Utilit99

Antonio Brown had a very good explanation for his leaving the game.

You can have mental issues and be an a-hole. 

13 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yes we have noticed 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bill E. said:

I really believe that that hit he took from Bar Fight years ago knocked something loose.  He not a problem before that and was unhinged after that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8iFSP_S5h8

He's had issues for a long time before that.  He lost a D-I scholarship due to his behavioral issues and had to walk on to get on a college football team. 

9 hours ago, Strike said:

He's had issues for a long time before that.  He lost a D-I scholarship due to his behavioral issues and had to walk on to get on a college football team. 

Preach.  It's the money.  Not the hits.

Money doesn't change you.  It just makes you more of who you already are.  

17 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Sad part about AB is he still has all the skills and talent. What a waste nutcase and could have been one of the best of all time. As for Brady and Rodgers, Rodgers has more skills and Brady is one dimensional. Brady is the best at being one dimensional though!

Rodgers is like Maverick.  There's real genius to his play.  An effortless elegance.  

Brady is like Iceman.  That's how he plays, ice cold, no mistakes. He wears you down, you get bored, frustrated, do something stupid and he's got you.

No one cheers for Iceman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People on Bradshaws case about saying he should be straightjacketed and committed...lol..him and michael strahan laughing..

But..but..mental health is serious..

19 hours ago, nospk said:

Yes we have noticed 

Winnah! :first:  

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Can't believe he hasn't signed with the Cowboys yet.  

AFAIK he hasn't been released by TB yet so it would be kind of hard for him to sign with anyone at this point.

Hall of Famer Terrell Owens ‘absolutely’ wants to replace Antonio Brown and join the Buccaneers

https://sports.yahoo.com/hall-of-famer-terrell-owens-absolutely-wants-to-replace-antonio-brown-and-join-the-buccaneers-025602525.html

What do you know. the biggest a hole receiver of all time chimes in.

I’m not going to clown Brown for what happened because he pretty clearly needs some mental health help. However I do think it’s a little funny those of you that are choosing to clown him for having some obvious mental issues yet I will guarantee that you turn your own little boy loose playing football right now. 

Like these things just didn’t happen when he got to Pittsburgh much less Tampa.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Strike said:

AFAIK he hasn't been released by TB yet so it would be kind of hard for him to sign with anyone at this point.

:doh: I actually read exactly that this morning and completely forgot it.  

1 hour ago, cyclone24 said:

I’m not going to clown Brown for what happened because he pretty clearly needs some mental health help. However I do think it’s a little funny those of you that are choosing to clown him for having some obvious mental issues yet I will guarantee that you turn your own little boy loose playing football right now. 

Like these things just didn’t happen when he got to Pittsburgh much less Tampa.

Great post.  You are right, basketball players have never acted like idiots.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Great post.  You are right, basketball players have never acted like idiots.  

Kind of a bizarre false equivalency argument. Athletes all over act like idiots. Brown is already an idiot and now he’s doing things that are clearly mentally unstable. Which again if he needs help he should get it. But clowning a guy in a sport known for head issues and CTE which basketball doesn’t have an turning around and letting your own little boy play is pretty hypocritical

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Kind of a bizarre false equivalency argument. Athletes all over act like idiots. Brown is already an idiot and now he’s doing things that are clearly mentally unstable. Which again if he needs help he should get it. But clowning a guy in a sport known for head issues and CTE which basketball doesn’t have an turning around and letting your own little boy play is pretty hypocritical

So no basketball players are ever acting mentally unstable?

Where did they get it from?

Why couldn't Brown have gotten it the same place they have?

Steve Young certainly has CTE.  Why does he seem to act like a mature adult? 

• Like 1

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

So no basketball players are ever acting mentally unstable?

Where did they get it from?

Why couldn't Brown have gotten it the same place they have?

Steve Young certainly has CTE.  Why is he seem to act like a mature adult? 

Of course they could act mentally unstable. But they are not acting mentally unstable from a consequence of their sport like Brown is. 

I mean I don’t think I’m speaking out of school when I say football head injuries are extraordinarily prevalent in the more we learn the more we are learning how bad it is for these guys later in life. So to get after him about it but then let your own kids play is pretty funny

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

False equivalency?  You just made up that he has CTE.  You made up that everyone is clowning AB.  And you made up that everyone that is clowning AB also have kids that play football and somehow think letting someone play football means you can't roast AB for being a dìck.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

Of course they could act mentally unstable. But they are not acting mentally unstable from a consequence of their sport like Brown is. 

This is where we differ.   You assume he acts like a fool because of CTE.  I don't know that is just an assumption.  Did you know him as a child? Some people are selfish immature pricks from childhood.  Some grow up.  Some never do.

Steve Young I guarantee has had more head trauma than Brown.  Why can he speak well on TV and act like a normal human being?

8 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

This is where we differ.   You assume he acts like a fool because of CTE.  I don't know that is just an assumption.  Did you know him as a child? Some people are selfish immature pricks from childhood.  Some grow up.  Some never do.

Steve Young I guarantee has had more head trauma than Brown.  Why can he speak well on TV and act like a normal human being?

So dismiss Brown’s actions because we don’t know him but then absolutely in your words guarantee Young has head issues. OK got it

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

So dismiss Brown’s actions because we don’t know him but then absolutely in your words guarantee Young has head issues. OK got it

He didn't say Steve Young has head issues.  He said he had more head trauma, as in being hit in the head.  And that's almost definitely true.  In the list of positions that get hit in the head the most, QB >>>>> WR by a large margin, especially when comparing the era Steve Young played in compared to Antonio Brown.

5 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

No

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

He didn't say Steve Young has head issues.  He said he had more head trauma, as in being hit in the head.  And that's almost definitely true.  In the list of positions that get hit in the head the most, QB >>>>> WR by a large margin, especially when comparing the era Steve Young played in compared to Antonio Brown.

This is going down a bizarre road. How many head shots has Tom Brady taken? You’re trying to make an argument by comparing different positions to somehow say they are the same as if CTE and the sport dont cause issues we see in Brown. 

I mean he clearly has issues whether he had them before or not football has certainly exacerbated them. My bigger point was if you’re going to pile on someone with mental health issues that’s been negatively affected by a prolonged football career but then you turn around and let your kids play that same sport getting whacked in the head I’m not really sure you have much of a leg to stand on

• Confused 2

Just now, cyclone24 said:

This is going down a bizarre road. How many head shots has Tom Brady taken? You’re trying to make an argument by comparing different positions to somehow say they are the same as if CTE and the sport dont cause issues we see in Brown. 

I mean he clearly has issues whether he had them before or not football has certainly exacerbated them. My bigger point was if you’re going to pile on someone with mental health issues that’s been negatively affected by a prolonged football career but then you turn around and let your kids play that same sport getting whacked in the head I’m not really sure you have much of a leg to stand on

I don't have kids.  I'd still let them play though.  It's not nearly as bad as you say, especially at the lower levels of football.  And CTE research is in it's infancy.  The worst part is they don't do any research on "normal" brains for comparison purposes.  There's someone who used to post on this forum, PFB IIRC, who posted extensively on this issue.  But you keep making unfounded CTE diagnoses to excuse bad behavior. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

I don't have kids.  I'd still let them play though.  It's not nearly as bad as you say, especially at the lower levels of football.  And CTE research is in it's infancy.  The worst part is they don't do any research on "normal" brains for comparison purposes.  There's someone who used to post on this forum, PFB IIRC, who posted extensively on this issue.  But you keep making unfounded CTE diagnoses to excuse bad behavior. 

Lol… it’s not as bad as they say? Yeah it’s in its infancy and look what they are finding from these guys already. No shiite Sherlock it’s not bad at lower levels. They are not hitting hard enough yet. But year after year after year those things start piling up. People act like these guys get CTE once they get to the NFL.

No problem. You keep calling it bad behavior and somehow not acknowledge that the guy has some pretty obvious mental health issues. But yeah it’s just bad behavior. OK. 

9 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

You keep saying this.  I would say the opposite.  If you're saying you're non-fact based assertion that Brown is definitely an asshōle because of CTE caused by his football career is true.  Why would saying CTE is not an excuse for being a jerk mean you can't let kids play football.  If anything, I'd say the opposite is true.  If you think CTE is definitely causing his behavior, that would be a reason not to have your kid play.

In reality, you don't know he has CTE.  And the two are mutually exclusive anyway.

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

You keep saying this.  I would say the opposite.  If you're saying you're non-fact based assertion that Brown is definitely an asshōle because of CTE caused by his football career is true.  Why would saying CTE is not an excuse for being a jerk mean you can't let kids play football.  If anything, I'd say the opposite is true.  If you think CTE is definitely causing his behavior, that would be a reason not to have your kid play.

In reality, you don't know he has CTE.  And the two are mutually exclusive anyway.

That’s exactly what I’m saying. The same people piling on him for what appears to anyone with any common sense has some mental health issues definitely helped by football… Are the same people trotting little Johnny out to play getting his head beat in at an early age much like Brown I’m sure did and have no issue with it.

I mean if the argument is that we can’t prove he has CTE. OK fine no we can’t prove that right this second until he blows his brains out. But at the very very minimum of an argument you have to acknowledge that whatever obvious mental health issues he has football certainly has made it worse. I don’t feel like that’s a huge branch to go out on.

38 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yea but someone can take 100 hits and someone else is hit once the wrong way and that's it.

14 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

I played football for a couple years.  I can blame every poor decision I have made on that.  Good to know!

Whew…I was worried you were missing the point. But nope…you had it. Whew

31 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

Yea but someone can take 100 hits and someone else is hit once the wrong way and that's it.

I agree.

But why is everyone trying to avoid the very real possibility that Brown has been a doofus his whole life? 

Do we not know people in our lives who are selfish azzholes that do not partake in collision sports?  Yes we do and they didn't grow up in Dade County.  Have gold teeth mean mugging in football headshot at Central Michigan and listen to gremlin music.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

I agree.

But why is everyone trying to avoid the very real possibility that Brown has been a doofus his whole life? 

Do we not know people in our lives who are selfish azzholes that do not partake in collusion sports?  Yes we do and they didn't grow up in Dade County.  Have gold teeth mean mugging in football headshot at Central Michigan and listen to gremlin music.  

Exactly this...I'd be really surprised to find out AB had no prior history of being an emotional idiot.

Just now, Gladiators said:

Exactly this...I'd be really surprised to find out AB had no prior history of being an emotional idiot.

AB did not live with his family in HS because he couldn't get along with them.  He lost a D-1 scholarship due to his behavioral issues.  But yeah, it's CTE that is the cause of his issues.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I agree.

Do we not know people in our lives who are selfish azzholes that do not partake in collusion sports?  Yes we do and they didn't grow up in Dade County.  Have gold teeth mean mugging in football headshot at Central Michigan and listen to gremlin music.  

It could be that he was always an azzhole.  I just remember that he seemed ok for years when he started as a Steeler.  Then something drastic seemed to change.  Either way he could have made a real difference for the Steelers and I am sad for all us Steeler fans.

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Steve Young certainly has CTE.  Why does he seem to act like a mature adult? 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

This is terrible logic.  Steve Young's specific situation has nothing to do AB's specific situation.  

On 1/4/2022 at 9:54 AM, Hardcore troubadour said:

so many repiles, so little time.  :(

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

This is terrible logic.  Steve Young's specific situation has nothing to do AB's specific situation.  

Youre right.   Yet you guys diagnose ABs situation with no real insight.   

Take the Steve Young thing out.  Point is how many players have CTE? How many have taken too many hits in the history of the league.  Ok a lot?

Now tell me how many have taken their pads and shirts off.  Done jumping jacks in the endzone and ran away from the team? 

I am not saying it definitely isn't  a CTE problem.  But what we know for sure is AB has been doing jackazz things his whole life. We do know that.  That is thr only piece of the puzzle we do know.

Connect the dots.

If he has CTE then why does he have an agent that keeps getting him more work playing football? The clowning of this clown is completely warranted. Because he’s a clown. 

• Like 1