bostonlager

***2024 PGA Tour***

25 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

PGA Championship Bets:

Jordan Speef 20-1, Will the Thrill 40-1

FRL:

Rory 28-1, Connors 50-1, Eldrick 😮 65-1, Don Henley 100-1

Rory strikes me as in interesting FRL bet because hasn’t his recent major MO been getting off to slow starts? Or is that just the Masters?

love the connors choice

are you actually betting Russell Henley or is this a joke I’m not aware of? 😂 

I know PGAs are ball strikers tournaments.  And there are several ways to win a difficult scoring tournament.   But from everything I have read and heard, you will be chipping and pitching and many of these shots are going to be tricky.  

Love me some HOV but disqualified him.  Also DQd Conners.  

Niemann 55 to 1 is only bet thus far.  I know he is car from a short game guru but I sm betting that number.  I would much rather take a stab at Niemann than other ball strikers who are a 3rd of his odds.  

More to come.  

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Rory strikes me as in interesting FRL bet because hasn’t his recent major MO been getting off to slow starts? Or is that just the Masters?

love the connors choice

are you actually betting Russell Henley or is this a joke I’m not aware of? 😂 

I’ve hit a couple FRL on Rory in the past, might just be Augusta you’re thinking of.

Henley is 100-1 for a reason lol. And I just need one good round from him. Only problem is him playing the afternoon when the winds are supposed to pick up. He’s got one of the lowest first round scoring averages on tour. I’ve thrown 10 bucks on worse things 😂

All my other FRL bets are morning guys

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I know PGAs are ball strikers tournaments.  And there are several ways to win a difficult scoring tournament.   But from everything I have read and heard, you will be chipping and pitching and many of these shots are going to be tricky.  

Niemann 55 to 1 is only bet thus far.  I know he is car from a short game guru but I sm betting that number.  I would much rather take a stab at Niemann than other ball strikers who are a 3rd of his odds.  

More to come.  

You also want guys that are good on 450-500 yard par 4s. There are 7 of them on this course.

1 hour ago, dain11279 said:

I’ve hit a couple FRL on Rory in the past, might just be Augusta you’re thinking of.

Henley is 100-1 for a reason lol. And I just need one good round from him. Only problem is him playing the afternoon when the winds are supposed to pick up. He’s got one of the lowest first round scoring averages on tour. I’ve thrown 10 bucks on worse things 😂

All my other FRL bets are morning guys

No I was legitimately asking about Henley. Wasn’t sure if don henley was a joke about something else just because I think I’ve seen you post the same thing before. 

Seamus Power over Tommy Fleetwood   -105

Tyrrell Hatton over Tony Finau   +115

Sepp Straka over Matt Jones   -120

Cameroun Young over Matt Fitzpatrick   +115

Tournament winner - Cameron Young +8000

17 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

More to come.  

I looked and luckily for me I was mistaken.   Niemann has been quite good this year around the greens.  I thought he was more middle of thr pack guy.  

Niemann  55 to 1

Lowry 35 to 1

Schef over Rahm for Tourney -110

John Daly is leading the tournament 🤯

13 minutes ago, edjr said:

John Daly is leading the tournament 🤯

Until he misses a putt and walks straight to the nearest bar.

Just now, TimmySmith said:

Until he misses a putt and walks straight to the nearest bar.

A man after my own heart 

Which one of you fine fellas wants to message me your espn + login

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Tiger birdies #1.  59 watch is officially on.  

Bogey 15. booooooooooooooooo

39 minutes ago, edjr said:

Which one of you fine fellas wants to message me your espn + login

I can if you still need it

5 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Tiger birdies #1.  59 watch is officially on.  

started hot and then limped home. 

3 hours ago, dain11279 said:

I can if you still need it

I'm good now. Thank you buddy.

22 hours ago, dain11279 said:

hopefully i questioned it into existence :lol:

3 hours ago, edjr said:

I'm good now. Thank you buddy.

Anytime :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

hopefully i questioned it into existence :lol:

Haha Herbert is the only one doing anything right now. Course is playing toughhhhh

40 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

Haha Herbert is the only one doing anything right now. Course is playing toughhhhh

It is. And I drafted 6 Thursday afternoon golfers 😂. Never even looked at tee times. I don’t really regret it though other than the fact I picked Keegan over Niemann. 

On 5/18/2022 at 2:11 PM, dain11279 said:

PGA Championship Bets:

FRL:

Great hit.  You are the man.  I look forward to your plays even if I don't use them. 

7 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Great hit.  You are the man.  I look forward to your plays even if I don't use them. 

Thanks man, appreciate the kind words :cheers:

In retrospect, @WhiteWonder is pretty much correct in saying that Rory's opening rounds in majors are normally his worst. A weird stat due to Rory's talent. However, I heard rumblings that Rory had looked FANTASTIC in practice rounds this week and luckily that spilled into Thursday. 

It's nice being up after the first day, easier to enjoy the tourney without grinding my bets as much. That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to Willy Z and his horrific putting stroke leading me to the ultra-rare double dip on Sunday :)

Corey Conners is 80 yards out after a 397 yard drive. It takes him 5 more shots to put it in the hole and he wasn't even in a bunker. I could have put it in the hole with a putter in 4.

On 5/18/2022 at 2:11 PM, dain11279 said:

PGA Championship Bets:

FRL:

Explain this to me when you picked Will to win it? :doh:

7 hours ago, edjr said:

Explain this to me when you picked Will to win it? :doh:

I like Will more at 40-1 then I do Xander at 25-1. Plus I feel Xander is more of a consistent player then Will is. Xander is way more likely to top 10 then Will is, with Will’s putting stroke if things go awry he can just as easily miss the cut. If he putts well though he can win the whole damn thing. In short I’m betting Will cuz I think he can win and I’m drafting X cuz I’m pretty sure he’s gonna just flat out play well. Hope I explained that well enough :cheers:

3 hours ago, dain11279 said:

I like Will more at 40-1 then I do Xander at 25-1. Plus I feel Xander is more of a consistent player then Will is. Xander is way more likely to top 10 then Will is, with Will’s putting stroke if things go awry he can just as easily miss the cut. If he putts well though he can win the whole damn thing. In short I’m betting Will cuz I think he can win and I’m drafting X cuz I’m pretty sure he’s gonna just flat out play well. Hope I explained that well enough :cheers:

I was almost going to put this explanation for you 😂. My instant thought was that in an event like the edex where you want a guy who can win that is also a safer bet to make the cut, you wanted Xander. And as a pick to win you liked him more. 
but for gambling, Will was the better value at his odds. 

• Like 1

Will Z. over anyone. Best ball striker out there. Loaded with him in my draftkings lineups.

Incredible how one of the best ball strikers on tour basically goes from unflappable to forgetting how to play golf overnight. If I didn’t hit the Rory bet I’d have red-ass right now.

Love that Webb Simpson went from being on the cut number to sitting in the club house 5 back.

On 5/18/2022 at 6:32 PM, bostonlager said:

Seamus Power over Tommy Fleetwood   -105

Tyrrell Hatton over Tony Finau   +115

Sepp Straka over Matt Jones   -120

Cameroun Young over Matt Fitzpatrick   +115

Tournament winner - Cameron Young +8000

Be the right club!!!

:wall:And that sonbitch essentially 3 putts after I say that. 

Playoff!!

I don’t really like Will but since it looks like I won the edex I guess I’ll cheer for Dains bet 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

I don’t really like Will but since it looks like I won the edex I guess I’ll cheer for Dains bet 

Going live bet with Will *150