probably spend about 7 seconds per post and think about what I am about to type for 3 seconds

I believe you.

15 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

And that would be inaccurate because during the upgrade, edjr, like some others, lost a lot on their post counts...

4 hours ago, edjr said:

For the record, I wasn't making fun of you.  Just thought it was an interesting stat.  :)

3 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

For the record, I wasn't making fun of you.  Just thought it was an interesting stat.  :)

didn't think so, but you're right. Interesting and sad. lol

Uhhh, for me it was Jonathan Taylor. Reading and listening to the posts on him before the season did make my assessment.of.his potential this year. Some were high on him and ranking him as a top 10 pick. Others had him bottom of the first round and.maybe some considered him a high upside rb2 with Nyheim Hines stealing touches, especially 3rd down and passing situations. Plus the.talj of Marlon Mack returning from injurry.as.he was a productive back recently. All were good valid points.to.consider when I was evaluating Taylor. Still with all the discussion and info put forth I still thought he was worthy of a high pick. Initially I believed he was a top 5 pick and I held fast to that notion and made him my first pick in several leagues. I was glad to get him at 5 and even happier I got him at 7 and 7 in two leagues. I listen and pay attention to what you guys offer here and it's been invaluable. I just trusted my fantasy instincts of Taylor and it turned out my instincts were correct. He helped win several leagues. So, thank you Mr. Taylor and looking forward to having him as.a.top keeper jn some of my leagues. Sometimes my gut instincts don't pan out, as happens to all of us, but in this case they were right and had a very enjoyable fantasy season with Jonathan Taylor on my roster. I'm pretty sure he'll be a top 3 pick next year and possibly even #1 overall.

When I opened this I thought it might be about was the best "hype" pick of the year. You know, a later round guy who had lots of hype in the summer and starting moving up draft boards and actually worked out. 

I guess it's just who was the best fantasy pick.

It would have to be Kupp. He was largely a 4th round pick and that consistency is key. Taylor was great but he was a 1st round pick and Austin Ekeler was just as good / consistent. 

39 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

When I opened this I thought it might be about was the best "hype" pick of the year. You know, a later round guy who had lots of hype in the summer and starting moving up draft boards and actually worked out. 

I guess it's just who was the best fantasy pick.

It would have to be Kupp. He was largely a 4th round pick and that consistency is key. Taylor was great but he was a 1st round pick and Austin Ekeler was just as good / consistent. 

"Later" round guys who provided unforeseen value in my 10 team league:

Javonte Williams 6.05

Swift 7.01

Conner 7.09

Deebo 10.09

Fournette 12.01

Find it interesting that J Williams went before Swift. 

58 minutes ago, rotisserieking said:

"Later" round guys who provided unforeseen value in my 10 team league:

Javonte Williams 6.05

Swift 7.01

Conner 7.09

Deebo 10.09

Fournette 12.01

But I'm not sure any of those guys were hyped very much. I saw "it" guy in the thread title.  It made me think of guys who everyone was touting before drafts. I was personally on Fournette for his value but not sure he was very hyped. Feel like debo was supressed because more hype was on Aiyuk.