Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

GMs, Coaches Fired / Hired

19 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What did he do wrong ? That untalented team over achieved. Houston is a mess. And that’s coming from a Giants fan. 

He was a 1 year fill in for a job no real head coach wanted.

Pretty much anything short of a deep playoff run wouldn't have kept him on.

1 hour ago, Vikings4ever said:

He was a 1 year fill in for a job no real head coach wanted.

Pretty much anything short of a deep playoff run wouldn't have kept him on.

Maybe he did too well and they are afraid he might win 4 games again next year. 

• Like 1

After the Raiders lost both of their 2020 first round draft picks to Sin City Stupidity, I would think that any job in the Raiders' organization is going to be kind of a hard sell until the NFL figures out that Las Vegas isn't a good place to give kids a million dollars to go play in.

Good luck, new regime...

5 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

it is a bit unusual for a GM from a playoff team to get turfed.   regardless of everything else.

I suspect there is more to the story that we may never hear.

It was a bit unusual for the Raiders to sign him as their GM in the first place.  

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

it is a bit unusual for a GM from a playoff team to get turfed.   regardless of everything else.

I suspect there is more to the story that we may never hear.

Which one has the Dumb and Dumber haircut?

He probly needs to go, just on general principles.

2019: Clelin Ferrell at 1.04 was a head scratcher, to EVERYONE..  Over: Devin White, 1;.05; Ed Oliver 1.09; Devin Bush 1.10; Brian Burns 1.16; and Montez Sweat 1.26..

2020: Ruggs.  *I* don't think him being "in Vegas" had anything to do with him going .. 156MPH after midnight  IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA..  He could have done THAT, anywhere.  Word is he was leaving a party hosted by someone associated with GOLF.  So - not specific to Vegas.

Also 2020: Arnette.  I don't know that much about his .. "case."  Something about making a video on a social media platform, holding a gun, and making a threat of violence.  Again - he could have done that in ANY big city.

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Which one has the Dumb and Dumber haircut?

He probly needs to go, just on general principles.

fair comment all around  I dont care what anyone else says.

6 hours ago, Bills04 said:

*I* don't think him being "in Vegas" had anything to do with him going .. 156MPH after midnight  IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA..  He could have done THAT, anywhere.  Word is he was leaving a party hosted by someone associated with GOLF.  So - not specific to Vegas.

yeah, just carelessness and stupidity.

thing is... you throw millions at a kid barely old enough to drink, this sort of thing is gonna happen sometimes.

I know very little about the situation itself, but going 156 MPH in a residential area does sound like a recipe for disaster no matter how you slice it. 

not making excuses at all.  the guy was an idiot plain and simple.   The money gave the the ability to ramp up his idiocy to a level where something like this happened.   I dont think being in vegas would have mattered in this case, but I could see players being more likely to get into substance abuse problems in a town like Vegas.    It will be interesting if this becomes an issue going forward.

"Don't put that gasoline next to the fire."

"Why not?  Gasoline can ignite anywhere, not just here, you know..."

It’s to bad that Schoen doesn’t play Qb. 

A lot of recycled, perennial losers interviewing for HC & GM gigs. I always find it funny when some loser gets hired and brings in the losers he lost with before. Like Denver did with their loser HC/OC combo.

On 1/21/2022 at 10:35 AM, weepaws said:

It’s to bad that Schoen doesn’t play Qb. 

Maybe they hired him cuz he didnt put gasoline next to the fire as mentioned earlier

Does that mean an extra third rounder for the chiefs next year? :banana: #notfair

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Does that mean an extra third rounder for the chiefs next year? :banana: #notfair

45 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

But if bienemy becomes a head coach this year, it's still just 2?

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

But if bienemy becomes a head coach this year, it's still just 2?

If what I read was right, any team who loses a black coach or personal member to an HC or GM position gets a compensatory after the 3rd round for 2 consecutive years.  If you lose one of each (a GM and a HC), it's 3 consecutive years.  That's why I'm hoping someone hires Leftwich and Bowles as HC's... that 2 picks for each coach, so 4 total picks the next 2 years.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If what I read was right, any team who loses a black coach or personal member to an HC or GM position gets a compensatory after the 3rd round for 2 consecutive years.  If you lose one of each (a GM and a HC), it's 3 consecutive years.  That's why I'm hoping someone hires Leftwich and Bowles as HC's... that 2 picks for each coach, so 4 total picks the next 2 years.

Anyone who hires Bowles should lose picks. 

44 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Anyone who hires Bowles should lose picks. 

Whoever it is will have a great run defense, but a pass defense that will allow 400/4 per week.

I hope he goes to the Raiders.

15 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Whoever it is will have a great run defense, but a pass defense that will allow 400/4 per week.

I hope he goes to the Raiders.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive coordinator Todd Bowles was requested to interview with the Las Vegas Raiders for their head coaching vacancy Tuesday, Jan. 25.

YESSS!

• Like 1

Interesting hire by the Broncos today, with all the Rogers talk of him  going to the Broncos.  This might have sealed it.  

The Rams gave up 2 firsts a 3rd and a starting QB for Stafford. What would the Broncos have to give up for a much better player in Rodgers? He isn't a free agent. He might want to go there but it is not even close to sealed....

Seems like offensive was more of a problem for the Bears, another interesting hire.  

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

The Rams gave up 2 firsts a 3rd and a starting QB for Stafford. What would the Broncos have to give up for a much better player in Rodgers? He isn't a free agent. He might want to go there but it is not even close to sealed....

yeah but Stafford at 33 years old has a number of years left in the tank (likely another 6 or 7).

Rodgers at 38 has likely only a couple and is now on the downside of his career.

Right now I'd pay more for Stafford than I would for Rodgers.

even if you consider Rodgers to be the better player today.

51 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yeah but Stafford at 33 years old has a number of years left in the tank (likely another 6 or 7).

Rodgers at 38 has likely only a couple and is now on the downside of his career.

Right now I'd pay more for Stafford than I would for Rodgers.

even if you consider Rodgers to be the better player today.

How is he on the downside of his career? He might be the back-to-back MVP. I’d sign up for that “downside”. 

at 38 he has not a lot of time left.  sorry but thats the truth.

very few QB's play past the age of 40.   so I assume that hes on the downward slope now.   Even if he stayed at the peak longer than most.

bottom line, if you get Rodgers, you get good numbers for 2-3 years.  4 if you are lucky.

with STafford, Rams get 6-8 years most likely.

so even if stafford is worth less today, there are more future benefits with him that you dont get with Rodgers.   Thats all \i'm saying.

On 1/17/2022 at 7:50 PM, AxeElf said:

After the Raiders lost both of their 2020 first round draft picks to Sin City Stupidity, I would think that any job in the Raiders' organization is going to be kind of a hard sell until the NFL figures out that Las Vegas isn't a good place to give kids a million dollars to go play in.

Good luck, new regime...

Johnny Manziel flamed out in Cleveland of all places 😆

Pacman Jones in Nashville, okay, Nashville is a bit of a sin city of it's own, so scratch that

Any way, a fool is gonna be a fool anywhere. It's hard to think Henry Ruggs wouldn't have done something equally as stupid if he were say a Panther, in Charlotte instead of Vegas.

Some of these guys are complete and total fools that just happen to be great at football, I think both of these guys the Raiders drafted in 2020 fit that bill

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 9:48 AM, weepaws said:

Interesting hire by the Broncos today, with all the Rogers talk of him  going to the Broncos.  This might have sealed it.  

Rodgers

Good for the nfl, and Vikings fans. 

The Bills hired the Panthers' OC to be their new QB coach.

Working with a guy who developed the likes of Teddy Bridgewater, Sam Darnold and PJ Walker should do wonders for Josh Allen's career.