Sign in to follow this  
TimmySmith

NY Governor wants to ban Natural Gas hookups

I think this defeats the purpose and puts more CO2 in the atmosphere. Natural gas heat is much more efficient than electricity for heating. 

So now they have to provide 3+ times the energy since gas heating is 90% efficient and electricity is 30% efficient. This does not even include energy loss due to transmission.

In New York 85% of electricity is generated by fossil fuels.

So now you actually more than double and possibly triple CO2 emissions to heat a house.

This is a law that is just designed to placate people. Because if people understood anything about efficiency and the power grid they should oppose this law. 

When I lived in NY one of the first things you look at when apartment hunting is whether it had electric heat.  If it did that apt was immediatley removed from consideration due to the high winter utility cost. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Guess we will just tear out the NG inserts and start burning coal again moron. 

It's what liberals do. They are excellent at being morons. 

8 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I think this defeats the purpose and puts more CO2 in the atmosphere. Natural gas heat is much more efficient than electricity for heating. 

So now they have to provide 3+ times the energy since gas heating is 90% efficient and electricity is 30% efficient. This does not even include energy loss due to transmission.

In New York 85% of electricity is generated by fossil fuels.

So now you actually more than double and possibly triple CO2 emissions to heat a house.

This is a law that is just designed to placate people. Because if people understood anything about efficiency and the power grid they should oppose this law. 

This is obviously backed by corporate interests.  As an energy guy did you ever read or see the documentary about inner city bussing.  And how the automakers convinced cities to buy busses and scrap existing trolleys. Same thing happening here.

9 hours ago, DonS said:

When I lived in NY one of the first things you look at when apartment hunting is whether it had electric heat.  If it did that apt was immediatley removed from consideration due to the high winter utility cost. 

Literally, if you're using electricity as primary heat north of the Mason Dixon Line, you're an idiot

Sounds familiar. Years ago California banned wood burning fireplaces in new construction. Only NG fireplaces were allowed. Now they want to ban NG appliances. I guess that's what they mean by "Progressive."

5 minutes ago, lod001 said:

She is a really stupid woman. How the fock did she get where she's at.

the previous Democrat had to resign due to sexually harassing women, so it's not like she got her position legitimately via an election.

Also, same Democrats who are out front on the whole #metoo - turns out they're the ones doing all the harassing and trafficking of young women.  Kind of like how they are out in front during BLM/Antifa stuff but turns out they're the most racist SOBs you'll ever meet.  It's all about optics, not action.

3 hours ago, Fireballer said:

Literally, if you're using electricity as primary heat north of the Mason Dixon Line, you're an idiot

Provided you have options. But if you do, and don't choose NG, you're also destroying the planet.

Well, I think it's a fabulous idea for New Yorkers to risk going without heat in the winter time if it'll help stop climate change.

Good for you, New York! Do it!

🍿

2 hours ago, 5-Points said:

Sounds familiar. Years ago California banned wood burning fireplaces in new construction. Only NG fireplaces were allowed. Now they want to ban NG appliances. I guess that's what they mean by "Progressive."

You know how they contrast North and South Korea by showing how completely dark the North side is?  Liberals want to turn New York and everywhere else into North Korea.  Ban everything, control people, make him live in hovels and starve.

4 hours ago, Fireballer said:

I had electric in my previous house. I was. Very happy with it but for it being so dry. That’s was over four years ago, things may have changed. My in laws have electric now and they are happy. It was definitely cheaper than oil, even before Pedo Joe got in office. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

You know how they contrast North and South Korea by showing how completely dark the North side is?  Liberals want to turn New York and everywhere else into North Korea.  Ban everything, control people, make him live in hovels and starve.

Yep. Progressives want slow and steady progress to third world shithole status for America and Americans. Everyone except them. 

The greater overall energy efficiency of natural gas to produce heat means it generates less greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide (CO2) to heat your home compared to electric resistance heating. While natural gas pipelines can leak and damage the environment, both gas and electric infrastructure negatively impact the environment. However, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), in 2018, about 83 percent of the U.S. electricity was generated from fossil fuels, including coal, natural gas, petroleum, and nuclear. Almost 30 percent of the total electricity generation came from coal, the most polluting fossil fuel

34 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Why companies are mass-producing edible insects - YouTube

No, no. :nono::

Leftoids don't want you to starve. They just want you to scrap your wasteful, colonizer oppressor dining habits and start eating bugs. 

You'll live in a pod, own nothing, eat bugs, and be plugged into the metaverse wearing your 3D glasses all day. It'll be great.