Sign in to follow this  
Phil Simms 11

Antonio Brown lost it

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

Ryan Clark had an interview several years ago in which he said he told the Pittsburgh coaching staff that once Antonio Brown gets paid, he was going to be a problem, so he was probably always crazy.

That is the thing.

it happens a lot. not just to pro sports players.

Movie stars,  Singers, sports guys, CEO's.   lots of people once they get rich and/or famous they get to a point where they feel they can do no wrong.

its what money does to a lot of people.

thats why (to me at least) it is not necessarily a given that he has a mental illness.

Though I'd still say odds are good he does need some form of professional help it is legitimately possible that he could just be a big Jerk.  nothing else to it.

1 minute ago, posty said:

Time Magazine 2022 Person of the Year

LoL!

He’ll be a Cowboy by Tuesday. It’s meant to be.  

Brown has spoken...:blink:

"I knew the game was still going I left cause I’m super gremlin," he wrote on his Stories.

"Super Gremlin" refers to a song by rapper Kodak Black. He had alluded to it in the immediate aftermath of his departure from the team, when he fired off a tweet and Instagram posts with similar references.

Brown also posted a link to his new rap song, "Pit Not the Palace," after he left the game.

I think he was just kidding, and stayed up the night before the game watching Slap Shot.  

Just read that Brown didn’t feel healthy enough to go back in the game because of his ankle.  When he refused to do so, he was told his services would no longer be needed, and to leave.

I'd say Arians is not being forth coming with the whole story.  And why is he telling Brown he's done?  He sounds as passive aggressive as Brown is or more so.  Might want to find out why your elite WR won't go into the game before telling him he's finished.  I hope Tampa loses early in the playoffs.

46 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I'd say Arians is not being forth coming with the whole story.  And why is he telling Brown he's done?  He sounds as passive aggressive as Brown is or more so.  Might want to find out why your elite WR won't go into the game before telling him he's finished.  I hope Tampa loses early in the playoffs.

what do you expect. 

Teams dont generally air their dirty laundry in front of the press.

At the same time if Brown didnt feel he could play due to his ankle, he should have informed the team before the game so they could make other plans.

That is on him.

I suspect something else is going on here, but chances are good we will never hear the whole story.

i was listening to the fantasy football channel while driving soccer players around and the description of what was going on with this was hilarious (i know on some level it's sad, so please forgive me).  The guys were like "Did we just witness Antonio Brown retire from the game of football?  in the 3rd quarter?"

haha

19 hours ago, Ray_T said:

what do you expect. 

Teams dont generally air their dirty laundry in front of the press.

At the same time if Brown didnt feel he could play due to his ankle, he should have informed the team before the game so they could make other plans.

That is on him.

I suspect something else is going on here, but chances are good we will never hear the whole story.

Maybe he did inform them, or maybe said he wasn't sure but he could give it a go or something to that effect, nobody really knows what happened except for him and the coaching staff.

10 minutes ago, Donkey said:

Maybe he did inform them, or maybe said he wasn't sure but he could give it a go or something to that effect, nobody really knows what happened except for him and the coaching staff.

he didn't appear to be limping during his retirement ceremony.

I think something was said that hurt his ego.  but that's just a wild guess

2 hours ago, cavern said:

Winner, he was dancing in the end zone, and jumping.  

4 hours ago, cavern said:

you don't have to be limping while jogging to have an injury that prevents you from playing tackle football

18 minutes ago, Donkey said:

you don't have to be limping while jogging to have an injury that prevents you from playing tackle football

But it would tend to bolster your ankle excuse, had you thought of it before spryly jogging off...

39 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

But it would tend to bolster your ankle excuse, had you thought of it before spryly jogging off...

My guess is he has enough evidence and the Bucs may not come out of this looking so rosy, we shall see.

12 hours ago, Donkey said:

My guess is he has enough evidence and the Bucs may not come out of this looking so rosy, we shall see.

I guess Brown IS going with the ankle story.

Even so - I still don't believe an injury justifies leaving like he did.

Arians indicates they spoke before Brown exited and it was not about an injury.

I don't think Antonio Brown has earned the benefit of the doubt from anyone.  I can't imagine anyone will think poorly of the bucs on Brown (unless they think poorly on them for rostering Brown to begin with)

Didn't he also put on social media that he left because he's "Super Gremlin"?

That would sort of hurt his subsequent injury claim.  unless Super Gremlin is known for having an injury that keeps him from being able to play football.  I don't know alot about Super Gremlin

8 hours ago, cavern said:

Didn't he also put on social media that he left because he's "Super Gremlin"?

That would sort of hurt his subsequent injury claim.  unless Super Gremlin is known for having an injury that keeps him from being able to play football.  I don't know alot about Super Gremlin

Maybe he ate something after midnight. :dunno:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

I believe AB like i believe OJ.

Both have strong alibis.

Sounds like he shouldn't have been playing at all on Sunday, if it was that bad.

So I think his stats from Sunday should be disallowed.

• Haha 1

When did these "tough" football players become so fragile?  Coach yelled at me and wanted me to play through pain - I quit.  I think someone like Parcells or Lombardi would have literally made AB cry like the baby he is.

Crybaby was mad because they weren't playing him and then when his name was called he pouted like a baby....if he was hurt he shouldn't have suited up ...he'll be broke soon ...,probably see him getting knocked out on some celebrity boxing show or whatever....hope I never hear his name again 

So. There are a lot of active arrest warranties.

Brown is simply a former player, doesn’t relate to ff today.  

• Sad 1

I have to wonder if the guy is having some CTE-related factors influencing him. 

Taking bets what year he files for bankruptcy 

2023 50-1

2024 25-1

2025 12-1

2026 4-1

Beyond - even