MLCKAA

Restricting Voter Access

Hoping to get legit discussion on this.

What exactly is the progressive argument that Republican policies suppress voting rights.  I’ve heard it said many, many times but I never really hear anyone explain the supposed mechanics of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

What exactly is the progressive argument that Republican policies suppress voting rights.  I’ve heard it said many, many times but I never really hear anyone explain the supposed mechanics of it.

nobody ever has an answer, but ID's are raciss, yet they want you to have one to eat

19 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Playing the RACE CARD full on high!

They're focking evil focking creatures in all they do.

23 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

You will have to get your answer from the lefties on the board.

I have no idea what they are talking about but I know the ultimate goal is to allow non citizens to vote.

7 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

You will have to get your answer from the lefties on the board.

I have no idea what they are talking about but I know the ultimate goal is to allow non citizens to vote.

Yeah, I just read thru an article about this on the ACLU website and the examples were specious, at best.  None of the arguments were compelling to me.

35 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

I guess it’s possible. There are a lot of websites out there. Good luck. 

10 minutes ago, frank said:

I guess it’s possible. There are a lot of websites out there. Good luck. 

:thumbsup:

50 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Yeah, I posted something about this in another thread asking about a comment from some liberal congressman saying if the democrats lose the house, voting as we know it will never be the same again.

Biggest change I ever saw in my life around the voting rules was the last two years where the libs wanted mail in balloting for all. That was never the case before other than absentee ballots. Then they wanted no IDs. 

The left doesn't even hide their lies anymore. They just say them but not in person to people who will call them out and simply expose them. Liberals just say things that they want and say those things were already in place and that the republicans want to remove them from the public. 

Liberals are so stupid and their voters are even dumber.   

• Thanks 1

They want to be able to expand this.  New allegations including surveillance footage at drop boxes and cell phone data.

11 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

They want to be able to expand this.  New allegations including surveillance footage at drop boxes and cell phone data.

Drop boxes are bullshlt. If you can go outside, you can go vote in person. 

Liberals just want more ways to cheat. 

How did all these people without ID get their stimulus check? How do they access Obamacare? 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

How did all these people without ID get their stimulus check? How do they access Obamacare? 

These poor folks will be focked if the govt ever issues reparations.  DAMN YOU SYSTEMIC RACISM!!!! :mad:

Essentially if you don’t allow people to go to voters houses bring them a ballot, and physically help them fill it out then you are suppressing the vote according to Democrats

50 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Drop boxes are bullshlt. If you can go outside, you can go vote in person. 

Liberals just want more ways to cheat. 

I’m not sure that drop boxes couldn’t be approved somehow or another, but security seems like a big concern.

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Never give up. :D 

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah, I posted something about this in another thread asking about a comment from some liberal congressman saying if the democrats lose the house, voting as we know it will never be the same again.

Biggest change I ever saw in my life around the voting rules was the last two years where the libs wanted mail in balloting for all. That was never the case before other than absentee ballots. Then they wanted no IDs. 

The left doesn't even hide their lies anymore. They just say them but not in person to people who will call them out and simply expose them. Liberals just say things that they want and say those things were already in place and that the republicans want to remove them from the public. 

Liberals are so stupid and their voters are even dumber.   

Idiots such as yourself shouldn't get to vote.

• Like 1

The excuse I always see is “if the government is requiring them to vote which is a constitutional right then the government should be the ones to pay for the IDs”. Yet those ppl that supposedly “can’t afford a $30 ID” will have brand new iPhones, TVs, packs of cigs, etc. The ppl that claim this is racist, cause of course only black ppl are poor, are the same ones requiring photo ID to eat at a restaurant. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

No I'm not, you are. 

Did I do that right? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Good point. If you want to fock up a liberals day tell them that if Vax passports are OK then voter Id laws are on the table

9 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

The excuse I always see is “if the government is requiring them to vote which is a constitutional right then the government should be the ones to pay for the IDs”. Yet those ppl that supposedly “can’t afford a $30 ID” will have brand new iPhones, TVs, packs of cigs, etc. The ppl that claim this is racist, cause of course only black ppl are poor, are the same ones requiring photo ID to eat at a restaurant. 

You forgot to mention that those "poor folks" are buying those luxury items while the taxpayers support their worthless asses. 

• Thanks 2

The fact that an ID from a state college is not acceptable for voting, while a concealed carry gun permit is (in Texas and Tennessee) tells you ALL you need to know about the true purpose of the voter ID laws. Interestingly enough, ID requirements are actually supported by many Democrats if there is a fair standard for them.

If you really want to get into the weeds on the discriminatory effects of some voter ID laws, you can read this study by political scientists from 4 universities.

https://hannahlwalker.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/barreto-et-al-2018.pdf

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Yet you still get to own kats :mad:

Those fuking racists in Texas...they even let you use the following if you don't have an ID. But I guess requiring someone to articulate a reason for not being able to obtain an ID is raciss, too.

• copy or original of a government document that shows the voter’s name and an address, including the voter’s voter registration certificate;
  • copy of or original current utility bill;
  • copy of or original bank statement;
  • copy of or original government check;
  • copy of or original paycheck; or 
  • copy of or original of (a) a certified domestic (from a U.S. state or territory) birth certificate or (b) a document confirming birth admissible in a court of law which establishes the voter’s identity (which may include a foreign birth document).

3 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Those fuking racists in Texas...they even let you use the following if you don't have an ID. But I guess requiring someone to articulate a reason for not being able to obtain an ID is raciss, too.

• copy or original of a government document that shows the voter’s name and an address, including the voter’s voter registration certificate;
  • copy of or original current utility bill;
  • copy of or original bank statement;
  • copy of or original government check;
  • copy of or original paycheck; or 
  • copy of or original of (a) a certified domestic (from a U.S. state or territory) birth certificate or (b) a document confirming birth admissible in a court of law which establishes the voter’s identity (which may include a foreign birth document).

It's raciss to expect BIPOC folks to pay utility bills or have proof of existing. :nono:

43 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

Yet you still get to own kats :mad:

And they all get to vote!

:banana:

4 hours ago, dogcows said:

The fact that an ID from a state college is not acceptable for voting, while a concealed carry gun permit is (in Texas and Tennessee) tells you ALL you need to know about the true purpose of the voter ID laws. Interestingly enough, ID requirements are actually supported by many Democrats if there is a fair standard for them.

If you really want to get into the weeds on the discriminatory effects of some voter ID laws, you can read this study by political scientists from 4 universities.

do you know why??

in order to get a conceal carry which is a govt document you had to have provided govt ID.  Its another form of govt ID

I never had to show my driver's license in the school cafeteria to get a laminated picture with my name on it

• Like 1

School ID being enough for a vote. Do you know how many schools are in each state? So an illegal can go sign up for a pottery class and get a school ID then have the right to vote. :lol:

Now I've heard it all.  

I get their point.   People have to pick one day in two weeks of early voting to drive their cars a mile or two to vote.  It can take up to an hour or two out of your life.  And if you forget your ID you would have to drive back home to get it if these restrictive State laws are allowed to stand.  Federal Laws need to be passed to allow people to vote by mail everywhere.    Even if we know in our minds election fraud could or does happen if we can not point to specific instances of it we should not try to stop it ahead of time. 

• Like 2

Huh! 4 universities? Well that settles it then! Black people are being denied the right to vote! We have to fix this or we’ll never have any black representation in government. Eye roll. 

• Thanks 1

I wonder how all the poor white people in the US get driver's licenses? How do they get to the DMV? How do they get to the polls to vote? 

Crazy how they can figure out those incredibly difficult obstacles put in their way, yet black people can't. Crazy.

• Thanks 1

You need ID if you want to get takeout Alcohol almost anywhere, no ID no alcohol for you, no ID no vote! The way it should be and if your are such a loser without ID  you probably have no clue who you want to vote for anyhow.

81 million votes for Biden. 74 million for Trump. Yet we have an issue with people being allowed to vote. GTFO. This is all about letting the millions of illegals they are letting in vote. If they were voting Republican they wouldn’t even get in. The replacement is underway, and it’s not some conspiracy theory. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Dogs tried at least and failed to answer. Other than that as you can see, even the centrists have no idea what is racist or suppressed.  

Dems clearly just want to muddy the waters.  

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Huh! 4 universities? Well that settles it then! Black people are being denied the right to vote! We have to fix this or we’ll never have any black representation in government. Eye roll. 

Blacks see less opportunity and generational poverty out one side of mouth.  Dogs wants a college ID to be accepted on other side of mouth to help black vote.  

Make it make sense.  

Each person who votes should have to answer a 10 question quiz about the policies and the person they are voting for. If they don't get 7 out of 10 right. NO VOTE FOR YOU!

6 hours ago, Bill E. said:

I get their point.   People have to pick one day in two weeks of early voting to drive their cars a mile or two to vote.  It can take up to an hour or two out of your life.  And if you forget your ID you would have to drive back home to get it if these restrictive State laws are allowed to stand.  Federal Laws need to be passed to allow people to vote by mail everywhere.    Even if we know in our minds election fraud could or does happen if we can not point to specific instances of it we should not try to stop it ahead of time. 

The irony in your statement is you would be driving illegally. The government can mandate a mask to enter a 7-11, but not ID to vote. There is no real point to get, IMO. They are just scared. As usual. 

11 hours ago, dogcows said:

Yeah....nobody ever used a fake college id before. And there are so many other places that consider a school id as valid documentation for their purposes.....

IF the integrity of the vote is SO important....the means to identify the voters should have integrity. 

This is the huuuuge problem the leftists are concentrating on. I wonder where Dogcows ranks this on his priorities? 

16 hours ago, dogcows said:

Boy shut the fock up :lol: 

5 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

The irony in your statement is you would be driving illegally. The government can mandate a mask to enter a 7-11, but not ID to vote. There is no real point to get, IMO. They are just scared. As usual. 

I get pissed when someone says there is no proof it occurred.

First once the ballot is entered illegally there is no way to pull it out of the system or prove what was done.  So if I steal my wife's mail in ballot and mail it in illegally how is anyone ever going to prove anything except that her ballot was turned in?  She could in theory say I stole it and turned it in but who could ever prove that? 

Second even if there is no proof something will happen if you can conceive of it happening you should work to prevent it.  Do not make laws that make it easier because you have no proof of it happening in the past.  And I do not care what race you are everyone has a government ID of some kind.