Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

G-Men's next Head Coach

Golladay is a quitter 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Golladay is a quitter 

Yup.  He’s a dog until he shows different. I don’t know how much pride the guy has. I’ve never seen evidence of any. 

The G-Men have their GM - from Buffalo.  Can B. Daboll be far behind??

Giants hired former Bills assistant GM Joe Schoen as general manager. 

Schoen was always the frontrunner for the Giants general manager job as the organization tries to wash itself of the failed Gettleman-Judge regime. Schoen, 42, has helped create one of the league's best, most well-rounded rosters in Buffalo, and will now be tasked with revamping a Giants roster with some promise, including Daniel Jones, Saquon Barkley, Kadarius Toney, and Kenny Golladay. Next up will be the Giants' search for a head coach. Look for the team to pursue Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, though there's reportedly not a "package deal" in place alongside Schoen. 

Yawn same ol sorry arse Gmen.  He can’t play Qb nor wr nor rb nor def. 

Why would anyone want this job. It's a no win situation. QB blows.

Golladay is a low tolerance for pain bum. Felt great the day I traded him and I got nothing in return. Just watching him do nothing on another team made it a great trade.

2 hours ago, lod001 said:

Why would anyone want this job

Because if you win in NY you are the king of the world. Some people like the ultimate challenge, instead of going with the safe play. Giants have 2 draft picks in the top ten, that can also be an enticement…

3 hours ago, lod001 said:

Golladay is a low tolerance for pain bum. Felt great the day I traded him and I got nothing in return. Just watching him do nothing on another team made it a great trade.

Winner

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Because if you win in NY you are the king of the world. Some people like the ultimate challenge, instead of going with the safe play. Giants have 2 draft picks in the top ten, that can also be an enticement…

😴

4 hours ago, lod001 said:

Golladay is a low tolerance for pain bum.

I dont know about  that, but there are definitely some players who can play through injuries and some who cannot.

Diggs was a player I had in my keeper league early in his career, and I traded him away because I felt he was a guy who cannot play through injury.   

when healthy hes as good as anyone out there, but when dinged up he just doesnt produce like he normally does.   I have not looked into the Golladay injuries but now that you have mentioned it, I think it is time to do so.   what I really want to figure out is if it is a character thing or an injury thing.

people can learn to play through injury, but character is something you have or you dont.  Its not something you can easily learn or be taught.

I agree people with character can rub off on those around them so to some degree it can be learned but only to a limited degree I think.

5 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I dont know about  that, but there are definitely some players who can play through injuries and some who cannot.

Diggs was a player I had in my keeper league early in his career, and I traded him away because I felt he was a guy who cannot play through injury.   

when healthy hes as good as anyone out there, but when dinged up he just doesnt produce like he normally does.   I have not looked into the Golladay injuries but now that you have mentioned it, I think it is time to do so.   what I really want to figure out is if it is a character thing or an injury thing.

people can learn to play through injury, but character is something you have or you dont.  Its not something you can easily learn or be taught.

I agree people with character can rub off on those around them so to some degree it can be learned but only to a limited degree I think.

Golladay has no desire to be the best he can be, he’s a quitter. 

The Giants Jimmy and Joe problem is a bigger issue than their X and O problem. 

Well, at least the Giants pay their bills...

The Giants have almost as much talent as the Bills; it was always just going wonky for some reason and they could never all stay healthy.  There could be some real fantasy gold on this team next year, given the substantial discounts most of their skill players will likely be sporting.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

The Giants have almost as much talent as the Bills; it was always just going wonky for some reason and they could never all stay healthy.  There could be some real fantasy gold on this team next year, given the substantial discounts most of their skill players will likely be sporting.

Didn’t you say this about 2021 also? I think Golladay has no desire to play at a high level, I think Barkely can’t stay healthy, and D Jones stinks. The hiring of these two coaches from the Bills might also be fools gold.  

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

This might turn out to be significant... the former Bills brass wasting no time in snapping up this "flash in the pan" RB from the Bills...

Antonio Williams Signs with the Giants

So what do you think, 1/2 point ppr is he a rb1? 

Well, *I* am excited for next season.  Daniel Jones showed that he could play at this level  - in 2019, with Pat Shurmur, an offensive mind for the 21st Century.  In 13 starts, he put up 3,027 yards with 24 TDs, and another 2 rushing TDs (TB coming-out game).  The NYG have better skill players in 2022 - so we should see some progression.

The NYG were decimated by injuries in 2021.  *I* also think whoever they hire as a strength and conditioning coach will be key.  Maybe reach out to the Bosa brothers, and see what they do for flexibility / stretching exercises?

4 hours ago, Bills04 said:

Well, *I* am excited for next season.  Daniel Jones showed that he could play at this level  - in 2019, with Pat Shurmur, an offensive mind for the 21st Century.  In 13 starts, he put up 3,027 yards with 24 TDs, and another 2 rushing TDs (TB coming-out game).  The NYG have better skill players in 2022 - so we should see some progression.

The NYG were decimated by injuries in 2021.  *I* also think whoever they hire as a strength and conditioning coach will be key.  Maybe reach out to the Bosa brothers, and see what they do for flexibility / stretching exercises?

The NY Giants have lost more player time due to injury than any other team since 2009. I know someone has to be last, but it sucks to be last. 

5 hours ago, Bills04 said:

What better skill players in 2022? 

On 1/22/2022 at 9:50 AM, lod001 said:

because it's an NFL head coaching job and they are in limited supply? 

no, i don't buy that anyone really cares about the "challenge: of new york. In the NFL its as challenging or more so to take over Dallas or Pitt. 

18 hours ago, AxeElf said:

like Daniel Jones this year, amirite?

42 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

like Daniel Jones this year, amirite?

Daniel Jones every year so far.  He would be a part of that talent to which I alluded.  It will be fun to see what a competent coach (and healthy players) can do.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Daniel Jones every year so far.  He would be a part of that talent to which I alluded.  It will be fun to see what a competent coach (and healthy players) can do.

Which ones will be the healthy ones. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Which ones will be the healthy ones. 

Our best WR will be Toney next year. I’m targeting him and will draft well before ADP

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

They can start with a Tight end who can catch the ball and run, not one or the other. 

I'm way more concerned about the OL than the skill players. Last 2 years their OL has ranked 31st and 30th respectively by PFF. Fix the damn line and I'd wager the skill players will look a whole lot better.

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

I'm way more concerned about the OL than the skill players. Last 2 years their OL has ranked 31st and 30th respectively by PFF. Fix the damn line and I'd wager the skill players will look a whole lot better.

I anxiously await the day that Golladay is shown the door. What an absolutely horrible signing. Gettleman left behind that booby trap and a line that still needs rebuilding four years after he said he would be rebuilding it. One out of five starting caliber lineman and they had to spend a high draft pick on him. 

2 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Our best WR will be Toney next year. I’m targeting him and will draft well before ADP

Would agree he’s their best wr, what ranking wou,d you give him? A wr4? 

And how do you know based on last season he can be and will stay healthy? 

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

I don’t see better.  

53 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They can start with a Tight end who can catch the ball and run, not one or the other. 

As I recall axe said going into last season how great Engram was going to be. 

Not so much.  

19 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I don’t see better.  

As I recall axe said going into last season how great Engram was going to be. 

Not so much.  

Should have asked me. Or anyone who has watched more than one or two Giants games. 

Easy to figure that out on my own, three ff teams I didn’t own one player from the Gmen.  None where worthy for my teams, and it worked.  

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

Easy to figure that out on my own, three ff teams I didn’t own one player from the Gmen.  None where worthy for my teams, and it worked.  

If you need any help next year hit me up. I usually start getting into it in mid June. 

11 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If you need any help next year hit me up. I usually start getting into it in mid June. I 

When it comes time to draft a kicker I’ll ask you.