Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Novak Djokovic detained at Aussie airport - UNVAXXED!

https://theathletic.com/news/novak-djokovics-visa-canceled-star-player-denied-entry-into-australia-over-vaccine-exemption/Ys0t7xEHvebx/?source=pulsenewsletter&campaign={{campaignId}}&source=email&campaign=3486938&email_login=edjr_0%40yahoo.com

Novak Djokovic's visa to enter Australia has been canceled, according to multiple reports. The type of visa he reportedly requested does not allow for medical exemptions to the country's COVID-19 vaccine requirement.

The Australian Open approved Djokovic's exemption for the tournament on Tuesday, which led to the Serbian tennis star departing for Australia. The tournament said the exemption was granted "following a rigorous review process involving two separate independent panels of medical experts."

According to Reuters, Djokovic was filing a federal injunction to stop the deportation.

Djokovic landed in Melbourne late Wednesday night, according to multiple reports, but was not permitted to leave the airport. Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Djokovic would need to provide "acceptable proof" that he cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons.

"We await his presentation and what evidence he provides to support that," Morrison said. "If that evidence is insufficient, then he won’t be treated different to anyone else and he’ll be on the next plane home. There should be no special rules for Novak Djokovic at all."

Australian home affairs minister Karen Andrews said in a statement that the Australian Border Force would "ensure that those who arrive at our border comply with our strict border requirements."

"While the Victorian Government and Tennis Australia may permit a non-vaccinated player to compete in the Australian Open, it is the Commonwealth Government that will enforce our requirements at the Australian border," Andrews said.

Jaala Pulford, a member of the Victorian Legislative Council, tweeted that the state would not help Djokovic individually with his visa application.

"The Federal Government has asked if we will support Novak Djokovic’s visa application to enter Australia," Pulford wrote. "We will not be providing Novak Djokovic with individual visa application support to participate in the 2022 Australian Open Grand Slam.

"We’ve always been clear on two points: visa approvals are a matter for the Federal Government, and medical exemptions are a matter for doctors."

The tournament is scheduled to begin on Jan. 17.

Quite possibly the fittest athlete in the world, canceled for something that attacks fatties.

That is one way to keep him from winning.

Australia has a pretty extreme covid stance, this should not be surprising.

I do not care enough to google it, but i wonder if most of their population supports the measures they are taking.

20 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Good for state to tell him 'you don't wanna follow the rules, you can't come in'. 

:lol:

31 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Good for state to tell him 'you don't wanna follow the rules, you can't come in'. 

I don't think anyone is criticizing them for following the rules... they're criticizing the rule itself.

He was dumb for going to that nazi controlled country. 

29 minutes ago, Gladiators said:

Is everyone dead yet?

I think I died. But I need a chinese virus test to see for sure.

Others in the tourney got the same exemption,  but they aren't named Djokovic so there was no benefit to make a fuss.  Pussie, pussie, pussie, oy, oy oy.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Others in the tourney got the same exemption,  but they aren't named Djokovic so there was no benefit to make a fuss.  Pussie, pussie, pussie, oy, oy oy.

Also, no one knows who the fock any of them are.

2 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I think I died. But I need a chinese virus test to see for sure.

I died when they repealed net neutrality.

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

:rolleyes:

On 1/6/2022 at 9:32 AM, Mike Honcho said:

This.

If a country wants to protect its borders it damn well should have that ability

4 hours ago, RLLD said:

If a country wants to protect its borders it damn well should have that ability

Absolutely. But it's pathetic to approve an exemption and then revoke the exemption upon arrival at the airport because of public backlash.

12 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Absolutely. But it's pathetic to approve an exemption and then revoke the exemption upon arrival at the airport because of public backlash.

And then lose a court battle.  And now they are shaking their fists at him again.  And the media is full of the condemnation of Djokovic that Honcho says doesn't exist. :lol:   Did Australia put any thought into this at all?  Or did they play to the whims of the covidwoke?  

21 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

That's not what happened.  

The Australian Open approved a medical exemption for Djokovic, not the Australian or the State of Victoria. 

8 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

And then lose a court battle.  And now they are shaking their fists at him again.  And the media is full of the condemnation of Djokovic that Honcho says doesn't exist. :lol:   Did Australia put any thought into this at all?  Or did they play to the whims of the covidwoke?  

I never said that.  I was rolling my eyes at your assertion that "Others in the tourney got the same exemption," and consequently into the country.  

54 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I never said that.  I was rolling my eyes at your assertion that "Others in the tourney got the same exemption," and consequently into the country.  

Others in the tourney did get medical exemptions.  These are world class athletes.  The whole thing is a dog and pony show and Djokovic was clearly singled out because the #500 player in the world isn't worthy of the shaming that you claim doesn't exist. 

10 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Others in the tourney did get medical exemptions.  These are world class athletes.  The whole thing is a dog and pony show and Djokovic was clearly singled out because the #500 player in the world isn't worthy of the shaming that you claim doesn't exist. 

Okay, they got medical exemption from the tourney(you haven't proven any of that)...please show me where they didn't get medical exemptions on their visa, Like Djokovic and were still allowed in the country. 

Also, while you are it, please show me where I said shaming doesn't exist?  

I'll be surprised if they let him play after this.

Djokovic admitted there were mistakes on his immigration forms and to meeting a journalist despite testing positive for Covid, as Australia mulls deporting him.

In his Instagram post, Djokovic said he had gone ahead with the interview for French title L'Equipe because he had not wanted to "let the journalist down".

Djokovic also admitted making a false declaration on his travel form prior to entering Australia and said his team has provided additional information to authorities. He said his agent had made a mistake when filling in a section of the form that covered his recent travel history. The form stated that he had not traveled in the 14 days before his arrival in Australia. Reports suggest the 34-year-old was in both Serbia and Spain prior to the trip.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-59935127

6 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

I'll be surprised if they let him play after this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-59935127

Djokovic also admitted making a false declaration on his travel form prior to entering Australia and said his team has provided additional information to authorities. He said his agent had made a mistake when filling in a section of the form that covered his recent travel history. The form stated that he had not traveled in the 14 days before his arrival in Australia. Reports suggest the 34-year-old was in both Serbia and Spain prior to the trip.

Customs and immigration take that pretty seriously. Don't muck up those documents. And like RLLD, I agree, it's a sovereign countries borders, you want it, follow our rules. 

Agree, it would be a surprise if he plays now.  

Novak Djokovic's Australian visa revoked again

Novak Djokovic's Australian visa has been revoked for a second time, all but ending the ambitions of the world's top-ranked male tennis player to contest the Australian Open and win a 21st grand slam.

Immigration minister Alex Hawke announced the decision in a statement on Friday after days of deliberation about whether to eject the Serbian star from the country.
It is unclear whether Australia will move to deport Djokovic as the decision can still be challenged by his legal team.

Australia has gone full pants on head retarded.

Why anybody would go there now is beyond me.

On 1/10/2022 at 12:21 PM, GobbleDog said:

I would relish if the rest of the players boycotted of course, but mainly because when I see governments put their thumb on people I like it when people stand up to them.

Then again, I also like it when nations assert protections for their borders....

On 1/10/2022 at 12:21 PM, GobbleDog said:

That's not what happened. The Australian Tennis people approved his exemption to the play in the tourney. He never had an exception to enter the country. 

The vax can't prevent transmission.  With that knowledge everything else becomes ridiculous.  Governments are now just angry because people aren't doing what they are ordered to do.

45 minutes ago, BLS said:

Australia has gone full pants on head retarded.

Why anybody would go there now is beyond me.

2.25 million for winning the Aussie Open. Seems like a decent reason. When you're the best in the world.

51 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

That's not what happened. The Australian Tennis people approved his exemption to the play in the tourney. He never had an exception to enter the country. 

Perhaps there was no full legal assurance to enter, but from the articles it sounds like the Australian Prime Minister was flip-flopping back and forth. Not surprising Djokavic was unclear about entry.

Had there been no public outcry, they probably would've let him in. But he turned into a political football.

31 minutes ago, edjr said:

2.25 million for winning the Aussie Open. Seems like a decent reason. When you're the best in the world.

Even better when 2.25 mill is up for grabs and the world's #1 isn't playing.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

So what? Masks don't do anything. And people who got the shot can get the chinese virus and spread it anyway. 

20 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

So what? Masks don't do anything. And people who got the shot can get the chinese virus and spread it anyway. 

Agree the mask comment wasn’t really necessary.  The point is he shouldn’t be doing public appearances the day after testing positive.  And vaxx’ed people (well most people, really) usually actually stay home if they know they’re positive.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

Agree the mask comment wasn’t really necessary.  The point is he shouldn’t be doing public appearances the day after testing positive.  And vaxx’ed people (well most people, really) usually actually stay home if they know they’re positive.

If he was asymptomatic he would be compliant with current CDC guidelines. 

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

If he was asymptomatic he would be compliant with current CDC guidelines. 

No, he wouldn’t 

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

No, he wouldn’t 

True, only if he was vaxxed. Even though the vax doesn't stop transmission. :lol:

16 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

True, only if he was vaxxed. Even though the vax doesn't stop transmission. :lol:

No, he wouldn’t 

12 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

No, he wouldn’t 

You are contributing to the witchhunt bot. Nothing he did in Serbia has anything to do with the Australian.  

47 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

You are contributing to the witchhunt bot. Nothing he did in Serbia has anything to do with the Australian.  

Honestly haven’t even followed it.  But making public appearances 1 day after testing positive shows he’s a POS.