2 hours ago, posty said:

Redskins

Second. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, rotisserieking said:

Sounds more like a Canadian or Arena football team name

What is wrong with that?

Re-skins.

But seriously, all they had to do was change the logo to a potato and they could have kept the name.

If they wanted to make the name to reflect the city, they should be called the Washington Corrupt Politicians.

12 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If they wanted to make the name to reflect the city, they should be called the Washington Corrupt Politicians.

Or the Swamp...

The Redskins primary logo used today was first designed in 1971 in close consultation with Native American leaders. Among those who unanimously approved & voiced praise for the logo was Walter “Blackie” Wetzel, a former President of the National Congress of American Indians & Chairman of the Blackfeet Nation. 

Years earlier, Mr. Wetzel had been deeply involved with U.S. President John F. Kennedy in the movement for civil liberties, civil rights, & economic freedom for all. In 2014, Mr. Wetzel’s son Don commented, “It needs to be said that an Indian from the State of Montana created the Redskins logo, & did it the right way. It represents the Red Nation, & it’s something to be proud of.”

38 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

The Redskins primary logo used today was first designed in 1971 in close consultation with Native American leaders. Among those who unanimously approved & voiced praise for the logo was Walter “Blackie” Wetzel, a former President of the National Congress of American Indians & Chairman of the Blackfeet Nation. 

Years earlier, Mr. Wetzel had been deeply involved with U.S. President John F. Kennedy in the movement for civil liberties, civil rights, & economic freedom for all. In 2014, Mr. Wetzel’s son Don commented, “It needs to be said that an Indian from the State of Montana created the Redskins logo, & did it the right way. It represents the Red Nation, & it’s something to be proud of.”

There are probly other things we were proud of in the 70s that are an embarrassment 50 years later.

Republicans, for instance.

I like sports
So there are some things I force myself to miss
Like I never met an athlete I like, and hockey in Texas
But when it comes to Native American nicknamed teams
Even within the context of sports it's awful and mean

And you'll go
"Wah wah wah, you're so PC"
And I will say "Hey Wait"
My, my, my, how have the tables turned
That being a forking prikk is a desirable trait

And while we're on the subject of changing team names
There's no jazz in Utah and few lakes in LA
Just this once, give me the benefit of the doubt
The Bullets became the Wizards, too violent? Get out!

And you'll go
"Wah wah wah, you're so PC"
And I will say "Hey Wait"
Remind me again how it came to be
That being a stupid American is a desirable trait

Wouldn't it be offensive if we cheered:
"Rah rah rah" for the Carolina Negroes
With a beatbox cheer and a fake foam afro?
Or if the Minnesota Vikes became the New York Kikes
With dollar bills on their helmets cause that's what they're like
You know?

"Atom, what about the Saints, Angels, Padres too?
Ain't that the same thing for Christians that's offending you?"

When there's a Jesus Christ mascot with a hot dog shooting crucifix
They nail to a cross, dying to save the team
You'll be right, you'll be right
But until then
You're. Not. Right

So what's your take on the Washington Redskins?
What's your take on the Cleveland Indians?
What's your take on the Washington Redskins?
What's your take on the Cleveland Indians?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

There are probly other things we were proud of in the 70s that are an embarrassment 50 years later.

Republicans, for instance.

Is the implication then that we are currently proud of democrats?

14 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Most of the time.

If you say so. Don’t think that’s how the situation is viewed by most.  Approval ratings are historically bad for both parties. But your Partisanship is duly noted…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

If you say so. Don’t think that’s how the situation is viewed by most.  Approval ratings are historically bad for both parties. But your Partisanship is duly noted…

AxeElf adds politics to subjects they knows nothing about…

3 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Reveal date 2/2/22...  Hmmm...

I see one of the possible new names is "Presidents"; President's Day is in February, so-named for 2 Presidents--but it's not until 2/21/22.  Maybe they didn't want to wait that long...

2/2/22 is also Groundhog Day.  Ground Hog Day.  "Red Hogs" is another of the possible new names...

16 hours ago, jrokh said:

Ignorance is bliss for some.  His ignorance is funny because he says...

"There are probly other things we were proud of in the 70s that are an embarrassment 50 years later.

Republicans, for instance."

He says that in a response about the logo of the then Washington Redskins in 1971.  It's funny because the owner of the Redskins at the time was Edward Bennett Williams... a DEMOCRAT.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

Let's keep the politics out of this :mad:

Hard to... the name is being changed for political reasons after all.  If it were another team for other reasons, this wouldn't be an issue really.  For example, maybe the Cincinnati Bengals wanted to change their name.  Easy to keep politics out of that because it wouldn't be because of politics.

When we were kids every sport and league I played in had a team called the Midgets, which is now politically incorrect. But the antithesis of midget is a giant. So are the extremely tall people out there not outraged by the New York Football Giants? Should they not be forced to change their name too? 😁

On 1/4/2022 at 6:45 AM, posty said:

Redskins

Third

• Like 1

Rioters?

Can’t argue with the above, Republicans have had a pretty bad 4-6 years which peaked in embarrassment level early last year.

I like this option 

15 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Republicans have had a pretty bad 4-6 years which peaked in embarrassment level early last year.

As opposed to the Democrats who are embarrassing daily? Another partisan poking his head out of the pond. At least you are a Giants fan, so at least you have that going for you…

The problem with "Caucasians" is that most of them aren't.

INSURRECTIONISTS

Meh, nobody would be able to spell it.

Still think the RED HOGS on Ground Hog Day makes the most sense.

51 minutes ago, jrokh said:

As opposed to the Democrats who are embarrassing daily? Another partisan poking his head out of the pond. At least you are a Giants fan, so at least you have that going for you…

Dems have had a pretty rough go of it, just look at the candidates they put forth for the presidency. The son getting paid millions for "consulting" to Chinese companies seems to have magically disappeared as an issue worth investigating. Dems just pretend it didn't happen or go with deflection/Trump bashing. 

Come to the dark side jrokh....leave the elephants and jackasses behind and join the independents

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Dems have had a pretty rough go of it, just look at the candidates they put forth for the presidency. The son getting paid millions for "consulting" to Chinese companies seems to have magically disappeared as an issue worth investigating. Dems just pretend it didn't happen or go with deflection/Trump bashing. 

Come to the dark side jrokh....leave the elephants and jackasses behind and join the independents

I have been and always will be an independent. I am already there.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Can’t argue with the above, Republicans have had a pretty bad 4-6 years which peaked in embarrassment level early last year.

I like this option 

The funny thing is that the only people who'd be offended by that would be liberals.  Also, what's funny, is that about 5 to 10 years ago, the Washington Post, of all news outlets - did a poll and found that 90% of Native American's were offended by the name "Redskins" or by the logo.  Coincidentally, the only people who were offended by that, were white liberals.  Who'd a thunk it?

this name indicates that some people are in command while others are subservient.  i'm offended 

43 minutes ago, posty said:

LET'S GO COMMIES!!!