Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

GMs, Coaches Fired

19 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

What did he do wrong ? That untalented team over achieved. Houston is a mess. And that’s coming from a Giants fan. 

He was a 1 year fill in for a job no real head coach wanted.

Pretty much anything short of a deep playoff run wouldn't have kept him on.

1 hour ago, Vikings4ever said:

He was a 1 year fill in for a job no real head coach wanted.

Pretty much anything short of a deep playoff run wouldn't have kept him on.

Maybe he did too well and they are afraid he might win 4 games again next year. 

• Like 1

After the Raiders lost both of their 2020 first round draft picks to Sin City Stupidity, I would think that any job in the Raiders' organization is going to be kind of a hard sell until the NFL figures out that Las Vegas isn't a good place to give kids a million dollars to go play in.

Good luck, new regime...

5 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

it is a bit unusual for a GM from a playoff team to get turfed.   regardless of everything else.

I suspect there is more to the story that we may never hear.

It was a bit unusual for the Raiders to sign him as their GM in the first place.  

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

it is a bit unusual for a GM from a playoff team to get turfed.   regardless of everything else.

I suspect there is more to the story that we may never hear.

Which one has the Dumb and Dumber haircut?

He probly needs to go, just on general principles.

2019: Clelin Ferrell at 1.04 was a head scratcher, to EVERYONE..  Over: Devin White, 1;.05; Ed Oliver 1.09; Devin Bush 1.10; Brian Burns 1.16; and Montez Sweat 1.26..

2020: Ruggs.  *I* don't think him being "in Vegas" had anything to do with him going .. 156MPH after midnight  IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA..  He could have done THAT, anywhere.  Word is he was leaving a party hosted by someone associated with GOLF.  So - not specific to Vegas.

Also 2020: Arnette.  I don't know that much about his .. "case."  Something about making a video on a social media platform, holding a gun, and making a threat of violence.  Again - he could have done that in ANY big city.

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Which one has the Dumb and Dumber haircut?

He probly needs to go, just on general principles.

fair comment all around  I dont care what anyone else says.

6 hours ago, Bills04 said:

*I* don't think him being "in Vegas" had anything to do with him going .. 156MPH after midnight  IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA..  He could have done THAT, anywhere.  Word is he was leaving a party hosted by someone associated with GOLF.  So - not specific to Vegas.

yeah, just carelessness and stupidity.

thing is... you throw millions at a kid barely old enough to drink, this sort of thing is gonna happen sometimes.

I know very little about the situation itself, but going 156 MPH in a residential area does sound like a recipe for disaster no matter how you slice it. 

not making excuses at all.  the guy was an idiot plain and simple.   The money gave the the ability to ramp up his idiocy to a level where something like this happened.   I dont think being in vegas would have mattered in this case, but I could see players being more likely to get into substance abuse problems in a town like Vegas.    It will be interesting if this becomes an issue going forward.

"Don't put that gasoline next to the fire."

"Why not?  Gasoline can ignite anywhere, not just here, you know..."