edjr

What is the best and worst current NFL team name

57 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

they were founded in Los Angeles and wear UCLA colors.

And now are second class bitches that don’t even have a stadium. You don’t need to tell me the history of the chargers 😂 

Don't care what the logo is, as long as it's indicative of something native to the region.  ie: Florida teams... Dolphins, Hurricanes, Buccaneers, Gators, Seminoles, Lightning, Panthers, Heat, Magic, etc. Makes sense. 

Always hated that my UCF named themselves the Knights.  What in god's name does a knight have to do with Florida?  Stupid.  Jacksonville Jaguars?  There isn't a jaguar in the entire damn state, never has been.

Buffalo Bills... named after western frontiersman Buffalo Bill.?.  I seriously doubt he ever stepped foot anywhere near Buffalo.  Dumb. 

Utah Jazz gets a pass because they were originally the New Orleans Jazz. Surprising they didn't change the name considering Utah is full of white freaky Mormons who wouldn't know Jazz from a hole in the ground.

3 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Utah Jazz 

I won't give them a pass on this, they should have changed it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Guy said:

I won't give them a pass on this, they should have changed it

Lakers too

• Like 1

There are Cardinals in Arizona#@!~ :angry: 

Many people may be surprised that Northern cardinals are found in Arizona. Their range covers the entire Eastern half of the U.S., most of Mexico and only a tiny slice of southeastern Arizona.

But yeah, you might imagine that was a topic of much discussion here.  I think the current owner (Michael Bidwill) was savvy enough to do it, but his dad Bill was the owner then and he was an idiotic curmudgeon.  Years later AZ got an arena league team, called them the Rattlers.  Yeah, that's good.  Coyotes, Diamondbacks.  I'm sure we've had the Scorpions for a few lesser sports, I mean duh.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Big Guy said:

they'll eventually move to AZ and still be called the Texans

Should be called the Houston "Alleged" Sexual Assaulters. 

5 hours ago, edjr said:

Indy should be the pill popping racists

Racists?  Don’t understand that one.  I guess the pill-popping is some jab at Irsay.

The cardinal is  the official state bird.

15 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Racists?  Don’t understand that one.  I guess the pill-popping is some jab at Irsay.

The cardinal is  the official state bird.

of Indiana? I would think that would be Missouri

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

And now are second class bitches that don’t even have a stadium. You don’t need to tell me the history of the chargers 😂 

maybe but not for long.  the Rams blew all of their future capital on 2022.  Its all downhill for the Rams from here, while the Chargers own all their own picks and have a great young franchise QB.  and if the Rams dont win it all this year?  people will start jumping jump fast.

14 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

maybe but not for long.  the Rams blew all of their future capital on 2022.  Its all downhill for the Rams from here, while the Chargers own all their own picks and have a great young franchise QB.  and if the Rams dont win it all this year?  people will start jumping jump fast.

Team of the decade?

chargers still don’t have a stadium. Spanos is a moron and should have jumped on Vegas if he was smart and let the raiturds be the rams like old time 

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

Lakers too

:huh:

I never thought about that.  Where were the Lakers originally?

4 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Red Sox is pretty dumb. 

What city is that NFL team in?

Just now, edjr said:

What city is that NFL team in?

I see people mentioning other sports teams. Don’t be so sensitive. You know it’s dumb. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I see people mentioning other sports teams. Don’t be so sensitive. You know it’s dumb. 

anything without an S in team name in sports is dumb.  

I would be fine if they changed it to the Racists

Worst: New York Jets - why didn’t they change that after 9/11?

Best: Seattle Seahawks - I don’t really like the team, but the name is cool

6 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Exactly.....anybody that knows the history of football knows that the Cardinals are NOT a proud franchise so there's really no good reason to bring that name to AZ. If they changed it to something that made sense, I'd warm up to them a bit.

from Wikipedia....

The franchise has won two NFL championships, both while it was based in Chicago. The first occurred in 1925, but is the subject of controversy, with supporters of the Pottsville Maroons believing that Pottsville should have won the title. Their second title, and the first to be won in a championship game, came in 1947, nearly two decades before the first Super Bowl. They returned to the title game to defend in 1948, but lost the rematch 7–0 in a snowstorm in Philadelphia.

Since winning the championship in 1947, the team suffered many losing seasons, and currently holds the longest active championship drought of North American sports at 72 consecutive seasons. In 2012 the Cardinals became the first NFL franchise to lose 700 games since its inception. The franchise's all-time win-loss record (including regular season and playoff games) at the conclusion of the 2020 season is 574–780–41 (566–771–41 in the regular season, 8–9 in the playoffs).[7] They have been to the playoffs ten times and have won seven playoff games, three of which were victories during their run in the 2008–09 NFL playoffs. During that season, they won their only NFC Championship Game since the 1970 AFL–NFL merger, and reached Super Bowl XLIII (losing 27–23 to the Pittsburgh Steelers). The team has also won five division titles (1974, 1975, 2008, 2009 and 2015) since their 1947–48 NFL championship game appearances. The Cardinals are the only NFL team who have never lost a playoff game at home, with a 5–0 record: the 1947 NFL Championship Game, two postseason victories during the aforementioned 2008–09 NFL playoffs, one during the 2009–10 playoffs, and one during the 2015–16 playoffs.

Literally the only team that can compete with the lions for biggest loser. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

:huh:

I never thought about that.  Where were the Lakers originally?

Minnesota... The land of lakes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbivore said:

of Indiana? I would think that would be Missouri

richmondena cardinalis cardinalis

I don’t know the MO state bird 

2 hours ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Team of the decade?

chargers still don’t have a stadium. Spanos is a moron and should have jumped on Vegas if he was smart and let the raiturds be the rams like old time 

why?  The Chargers are gonna own LA football soon.

• Haha 1

Two best ghey NFL team names…the Oilers and the Packers. Stole that one from In Living Color show from the early 90,s. 

22 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Patriots.  New England is full of people that hate this country. 

not all of us.. but i see your point

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Red Sox is pretty dumb. 

u must be from New York

2 minutes ago, [echo] said:

u must be from New York

Yes. Doesn’t mean I am wrong. They don’t even wear Red Sox. They play for a city with all that history and that’s what they came up with? The revolution that got us here started there. 

On 1/5/2022 at 8:54 AM, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Best: San Diego Chargers

Worst: Los Angeles Chargers

eff you pal!