Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Playoff Rankings

I saw an interesting one, but I can't remember who's running it.  On that basis alone, I probly won't enter it, but it got me thinking about the strategy I would use if I did.

The idea is to pick 14 players--and only 1 from each NFL playoff team (so if you pick Mahomes, you can't pick Kelce)--to fill a 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2TE, 4Flex, 1K, 1D lineup.  No changes during the playoffs.  Most points after the Super Bowl wins.

Given that your TEs, Ks and Ds are largely going to score the least, you probly want them to come from the wildcard round losers.  Given that your QBs will score the most, they should be from the 2 teams you think will be in the Super Bowl.  Half-PPR scoring, so no real preference for RBs or WRs at Flex...

So my entry would probly look something like:

Chiefs - Mahomes

Cowboys - Prescott

Titans - Henry

Steelers - Harris

Arizona - Conner

Bills - Singletary

Rams - Kupp

Packers - Adams

Buccaneers - Evans

Bengals - Chase

49ers - Kittle

Raiders - Waller

Eagles - K

Patriots - D

36 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I saw an interesting one, but I can't remember who's running it.  On that basis alone, I probly won't enter it, but it got me thinking about the strategy I would use if I did.

The idea is to pick 14 players--and only 1 from each NFL playoff team (so if you pick Mahomes, you can't pick Kelce)--to fill a 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2TE, 4Flex, 1K, 1D lineup.  No changes during the playoffs.  Most points after the Super Bowl wins.

Given that your TEs, Ks and Ds are largely going to score the least, you probly want them to come from the wildcard round losers.  Given that your QBs will score the most, they should be from the 2 teams you think will be in the Super Bowl.  Half-PPR scoring, so no real preference for RBs or WRs at Flex...

Chiefs - Mahomes

Cowboys - Prescott

Titans - Henry

Steelers - Harris

Arizona - Conner

Bills - Singletary

Rams - Kupp

Packers - Adams

Buccaneers - Evans

Bengals - Chase

49ers - Kittle

Raiders - Waller

Eagles - K

Patriots - D

We run this exact kind of contest for my home league. It's got some good strategy pieces to it and doesn't require a weekly lineup set.

23 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

We run this exact kind of contest for my home league. It's got some good strategy pieces to it and doesn't require a weekly lineup set.

I have played in a contest with these exact same rules for the past 10 years. Rather enjoyable. Thanks Mike for the Rankings and thanks HatchetElf for your picks.

Our league was that you pick whomever you want, there's no starting lineup / roster requirements.  You could have 4 kickers if you wanted.  I mean, if you took kickers from the conf champ games, you'd at least 12 games total.  If they average 7 ppg, you'd end up with about 21 from each one.  I mean, would you rather have 21 points from Ryan Succop in 4 games or 15 points from Najee Harris in 1?  The reason for these rules is because, you can have as many people in your league as you want and you can build your roster any way possible.  Last year, I won pretty handily as I had a bunch of Buccaneers and Bills players, but in prior years, guys have won with as many as 5 kickers.  In 2019, he had Robbie Gould and Harrison Butker.  The guy who had Brady and Lamar laughed at the that dudes roster.  Brady and Lamar combined for 32 points.  In the Super Bowl alone, Butker and Gould combined for 50.

On 1/11/2022 at 6:05 PM, Mike FF Today said:

If you guys are Playoff leagues, I did some rankings for the entirety of the playoffs, weighted towards a Bills / Packers Super Bowl.

👉 Playoff Rankings

Wow.

I filled out a bracket and have it - game for game - exactly as you see it.

Which means you're screwed 😆

On 1/11/2022 at 8:39 PM, AxeElf said:

Chiefs - Mahomes

Cowboys - Prescott

Titans - Henry

Steelers - Harris

Arizona - Conner

Bills - Singletary

Rams - Kupp

Packers - Adams

Buccaneers - Evans

Bengals - Chase

49ers - Kittle

Raiders - Waller

Eagles - K

Patriots - D

I am entering a similar league, except with 1QB, 1TE, 4 FLEX - and only 12 players chosen. I agree with a lot of your picks, except that I am going Allen @ QB and Kelce as one of my FLEX.

On 1/11/2022 at 8:39 PM, AxeElf said:

Chiefs - Mahomes (42.1)

Cowboys - Prescott (24.4)

Titans - Henry (bye)

Steelers - Harris (4.8)

Arizona - Conner (9.4)

Bills - Singletary (24.4)

Rams - Kupp (17.1)

Packers - Adams (bye)

Buccaneers - Evans (26.7)

Bengals - Chase (22.9)

49ers - Kittle  Deebo (20)

Raiders - Waller (14.6)

Eagles - K (1)

Patriots - D (0)

I ended up joining a free contest at Full-Time Fantasy (basically just for game credit next year).  I don't know if it's the same one I had seen originally or not, but if it is, I remembered it a little differently.  I only needed 1 TE, instead of 2, but I needed 3 WRs instead of 2 (and it's full PPR scoring), so I made Deebo my 49er instead of Kittle.  Good call there, as I lost Prescott--but get to keep Deebo for at least one more week.

I got all of 1 point out of my K and D combined (lol), but the Bills D only got 7 points in this system, so the Pats din't kill me.  At least they din't get negative points.  Lost Conner, Harris and Waller, pretty much as expected, but at least Conner got me a TD and Waller put up decent points in their only appearances for Snake Pigsskin.

So I'm currently sitting 34th out of about 800 entries after Wild Card Weekend, with 207.4 points.  I'll have Kupp vs Adams and Deebo vs Evans next week for the right to move on in the NFC, and Mahomes vs Singletary and Chase vs Henry for the right to move on in the AFC.