Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

First heart transplant from a pig

"My intital reaction was that this is wonderful news, but now that my overlords in the corporate media has informed me that this is unethcial way to treat animals, I have realized the error of my ways."

90% of liberals everywhere

11 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

They transplanted it in a guy who is going to die. They wanted to choose someone who had nothing to lose

No sh!t

Pig heart transplant recipient served 6-years in prison for 1988 stabbing resulting in paralyzed victim

David Bennett, a 57-year-old suffering from terminal heart disease, was convicted of the 1988 bar stabbing of Edward Shumaker. Shumaker’s heartbroken sister, Leslie Shumaker Downey, now says the second chance at a heart should have gone to someone else.

Bennett, then 23, attacked Shumaker while he was playing pool in Hagerstown on April 30, 1988 after his then-wife, Norma Jean Bennett, sat on Shumaker’s lap, according to The Daily Mail, a Hagerstown newspaper. Bennett struck Shumaker from behind then stabbed him repeatedly in the abdomen, chest and back, according to court testimony cited by The Washington Post.

To some families, it’s an outrage that a person convicted of a violent crime would be awarded an organ others so desperately need. But doctors often disagree and there are no laws prohibiting someone with a criminal history from receiving a transplant. “The key principle in medicine is to treat anyone who is sick, regardless of who they are,” said Arthur Caplan, a bioethics professor at New York University. “We are not in the business of sorting sinners from saints. Crime is a legal matter.”

https://nypost.com/2022/01/13/historic-pig-heart-recipient-was-convicted-in-1988-stabbing/

Bad pig

On 1/12/2022 at 4:04 PM, Voltaire said:

"My intital reaction was that this is wonderful news, but now that my overlords in the corporate media has informed me that this is unethcial way to treat animals, I have realized the error of my ways."

90% of liberals everywhere

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.  Then there is poor Porky, he drew the short straw, they ripped his heart out while he was still alive."  

51 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

Bad pig

They picked the right guy.

If you want to try medical experiments on humans, the criminal population works. I mean, I wouldn't stick a pig's heart in Ted Kazynski just to do it and see if it works. That's Josef Mengele stuff. But if Ted has a bad heart or liver like this guy did, yeah, hook him up and see if you can make it work long term to improve his life.

I'm a genetically modified super-pig, mother fockers!  How you like me now?  Wait, what are you doing with that scalpal?