Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

CNN lost 90% of its audience since 2021

Recommended Posts

On 1/13/2022 at 2:18 PM, GutterBoy said:

CNN is clearly sh!tty.  So is foxnews.  However you can't get rid of one without the other.  There really is no good outlet for fair and honest reporting.  We're kinda forced to consume both to get the real story, or just ignore them both.

I don't think this statement is as valid as you want or think, it is.  CNN's numbers have been dropping and Fox New's numbers are going up.  If you couldn't have one without the other, they'd both be dropping.

Also, 80% of the national media is left wing.  Fox is the only real "main stream" conservative network.  They don't need CNN as long as ABC, NBC, MSNBC, & CBS are still around.  If CNN literally went out if business and stopped all programming completely, Fox News will still be the #1 News network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I get watching the local news

You think there's a difference between what you get on your local news and what you get in CNN?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

You think there's a difference between what you get on your local news and what you get in CNN?  

Yeah, local news.  What's going on in the community.  Local weather and sports.  Not national news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah, local news.  What's going on in the community.  Local weather and sports.  Not national news.

LOL.  I've watched the local Philadelphia news.  It's 3 minutes on weather, 3 minutes on sports and 35 minutes on "social justice" points.  The rest of the hour are commercials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah, local news.  What's going on in the community.  Local weather and sports.  Not national news.

So you’re uninformed about national news. Got it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think CNN is starved for Trump.  He was a boon to them.  It was a really odd relationship since he was often bashing the hell out of them, and they him.....each found considerable value from this intense conflict.

Now CNN has little to entertain the masses with, and is suffering. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I think CNN is starved for Trump.  He was a boon to them.  It was a really odd relationship since he was often bashing the hell out of them, and they him.....each found considerable value from this intense conflict.

Now CNN has little to entertain the masses with, and is suffering. 

 

Trump to CNN and MSNBC was like Eddie Murphy on SNL. He was all they had and he was in nearly every sketch. When he left they had nothing for a long time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Trump to CNN and MSNBC was like Eddie Murphy on SNL. He was all they had and he was in nearly every sketch. When he left they had nothing for a long time. 

Just goes to show what their viewers were all about. Liberals love to hate. They live for it. And that's what cnn was all about when Trump was in office. Now that their voters got their dream come true, they realize after this mess of a year, that they prefer hibernating than cheering on creepy joe. The guy has been president for a year and even the lefties here still can hardly utter a word about that incompetent ass.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I think CNN is starved for Trump.  He was a boon to them.  It was a really odd relationship since he was often bashing the hell out of them, and they him.....each found considerable value from this intense conflict.

Now CNN has little to entertain the masses with, and is suffering. 

 

Which is why they are beating the Jan. 6th horse to death. They have nothing else. They can't report on FJB or kamalatoe because there is nothing positive with those 2 retards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did watch Brianna Keller get wiped out by a guest earlier this week as she tried some fake news and he set her straight. Everything she blurted out a lie, he corrected her. Won't see him on that channel again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL.  I've watched the local Philadelphia news.  It's 3 minutes on weather, 3 minutes on sports and 35 minutes on "social justice" points.  The rest of the hour are commercials.

I don't know about Philly, but I've read that in the 1990's most local news stations drastically increased the amount of time devoted to weather. They realized mostly older demographics watch local news, and that demographic particularly loves weather reports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Which is why they are beating the Jan. 6th horse to death. They have nothing else. They can't report on FJB or kamalatoe because there is nothing positive with those 2 retards.

I'm so pissed at those focking idiots running around the capital taking selfies. It was so obvious what the democrats would do by latching onto it for as long as they can. "Peaceful meaningful protests" all 2020. "Insurrection" embellishments on every day in their rants since 2021 started.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I don't know about Philly, but I've read that in the 1990's most local news stations drastically increased the amount of time devoted to weather. They realized mostly older demographics watch local news, and that demographic particularly loves weather reports.

LOL, that wasn't my point.  My point was that the local news spends substantially more time on what they "think" is "news" and very little time on other stuff.  Sure, the time may be 7 minutes for weather and 5 minutes for sports (more or less depending on what's going on), and the rest of it is still what they call "news".  But even still, the time on weather is only impacted more in the winter.  In the summer, do you need more than 2 minutes to say: "It's going to be 95 degrees and humid all week.  Back to you Bob."?  The non-weather/sports info, even though it may be local, is still slanted hard left.  It's still the same message as CNN and alike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, that wasn't my point.  My point was that the local news spends substantially more time on what they "think" is "news" and very little time on other stuff.  Sure, the time may be 7 minutes for weather and 5 minutes for sports (more or less depending on what's going on), and the rest of it is still what they call "news".  But even still, the time on weather is only impacted more in the winter.  In the summer, do you need more than 2 minutes to say: "It's going to be 95 degrees and humid all week.  Back to you Bob."?  The non-weather/sports info, even though it may be local, is still slanted hard left.  It's still the same message as CNN and alike.

Weather is extremely important here in Iowa. Farmers schedule their day on it. Severe weather is always a good possibility. The weather is always top of mind in the Midwest. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah, local news.  What's going on in the community.  Local weather and sports.  Not national news.

Figured you were just a Maddow/MSNBC type gal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BirdGang said:

Figured you were just a Maddow/MSNBC type gal. 

Lol. Yeah right. I don’t watch any of that crap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Yeah, local news.  What's going on in the community.  Local weather and sports.  Not national news.

LMFAO. I had to stop watching my local news years ago. Straight from CNN talking points in between weather and sports 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shorepatrol said:

LMFAO. I had to stop watching my local news years ago. Straight from CNN talking points in between weather and sports 

I was referring to the actual local news coverage, not the political talking points. Stuff like weather, sports and current events. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I was referring to the actual local news coverage, not the political talking points. Stuff like weather, sports and current events. 

It's almost like you didn't read my comment

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Local news just seems mostly to be a local police blotter.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2022 at 7:26 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

Weather is extremely important here in Iowa. Farmers schedule their day on it. Severe weather is always a good possibility. The weather is always top of mind in the Midwest. 

Yeah, I'm sure it is.  Here in South Jersey (Philadelphia local news), as long as we don't get a lot of snow, weather doesn't need to be more than "It's 90 all week people", or "It's 25 all week people".  Rain is a "Hey, we might get some rain tomorrow".  They spend more time on sports during the MLB All-Star break than they do on the weather.  Outside of that 5-10 minutes between the two, the rest is affiliate "news" coverage where you get leftist talking points no different than what you'd hear on MSNBC or CNN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×