MLCKAA

Restricting Voter Access

24 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

And I do not care what race you are everyone has a government ID of some kind. 

You are 100% right, but the left has sold the fairy tale that black people are so disenfranchised from this country that they don't have ID.  Specifically black people, not Asians or Latinos.  And their own people have bought it because they look upon black people as essentially childlike creatures.  Which is an incredibly racist and disgusting thing. 

• Thanks 2

This isnt a big issue for me, I do want everyone eligible to be able to vote. There have been poles and surveys whatever that state that about 11% of people do not have an ID. Get them an ID, and require it. Know this though, you will complain anyway, no matter how many times you lose an election or a judge rules against your baseless lawsuit. 

14 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

This isnt a big issue for me, I do want everyone eligible to be able to vote. There have been poles and surveys whatever that state that about 11% of people do not have an ID. Get them an ID, and require it. Know this though, you will complain anyway, no matter how many times you lose an election or a judge rules against your baseless lawsuit. 

Now do the 2000 and 2016 elections!

19 hours ago, dogcows said:

The fact that an ID from a state college is not acceptable for voting, while a concealed carry gun permit is (in Texas and Tennessee) tells you ALL you need to know about the true purpose of the voter ID laws. Interestingly enough, ID requirements are actually supported by many Democrats if there is a fair standard for them.

If you really want to get into the weeds on the discriminatory effects of some voter ID laws, you can read this study by political scientists from 4 universities.

https://hannahlwalker.files.wordpress.com/2018/11/barreto-et-al-2018.pdf

True or false... People have the "right" to own firearms, which you need a "valid ID" to get.  People don't have the "right" to get a college ID and even if they do get one, a "valid ID" isn't required to get it in the first place.

14 hours ago, Bill E. said:

I get their point.   People have to pick one day in two weeks of early voting to drive their cars a mile or two to vote.  It can take up to an hour or two out of your life.  And if you forget your ID you would have to drive back home to get it if these restrictive State laws are allowed to stand.  Federal Laws need to be passed to allow people to vote by mail everywhere.    Even if we know in our minds election fraud could or does happen if we can not point to specific instances of it we should not try to stop it ahead of time. 

There's nothing wrong with voting by mail if you request to have the ballot sent to you.  I'm not in favor of ballots just being mailed to a house based on the registration logs.  Those aren't always up to date.  I know many people who received ballots from the prior home owner as well as deceased members of their family.  If you don't want to take the time to go vote, then call town hall and request a ballot be mailed to you.  It's not that hard.

I go to college, but I can’t seem to figure out how to get a government ID. I’m smart, not like everyone says. 

10 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There's nothing wrong with voting by mail if you request to have the ballot sent to you.  I'm not in favor of ballots just being mailed to a house based on the registration logs.  Those aren't always up to date.  I know many people who received ballots from the prior home owner as well as deceased members of their family.  If you don't want to take the time to go vote, then call town hall and request a ballot be mailed to you.  It's not that hard.

2 of us living in our place and we received 4 ballots. Two of them were for people we didn't know in the least but they had our same address. Gee, I'm really sure that out of, how many people received ballots in the mail, that we were the only ones this happened to. :rolleyes: 

The left has no valid arguments for no IDs. Even those who push it know it. The only people who don't, are liberal voters it seems.

Anyone read that b.s. that @dogcows posted?

Here's one of their statements... 

"In both nationally representative datasets,  Whites were significantly more likely to possess a valid ID than were all other racial groups. In all datasets but  Texas, Blacks were statistically less likely to possess an ID than were Whites.  The same  was  true for  Latinos in all  datasets  but Pennsylvania.  In the combined dataset, about 81% of Blacks possessed a valid ID, compared with 91% of  Whites, 82% of Latinos, 85% of  Asians, and 86% of those who identify some other way."

Based on the US Census Bureau numbers... population based on race (using the races of the above excerpt), and their number of total people of 331,893,745 people:

• White: 60.1% - 199.5M
  • Black: 13.4% - 44.5M
  • Latinos: 18.5% - 61.5M
  • Asians: 5.9%: - 19.6M
  • Other: 2.1% - 7M

Now, this study says that 19% of Black people don't have a valid ID, 9% white, 18% of Latino's, 15% of Asians, and 14% of others.  So, in numbers that means...

• White: 9% of 199.5M = 18M
  • Black: 19% of 44.5M = 8.5M
  • Latinos: 18% of 61.5M = 11M
  • Asians: 15% of 19.6M = 3M
  • Other: 14% of 7M = 1M

Looks to me that there are twice as many white people and more Latinos than Black people to not have a valid ID.

10 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Dogs tried at least and failed to answer. Other than that as you can see, even the centrists have no idea what is racist or suppressed.  

Dems clearly just want to muddy the waters.  

I didn’t fail to answer. It just that people want a soundbite instead of reading through some research and really giving it some thought.

I am fine with voter ID personally, but not when it’s clearly setup in a way to make it easier for some groups to get IDs than others. Some states’ voter ID laws clearly try to be fair to everybody. Others’ laws leave much to be desired. I think we should have a national standard.

Imagine a state that required a bus pass as ID; rural voters would be out of luck, but city voters would be fine. And then Republicans would be the ones upset at a voter ID law.

All that said, after the lawsuits, Texas had to tone down their law quite a bit in 2017, so it’s not as bad as it was. Because the courts softened that law (and other similar laws), voter ID is now less of a problem. But let’s be honest about the real reasons some states created such laws right after the SCOTUS invalidated the pre-clearance rules of the Voting Rights Act: to depress minority turnout.

Just now, dogcows said:

I am fine with voter ID personally, but not when it’s clearly setup in a way to make it easier for some groups to get IDs than others. Some states’ voter ID laws clearly try to be fair to everybody. Others’ laws leave much to be desired. I think we should have a national standard.

You mean like how there are twice as many white people in the country without a valid ID than black people?

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You mean like how there are twice as many white people in the country without a valid ID than black people?

There are more than 5 white people for every black person in America. It’s about percentages. But if 9% of white people don’t have IDs for voting, that’s even more reason not to have unnecessarily strict ID requirements. We want everybody to vote, regardless of skin color, right?

I think electrician day should be a national holiday, voting should be mandatory with a “none of the above” option, and people should be able to vote online. :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

There are more than 5 white people for every black person in America. It’s about percentages. But if 9% of white people don’t have IDs for voting, that’s even more reason not to have unnecessarily strict ID requirements. We want everybody to vote, regardless of skin color, right?

So why it is presented as a racial inequity then? You people suck ballz. You’re either ok with continually pitting the people in this country against each other in the pursuit of power or too Fockin stupid to see it. Either way, you and your kind suck and are making this a worse place to live. 

I didn’t fail to answer. It just that people want a soundbite instead of reading through some research and really giving it some thought.

Imagine a state that required a bus pass as ID; rural voters would be out of luck, but city voters would be fine. And then Republicans would be the ones upset at a voter ID law.

All that said, after the lawsuits, Texas had to tone down their law quite a bit in 2017, so it’s not as bad as it was. Because the courts softened that law (and other similar laws), voter ID is now less of a problem. But let’s be honest about the real reasons some states created such laws right after the SCOTUS invalidated the pre-clearance rules of the Voting Rights Act: to depress minority turnout.

I am just spitballing here and it has not much to do with IDs.

But how much "help" do rural areas get in terms of helping vote? In cities they are basically filling out the ballots for them.  Knocking on doors.  Is there same enthusiasm in rural areas of each state to basically do the work for them? How about an old rural person who has to drive miles to the nearest polling station?  Do they have some AOC character knocking on their door filling out their mail in ballot for them?

No, we don't. We want everybody with skin in the game to vote, regardless of skin color. 

If you aren't now, or have ever been, a productive member of society, you should not have a say in how the rest of us are governed. If you're nothing but a leach you get what we give you, period. 

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

You can't talk about % because that's racist.  You know, like when people like you say it's racist when we say that black people make up 51% of the murders.

Yes, I'd like for every LEGAL person to vote.  So, if they don't get a valid ID, which are cheaper than their cell phones and cell phone plans in order to vote, that's their fault.  I don't feel bad for them.

5 hours ago, dogcows said:

Poor white people don't whine and cry for free stuff like black people do. Fock off. Go get a state ID if you want to vote. Why is that so hard to understand?

And NO, I don't want everyone to vote in the least.

There are black people, who can't read or speak english. I don't want them voting. Same with other races.

I don't want career criminals voting. 

I don't want any person in the US who hasn't had a job and supported themselves for at least 5 years voting. 

I simply don't want uneducated or lazy idiots voting. 

And I absolutely don't want people who live off the government voting. 

If it is so focking difficult for a person to figure out how to get a state ID, then they don't qualify for casting a vote.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Herbivore said:

Liberals are so dumb. The liberals plan for if they get defeated to not concede.  :lol:

Hillary Clinton says Biden should not concede the election 'under any circumstances'

“Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances, because I think this is going to drag out,"

A lot of lefties have this notion that voting is somehow an inalienable, God-given right like "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", thus no ID should be required. They're in dire need of a basic civics lesson.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

A lot of lefties have this notion that voting is somehow an inalienable, God-given right like "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness", thus no ID should be required. They're in dire need of a basic civics lesson.

I think it's funny that voting is a constitutional right, just like owning a gun.  To own a gun, an ID is required.  Why shouldn't an ID be required to vote?

49 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think it's funny that voting is a constitutional right, just like owning a gun.  To own a gun, an ID is required.  Why shouldn't an ID be required to vote?

:thumbsup: The thing is, the US Constitution doesn't directly grant the right to vote. It simply grants the states a republican form of government, which is government by elected representatives. It is up to the states to determine how to implement that form of government, and determine their own voting laws and eligibility. So your right to vote really comes from your state constitution. Later amendments to the US Constitution prohibit the states from denying citizens the right to vote based on race, sex, and age 18+. So, you could argue that there's more of a Constitutional right to own a gun than to vote. 

1 hour ago, Thornton Melon said:

:thumbsup: The thing is, the US Constitution doesn't directly grant the right to vote. It simply grants the states a republican form of government, which is government by elected representatives. It is up to the states to determine how to implement that form of government, and determine their own voting laws and eligibility. So your right to vote really comes from your state constitution. Later amendments to the US Constitution prohibit the states from denying citizens the right to vote based on race, sex, and age 18+. So, you could argue that there's more of a Constitutional right to own a gun than to vote. 

There's a wrinkle I was unaware of.  Well done.

On 1/5/2022 at 8:03 AM, edjr said:

Each person who votes should have to answer a 10 question quiz about the policies and the person they are voting for. If they don't get 7 out of 10 right. NO VOTE FOR YOU!

It would be like the movie

Questions to Vote R.

What was the GNP last year?
What was national debt at the end of last month?

Questions to vote D

What is Joe Biden's Name?
What is the color of Joe's favorite blue suit?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/5/2022 at 5:10 PM, dogcows said:

fraudcows, I'd be more interested how you, as a supposed Western New Yorker from the Southtowns, call chicken wings "Buffalo Wings".

21 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

How does an amendment to the Constitution gives you less of a right to vote, than an AMENDMENT to the Constitution giving you the right to bear arms? 

13 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

How does an amendment to the Constitution gives you less of a right to vote, than an AMENDMENT to the Constitution giving you the right to bear arms? 

The voting amendments simply prohibit the states from discrimination in voting eligibility. The 2nd amendment directly grants people the right to bear arms.

22 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

2 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

The voting amendments simply prohibit the states from discrimination in voting eligibility. The 2nd amendment directly grants people the right to bear arms.

Your own words say that states can't deny people the "RIGHT" to vote. The 15th 19th and 26th amendments are part of the Constitution and they all affirm that voting is a right. 

It’s all made up and you’re an idiot if you believe the government is doing anything to restrict voting to people eligible to vote. 

7 hours ago, Casual Observer said:

fraudcows, I'd be more interested how you, as a supposed Western New Yorker from the Southtowns, call chicken wings "Buffalo Wings".

I've been away from my hometown too long. People outside of WNY wouldn’t understand if you just call them “wings” and they sure as hell don’t know what beef on weck is.

6 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Your own words say that states can't deny people the "RIGHT" to vote. The 15th 19th and 26th amendments are part of the Constitution and they all affirm that voting is a right. 

If I'm reading those amendments correctly, they're not saying that a citizen has a right to vote.  They're saying that when the states make their rules for who's eligible to vote, they can't use age, race, gender, or religion as the reasons to disqualify them from voting.  Those same things are in the constitution concerning employment... but people don't actually have a right to be employed.

16 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If I'm reading those amendments correctly, they're not saying that a citizen has a right to vote.  They're saying that when the states make their rules for who's eligible to vote, they can't use age, race, gender, or religion as the reasons to disqualify them from voting.  Those same things are in the constitution concerning employment... but people don't actually have a right to be employed.

Considering when the constitution was written I do believe this was the case. Not even all white men were granted the right to vote. 

16 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Exactly. My point was that voting is largely a state right, while the right to bear arms is explicitly established in the federal constitution

It’s made up to provide cover for the cheating they partake in. It’s that simple. Getting legit people ID is a lot easier to do than getting a partisan bill through congress. GTFO with his bullshit. 

On 1/7/2022 at 4:36 PM, dogcows said:

I've been away from my hometown too long. People outside of WNY wouldn’t understand if you just call them “wings” and they sure as hell don’t know what beef on weck is.

You explain to them what the local custom and terms are.

Could you imagine the Democrats fighting for NON-citizens to have the right to vote, and then they overwhelmingly vote Republican, and the Dems lose seats... what their reaction would be?  God, I'd really love to see that.

51 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Could you imagine the Democrats fighting for NON-citizens to have the right to vote, and then they overwhelmingly vote Republican, and the Dems lose seats... what their reaction would be?  God, I'd really love to see that.

Well, that is happening and will increase in the next decade.

The Democrats never look at the bigger picture, they are power-hungry and as such take actions that might deliver an immediate gratification but do not hearken to a longer term plan.

They gleefully rake in illegal immigrants from our southern neighbors and assume that these people will be Democrat voters, and they may be correct in the short term.  But this assumption lumps them in with African Americans.  This is a mistake. 

Hispanics are hard workers, who value education and overcoming.  They will acquire wealth.  When they do they will turn on the Democrats quickly. The Democrats are building the basis for the eventual elimination of their party. We will one day have a three-party system that includes Republicans and Libertarians will be the two main, with Democrats falling into a third spot.

Republicans will likely be dominated by those of European descent, Libertarians by Hispanics and then the Democrats will hold the majority of AA's, socialists, and self-hating whites.

They have to replace all the normal people that moved out of blue states. If they don’t, they will get less seats in congress. 

Why does Biden keep mentioning Jim Crow? That’s been gone for almost 60 years. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why does Biden keep mentioning Jim Crow? That’s been gone for almost 60 years. 

I surmise he does it for the same reason he lies about other such things, to invoke a passionate and emotional response and whip up the radicals.

5 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I surmise he does it for the same reason he lies about other such things, to invoke a passionate and emotional response and whip up the radicals.

Can you imagine complaining about one of your parties greatest success? He doesn’t like his successful crime bill either.