Sign in to follow this  
Matts Eagles

Off-season Trades

It’s that season…. Post your completed trades or prospective trades here

12 Team PPR, 1 QB

Team A got Hurts, D Cook, 2.03, 2.09

Team B got Mahomes, Mixon

I’m wondering what will happen to C Ridley.  

Thanks n

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Thanks n

Have Ridley in one of my keeper leagues, and no idea what to do with him.  Was talking with guy in that league who has Mike Thomas, and he’s pretty much in the same boat.

To the OP, anyone getting Cook should figure out a way to get Mattison too.

Watson is another one, can’t wait to see where he goes.  

On 1/10/2022 at 1:28 AM, Matts Eagles said:

It’s that season…. Post your completed trades or prospective trades here

12 Team PPR, 1 QB

Team A got Hurts, D Cook, 2.03, 2.09

Team B got Mahomes, Mixon

Mahomes and Mixon for me.

What kind of value would Ezekiel Elliot bring in for a dynasty roster? I have him for sale, and so far it's been a mild, buy really low interest.

I think he’s on the down side, so his long range value would be a mid rb2.  His per game avg shows him to be that imo.  

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think he’s on the down side, so his long range value would be a mid rb2.  His per game avg shows him to be that imo.  

I agree, maybe sell for a late 1st?  Unless you right the right RB needy team, he may be hard to sell.  Zeke was RB7 with Pollard in the backfield. He will turn 27 in the summer so 1-2 good years most likely? 

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

What kind of value would Ezekiel Elliot bring in for a dynasty roster? I have him for sale, and so far it's been a mild, buy really low interest.

I'd have no problem hanging on to him.  Last week, with an MCL sprain, rushed for 4.8 yards per carry.  He's at worst, a flex.... most likely a high RB2, with a ceiling of an RB1.  He's a legit starter every week.  I don't see the need to trade him.

34 minutes ago, Matts Eagles said:

You think he will not get suspended?

That’s a great question.  Don’t know, and if he is suspended, don’t know for how long.  

The nfl is pretty consistent about being inconsistent when it comes to suspension imo.  

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

Reminds me of Gurley a little bit. Lots of wear and tear, still has some value as a TD maker, but if you can get any value, I'd do it now. You are probably selling a year too late...

I would agree, this is the time to shop Zeke.  

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2022 at 11:08 AM, weepaws said:

Thanks n

well, Its difficult to say.  he has the talent but he might be done.

most players who take time off like he did to focus on their mental health never come back to be productive.

I hope I'm wrong, but the stresses of being an NFL player can be severe, and if you have mental health problems, I think that stress is a lot to overcome.

I do hope he gets the help he needed and can come back.  I liked watching him play. That said......from what I can tell, the odds are highly against him.

I suspect its because you need to be tough mentally to be able to hack the NFL.   So If you are struggling with mental health, playing full time in the NFL may be EXTREMELY difficult.  for some..... it is likely too much to take.   

I wish him well and hope he can make a return, but if I were in Vegas and had to bet on it..... I'd bet against his productive return.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I don't see the need to trade him.

Agreed.  Everyone seems to feel Zeke is done, so the only offers you're likely to get are lowball offers of two scrubs or one journeyman who probly won't score as much as Zeke next year anyway.  If you can't get fair market value for a player--and I don't think you are likely to get that for Zeke--it's best to hold onto them.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Agreed.  Everyone seems to feel Zeke is done, so the only offers you're likely to get are lowball offers of two scrubs or one journeyman who probly won't score as much as Zeke next year anyway.  If you can't get fair market value for a player--and I don't think you are likely to get that for Zeke--it's best to hold onto them.

I agree.   keep in mind, the team decided to play him through his injury when in reality, they should have sat him.

this affected his numbers in a significant way.  if you look at his game log before and after injury, they dont resemble each other in any way other than perhaps the most recent game.  but I'd suggest that that is just an indicator that he is finally starting to be healthy (though I'd be surprised if he was 100% I'd suggest hes at least well enough to be productive now)

hes still a starting calibre RB.   but wont be going top 5 in redrafts this year coming up.  Hes likely an early to mid 2nd round pick in redraft leagues.   At that point in the draft(or later), hes a solid choice.

I wouldnt sell him off for peanuts.  dude is still young enough that he can have himself some productive seasons moving forward.

I think it’s time to sale.