bostonlager

***2024 PGA Tour***

12 hours ago, bostonlager said:

If none of the major OEMs want to mess with Phil, does he go back to Yonex? I don’t think I’ve seen one of those clubs since 1997. 

Only if he cares about the sponsorship money. Which I’m sure he does. But nothing is stopping him from playing callaway clubs. 

He could end up with a company we’ve barely heard of if they throw enough money at him. 

13 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Only if he cares about the sponsorship money. Which I’m sure he does. But nothing is stopping him from playing callaway clubs. 

He could end up with a company we’ve barely heard of if they throw enough money at him. 

Here is my thought- Callaway kicks you in the balls and says we are on pause. That is like a girl saying she still loves that D,  but wants a break. Phil needs to contact TM or Titleist and see if they want to dance. If they don’t, you bag what you want. I think that would be the best route for all guys on tour when it comes down to brass tacks. For example, Brooks just went into a deal with Srixon/Cleveland.  You can’t tell me those head and shoulders above a Titleist ball and or clubs 

I hate to be a Debbie downer, because I used to play Callaway woods, but why are not on par with TM woods or the Titleist irons.  

12 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Here is my thought- Callaway kicks you in the balls and says we are on pause. That is like a girl saying she still loves that D,  but wants a break. Phil needs to contact TM or Titleist and see if they want to dance. If they don’t, you bag what you want. I think that would be the best route for all guys on tour when it comes down to brass tacks. For example, Brooks just went into a deal with Srixon/Cleveland.  You can’t tell me those head and shoulders above a Titleist ball and or clubs 

I hate to be a Debbie downer, because I used to play Callaway woods, but why are not on par with TM woods or the Titleist irons.  

In a general sense, sure. Taylor us know for their woods and titleist is known for its wedges and to a slightly lesser degree, its irons. But most of these equipment manufacturers can produce clubs these pros love and they get comfortable with which is why we see a lot of guys struggle after a change. 

to my knowledge brooks never had a deal with anyone and played a super mixed bag. This was a first for him and maybe he took the most $$, maybe he genuinely loves the clubs and balls or maybe he didn’t want to go where everyone else goes because he has that lone wolf attitude. 

as for Phil, he has no right to feel slighted. He knows he messed up with his comments. Look at all the sponsors who dropped Tiger during the height of his nonsense. Yea, Phil could contact TM and Titleist and whoever but no one is touching him right now. Not for a little while until this blows over (and it will). 

Probably my worst DFS lineup ever this week.  I had three MC’s and none of the other three are under par.  I’m 80,000th out of 88k.  :lol:

17 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Probably my worst DFS lineup ever this week.  I had three MC’s and none of the other three are under par.  I’m 80,000th out of 88k.  :lol:

I had 2 miss the cut and am somehow cashing because of Sepp Straka 😂

matt Jones and Hudson swafford 👎🏼

10 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

In a general sense, sure. Taylor us know for their woods and titleist is known for its wedges and to a slightly lesser degree, its irons. But most of these equipment manufacturers can produce clubs these pros love and they get comfortable with which is why we see a lot of guys struggle after a change. 

to my knowledge brooks never had a deal with anyone and played a super mixed bag. This was a first for him and maybe he took the most $$, maybe he genuinely loves the clubs and balls or maybe he didn’t want to go where everyone else goes because he has that lone wolf attitude. 

as for Phil, he has no right to feel slighted. He knows he messed up with his comments. Look at all the sponsors who dropped Tiger during the height of his nonsense. Yea, Phil could contact TM and Titleist and whoever but no one is touching him right now. Not for a little while until this blows over (and it will). 

All true, very good points. 

I am an equipment nerd so I am curious as to what he will put in the bag going forward. 

7 hours ago, bostonlager said:

All true, very good points. 

I am an equipment nerd so I am curious as to what he will put in the bag going forward. 

I feel the same way. I’m curious. He has no obligation so you will probably see a mixed bag but I have to imagine his odyssey putter stays in and anything Callaway that was working for him. 

what will be interesting is if we see him playing a Carbonwood driver or something. Then the relationship gets fractured more lol. 

I was also thinking that regardless of having any sponsorship deal and the “callaway team” that comes with it, all these guys have access to someone they trust to build clubs for them if they really wanted. Phil could just hire a guy to get whatever heads and shafts he needs and tinker with things like he would at the Callaway lab. 

Before the final round I was going to throw $5 on Straka to win $100. He was the best payout of the guys who were 5 back of Berger. Decided Berger wouldn’t choke. 

unreal :wall:

• Sad 1

Like a loser I did a degan some what longshot parlay (11 to 1) involving several UFC fights and took Berger at -200 in round on Saturday watching him stripe low fades into the center of the fairway.  

Yeah well all the UFC fights came through.  

Booger not so much.  

Fail.

CheezBerger ended up with breakfast all over his golf spikes. What a muff. 

How about Lee Hodges putter from the bunker? I have done that, but only when I am pissed and I take a full baseball swing. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

How about Lee Hodges putter from the bunker? I have done that, but only when I am pissed and I take a full baseball swing. 

First time I have ever seen a pro pull that maneuver. Not sure his reasoning either. He should have know it would have no spin and wasn't going to stop 

Zach Johnson named 2023 Ryder Cup captain. I thought they would choose Phil, but he must have pissed some people off. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

First time I have ever seen a pro pull that maneuver. Not sure his reasoning either. He should have know it would have no spin and wasn't going to stop 

He smashed it into the lip too. 

Just now, bostonlager said:

Zach Johnson named 2023 Ryder Cup captain. I thought they would choose Phil, but he must have pissed some people off. 

They picked Clefty over Lefty :o

8 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Ryder Cup not a PGA event, either.  Shows how tied the 2 are.  

Tiger and Zach are both 46. I don't understand this choice. 

21 minutes ago, edjr said:

Tiger and Zach are both 46. I don't understand this choice. 

Tiger may have passed on this one since it is over there. Chances of winning at home are much better. 

45 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I thought Phil was supposed to be in line for the 2025 bethpage edition. I mean, probably not so much now 😂 

8 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I thought Phil was supposed to be in line for the 2025 bethpage edition. I mean, probably not so much now 😂 

Bethpage Black - It was made for Tiger to captain

(not sure they have a course named half black)

Just now, edjr said:

Bethpage Black - It was made for Tiger to captain

I think they sort of had an order to it and Tiger was expected to be playing. This was pre crash and pre Saudi comments of course. 

tigger would seem like the logical bethpage choice now

Just now, WhiteWonder said:

I think they sort of had an order to it and Tiger was expected to be playing. This was pre crash and pre Saudi comments of course. 

tigger would seem like the logical bethpage choice now

Read my edit

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, edjr said:

Read my edit

:overhead:

Sort of new to betting golf.  I have felt like you just lose value on nearly everyone as time goes on in the week.  So I checked for thr API.  Took screenshots of odds at 2 books when I first saw thrm yeaterday.  Then look today.

Pretty much as I thought.    The first 2 guys didn't change, Rahm and Rory.  But 80% of thr guys from +1600 to +4000 lost value.  Zal went from +3500 to +2500 on one.  

I don't see anyone gaining value other than outliers or very long shots.  So they straight up take odds away from you or totally backload it since no one bets the +15000s.  

So going forward if I am betting a guy from 15-40 to 1 range I need to jump on the opening day lines or I feel like I totally missed value.  Liked Zal 35 to 1 yestersay.  Doesn't feel qorth betting at 25 to 1 even of I think thr number is still slightly generous.   

Arnold Palmer Invitational Bets:

Will the Thrill Zalatoris 30-1

Thomas Pieters 100-1

FRL:

Marc Leishman 45-1

Cameron Tringale 66-1

4 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

Sort of new to betting golf.  I have felt like you just lose value on nearly everyone as time goes on in the week.  So I checked for thr API.  Took screenshots of odds at 2 books when I first saw thrm yeaterday.  Then look today.

Pretty much as I thought.    The first 2 guys didn't change, Rahm and Rory.  But 80% of thr guys from +1600 to +4000 lost value.  Zal went from +3500 to +2500 on one.  

I don't see anyone gaining value other than outliers or very long shots.  So they straight up take odds away from you or totally backload it since no one bets the +15000s.  

So going forward if I am betting a guy from 15-40 to 1 range I need to jump on the opening day lines or I feel like I totally missed value.  Liked Zal 35 to 1 yestersay.  Doesn't feel qorth betting at 25 to 1 even of I think thr number is still slightly generous.   

I always shop for lines. My local books lines are sh1t compared to some of the bigger books. He had Zalatoris at 24-1 but I got him for 30-1 on FD. 

I still like to bet my FRL leader bets on my local book cuz he doesn’t use dead heat rules. Bet MGM apparently doesn’t either but I can’t confirm that for sure.

14 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

I always shop for lines. My local books lines are sh1t compared to some of the bigger books. He had Zalatoris at 24-1 but I got him for 30-1 on FD. 

I still like to bet my FRL leader bets on my local book cuz he doesn’t use dead heat rules. Bet MGM apparently doesn’t either but I can’t confirm that for sure.

I have 3 books to shop around.  But maybe I need FD.

Just seems like if you dont lay a bet on Monday the odds are worsening for many and improving for none.

5 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I’ve been enjoying betting right before round 4 starts on a winner. Someone from a few back

of course I screwed the pooch this week because I thought the lead was too large

5 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

For all my DFS peeps. 

Jason Day WD from Arnie’s.

Nice of him to do it before the tourney starts for once

• Haha 1

I basically play $1 tournament lineups.  1-3 of them per week. generally have 5 guys make the cut as 1 always screws me but 5 is good enough to cash unless they all poop their pants on the weekend. Last week i had 4 make it an still cashed thanks to Straka.  I'd say 75% of the time I cash, usually for $1-$3. sometimes I hit a $10 cash. Basically churning the same money through. Would love just once to hit that perfect 6 man lineup and win a few grand :lol:

this week we got  Casey - Fitzpatrick - Kizzire - Kokrak - Mitchell - Zalatoris.

posting the lineup here to ensure all 6 miss the cut 

7 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I basically play $1 tournament lineups.  1-3 of them per week. generally have 5 guys make the cut as 1 always screws me but 5 is good enough to cash unless they all poop their pants on the weekend. Last week i had 4 make it an still cashed thanks to Straka.  I'd say 75% of the time I cash, usually for $1-$3. sometimes I hit a $10 cash. Basically churning the same money through. Would love just once to hit that perfect 6 man lineup and win a few grand :lol:

this week we got  Casey - Fitzpatrick - Kizzire - Kokrak - Mitchell - Zalatoris.

posting the lineup here to ensure all 6 miss the cut 

I do exactly what you do. $1ish tournament and then a $25 or a couple $10 double ups. I’ve cashed those before with only 3 making the cut. 

1 hour ago, dain11279 said:

Too many people like Willy Z this week, never a good sign :lol:

I have him in my DK lineup and in a head to head with Paul Casey -125

Matt Wallace has a decent track record at the Arnold Palmer.  He s dirt cheap, for a reason, on DFS.

+1 after 1 

Fitz, Wallace, Z, Bez and Lanto Griffin all have a few pesos on them to win.

Leishman 30 to 1

Fitz 30 to 1

Put those in last night on Caesars.  Best price of thr books I use.  DK they were 28 to 1.  Wake up this AM and both are 35 to 1 on DK and the board moved a bit.  Hov down to 14 to 1.  So perhaps if you don't jump on early lines just wait for tourney morning.....not sure still getting a handle on this.  Nice to see some golfers gain value even if I didn't get in at those numbers.  

Also flipped a few pennys at Munoz 100 to 1.  

Looking forward to seeing Weekend at Arnie's

5 hours ago, dain11279 said:

:ninja:

We good as long as he doesn't have to make any of the nervy 4-5 footers, If I was him I would simply hit it to 10-15 feet instead. Almost like Big Willy's stroke gets better the further away he is.

6 hours ago, dain11279 said:

Ever since he cut his hair he's dead to me

7 hours ago, dain11279 said:

This may be the first time ive bet him or had him in a DK lineup. I figured he went to Wake and was an Arnold Palmer scholarship recipient. Maybe this week he is extra motivated. Or maybe too motivated lol