Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

PayPal issues for fantasy football

You can use LeagueSafe...

Just don't put anything about fantasy in there...  Use something like "Donation to help pay for flowers at funeral" or "Help pay tab for team dinner"...

1 minute ago, posty said:

You can use LeagueSafe...

Just don't put anything about fantasy in there...  Use something like "Donation to help pay for flowers at funeral" or "Help pay tab for team dinner"...

We have someone in our league who lives in Japan and league safe bans international transactions.

3 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

What specific issues are you referring to?

There are rumors going around the internet saying PayPal will no longer work for fantasy football.

I am trying to determine if the rumors are true.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

We have someone in our league who lives in Japan and league safe bans international transactions.

Well that is unfortunate...  I guess it would be safer to only accept one paypal/venmo transaction for dues instead of all of them...

Just now, posty said:

Well that is unfortunate...  I guess it would be safer to only accept one paypal/venmo transaction for dues instead of all of them...

We all know each other and the commish is my wife's brother. I know where to go if I do not get paid.

• Like 1

Never heard of that. Paypal you just send the money, the program doesn't know if it's for FFL or not. So the restriction has nothing to do with FFL, but maybe something regarding Japan and international payments. 

If Paypal won't work, go for venmo, bank wire or western union. 

• Like 1

ok, that sucks. If you just send money to one person don't see the issue as they don't even know what the money is for and there is no pattern.

3 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

ok, that sucks. If you just send money to one person don't see the issue as they don't even know what the money is for and there is no pattern.

One of my commishes is the commish of 10ish leagues and all use Paypal

I just paid out someone in my league using PayPal.  Sent them $100.  In the message, I just put "Fantasy league".

33 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

In the message, I just put "Fantasy league".

It would probably be safer if you just put something like "For sex trafficking" or "For uranium."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Never heard of that. Paypal you just send the money, the program doesn't know if it's for FFL or not. So the restriction has nothing to do with FFL, but maybe something regarding Japan and international payments. 

If Paypal won't work, go for venmo, bank wire or western union. 

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

yes... give it a different title "ski money" or something

Well I've sued PP and Venmo quite successfully for countless years and never had an issue. I plan on continuing to do so. All you have to do is check the friends and family box and seriously how would they ever know?

I've been told accounts are getting frozen for all dollar amounts $600 and up. Anything less has been business as usual.

5 hours ago, Kopy said:

I've been told accounts are getting frozen for all dollar amounts $600 and up. Anything less has been business as usual.

That would make sense, since that's the point at which the payer would be required to submit a 1099 tax form for the payee.