Sign in to follow this  
Bills04

G-Men's next Head Coach

On 1/30/2022 at 7:34 PM, weepaws said:

When it comes time to draft a kicker I’ll ask you. 

Kicker? People still use kickers? 

I knew there was something all white about the Gmen.  

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2022 at 7:50 AM, lod001 said:

Why would anyone want this job. It's a no win situation. QB blows.

Golladay is a low tolerance for pain bum. Felt great the day I traded him and I got nothing in return. Just watching him do nothing on another team made it a great trade.

considering what he did towards the end of the season, you didn't hurt yourself.  He did nothing.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2022 at 5:12 PM, jrokh said:

I'm way more concerned about the OL than the skill players. Last 2 years their OL has ranked 31st and 30th respectively by PFF. Fix the damn line and I'd wager the skill players will look a whole lot better.

True.

Any QB good enough to start should put up decent numbers if they actually have time to throw the ball.

its the special QB's who still light you up when the line is crappy.   Those are rare.

in this case the poor line play has likely hindered the development of a lot of young offensive players (including the QB)

The Giants have a fair number of high draft picks in this draft if my memory serves me......If they are smart, they use a combo of free agents and draft picks to fix this.   it can be done.

25 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

True.

Any QB good enough to start should put up decent numbers if they actually have time to throw the ball.

its the special QB's who still light you up when the line is crappy.   Those are rare.

in this case the poor line play has likely hindered the development of a lot of young offensive players (including the QB)

The Giants have a fair number of high draft picks in this draft if my memory serves me......If they are smart, they use a combo of free agents and draft picks to fix this.   it can be done.

#5 and # 7 pick. The cap is a disaster. It’s gonna take a few years. 

Ugh, regarding the cap: The New York Giants will carry over just under $14000 in unused salary cap space into 2022, the league's lowest amount (by far)..

4 hours ago, Bills04 said:

Ugh, regarding the cap: The New York Giants will carry over just under $14000 in unused salary cap space into 2022, the league's lowest amount (by far)..

wow, having this bad a team while being tight to the cap.... thats bad news.

The Giants did win the same number of games that the Bengals won the year before THEY went to the Super Bowl... so there's that.

12 hours ago, Ray_T said:

True.

What are the examples that they are good at drafting? 

5 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I dont know that the issue is drafting.   at one point the giants signed Nate Solder and drafted Will Hernandez.   and for the first 2 years they were decent and it looked like this line was gonna be good.   then the coaching change came and suddenly they were no good anymore.

makes me think it was more a coaching/player development issue than it was a drafting issue.

I'm not suggesting the giants are a great drafting team but usually when drafting at the top half of round 1 (if you are not picking a QB), the player is usually a plug and play starter.  

At worst, they are ready to start within a year.

That said I dont know for sure what the solution is here.  but you cant sit and do nothing.

you gotta draft the best player on the board if you can, and the area that seems to be on fire the most is the O line. (though I think they need players in other areas too)

my thought is if drafting for O line, you dont need to spend a top 10 pick on one. you can trade down to the back half of round 1 get yourself an extra 2nd round pick (or trade down for two low first round picks if possible.... the price to move up in the draft changes yearly)  and then spend those on O line. 

so there are other ways to solve this.

maybe a good line coach can get Hernandez and Solder back on track.   Solder was an all star Tackle at one point in his career.    Though hes getting older now (34 I think) so it may be prudent to think he cant be rehabbed at this age. (but you should try)   but Hernandez is a project I think is worthwhile.

The three candidates for the new Giants OC job are:

Pep Hamilton, QB Coach/Passing Game Coordinator of the Texans (was QB coach of the Chargers last year)

Mike Kafka, QB Coach/Passing Game Coordinator of the Chiefs

Chad O'Shea, WR Coach/Passing Game Coordinator of the Browns.

One of these things is not like the others...

Who would you want developing Daniel Jones--guys who worked with Justin Herbert, DeShaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes, or a guy who couldn't figure out how to get the ball to OBJ?

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Passing on Justin Fields 

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2022 at 11:30 AM, AxeElf said:

The three candidates for the new Giants OC job are:

Pep Hamilton, QB Coach/Passing Game Coordinator of the Texans (was QB coach of the Chargers last year)

Mike Kafka, QB Coach/Passing Game Coordinator of the Chiefs

Chad O'Shea, WR Coach/Passing Game Coordinator of the Browns.

One of these things is not like the others...

Who would you want developing Daniel Jones--guys who worked with Justin Herbert, DeShaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes, or a guy who couldn't figure out how to get the ball to OBJ?

Well, at least they din't screw THAT up, in theory...

But apparently the new Giants GM doesn't want the new Giants head coach to call plays, and Kafka has not traditionally been a play-caller either--so they may have great coaching, but nobody to axually call the plays...

Still, the coaching tree is looking very good for the Giants' offensive prospects next season.

Chiefs QB Coach Mike Kafka headed to NYG to be Offensive Coordinator.

42 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Chiefs QB Coach Mike Kafka headed to NYG to be Offensive Coordinator.

You don't really read the thread before you post in it, huh...