Sign in to follow this  
"Quantum Leap" reboot set at NBC with pilot order...

https://deadline.com/2022/01/quantum-leap-reboot-nbc-pilot-order-sequel-scott-bakula-steven-lilien-and-bryan-wynbrandt-1234912430/

Quantum Leap’s long-rumored return has taken a big leap toward becoming a reality. NBC has given a pilot order to a reboot of the beloved 1990s sci-fi series, which starred Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell.

Written/executive produced by La Brea co-showrunners Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt and executive produced by Blindspot creator Martin Gero as well as Quantum Leap creator/EP Don Bellisario and EP/co-narrator Deborah Pratt, the followup series is set in present time. It’s been 30 years since Dr. Sam Beckett (Bakula) stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished. Now a new team has been assembled to restart the project in the hopes of understanding the mysteries behind the machine and the man who created it.

Bakula is not currently attached to the new Quantum Leap to reprise his role or produce but is aware of the reboot and has had conversations about getting potentially involved. Bakula’s co-lead on the original series, Stockwell, died in November at age 85.

The pilot is produced by Universal Television, a division of Universal Studio Group, with Lilien and Wynbrandt exec producing for their I Have an Idea! Entertainment, Bellisario for his Belisarius Productions and Gero via his Quinn’s House Productions.

The original NBC series, which aired 97 episodes from 1989-93 featured Bakula’s physicist and inadvertent Sam Beckett time-hop through various eras by “leaping” into the bodies of other people. Stockwell played Sam Beckett’s sidekick, Admiral Al Calavicci, who appeared as a hologram to guide him through the weekly adventures.

Quantum Leap is one of the marquee titles in the Universal TV library, whose reboot has been a priority for years and attempted multiple times to date.

Bakula last fall told the late Bob Saget on his podcast that there were “very significant conversations” about a Quantum Leap reboot.

“The rights were a mess for years. I don’t know if they’re even sorted out now. That’s always been the biggest complication,” he said back then, adding that he had spoken occasionally to series creator Bellisario over the years about a potential comeback, “and he would always say, ‘I can’t write it without thinking of you and Dean.’”

Lilien and Wynbrandt serve as executive producers and co-showrunners alongside creator/showrunner David Appelbaum on the NBC/Uni TV drama series La Brea. They previously created, executive produced and served as showrunners on dramedy God Friended Me, which ran for two seasons on CBS, with the duo directing the series finale. They were honored with the 2019 Humanitas Prize for their work on the series. The pair also co-created Fox’s Alcatraz. They are repped by CAA, Range Media Partners and attorney Todd Rubenstein at Morris Yorn.

It's going to be woke garbage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Without even reading what the link says, I won't be watching because they're going to libtard it up like MacGyver.  So, no thanks.

23 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

Precisely what I was thinking and it’ll bomb. Then they’ll claim racism or sexism or bigotry. You KNOW they’ll have a lgbtq character in it. Gotta check the minority boxes cause “rEpReSenTaTioN mAttErS” :rolleyes:

Always Sunny already did a reboot.  What are the rules???

12 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

Precisely what I was thinking and it’ll bomb. Then they’ll claim racism or sexism or bigotry. You KNOW they’ll have a lgbtq character in it. Gotta check the minority boxes cause “rEpReSenTaTioN mAttErS” :rolleyes:

Al will be a black transvestite who wears a cape. Sam will probably be an asian woman lesbian. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Al will be a black transvestite who wears a cape. Sam will probably be an asian woman lesbian. 

no, the new sam will be a guy jumping into womens bodies and having sex with other men and suddenly liking it.

"ziggy says there is a 98% probability that you will leap if you take it in butt from that guy over there.  And i DONT mean warp to a new moment in time."

37 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Without even reading what the link says, I won't be watching because they're going to libtard it up like MacGyver.  So, no thanks.

This blew my mind that they made MacGyver of all things like this. They have yet to learn that nobody wants to watch liberal woke garbage. EVERYTHING they’ve done like that has been cancelled and viewers have complained that it’s dumb. Yet they kept dragging out the liberal ideals and put them in shows that no one wants to watch 

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

no, the new sam will be a guy jumping into womens bodies and having sex with other men and suddenly liking it.

Oh God. That WILL happen. 😣

Sex change transition period in the middle of season 3.

https://tvline.com/2022/06/29/quantum-leap-plot-details-nbc-reboot/

We’re finally getting a clearer picture of NBC’s forthcoming Quantum Leap reboot.

On Wednesday, the network announced that the series will premiere on Monday, Sept. 19 at 10/9c (leading out of The Voice). In tandem with that news, greater detail was shared about the plot.

Previously, in addition to any character breakdowns, it was only said that “it has been 30 years since Dr. Sam Beckett (played by Scott Bakula in the original series) stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished. Now a new team has been assembled to restart the project in the hopes of understanding the mysteries behind the machine, and the man who created it.”

But as released by NBC this week, a more thorough synopsis makes clear what the entire cast of characters back home will be up to, while its new Leaper … leaps:

“It’s been nearly 30 years since Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished. Now, a new team, led by physicist Ben Song (played by Kevin Can F**k Himself‘s Raymond Lee), has been assembled to restart the project in hope of understanding the mysteries behind the machine and the man who created it.

Everything changes, however, when Ben makes an unauthorized leap into the past, leaving the team behind to solve the mystery of why he did it. At Ben’s side throughout his leaps is Addison (Caitlin Bassett), who appears in the form of a hologram only Ben can see and hear. She’s a decorated Army veteran who brings level-headed precision to her job.”

“At the helm of the highly confidential operation is Herbert ‘Magic’ Williams (Grace and Frankie‘s Ernie Hudson), a no-nonsense career military man who has to answer to his bosses who won’t be happy once they learn about the breach of protocol. (Magic is also clearly an older adult version of a character Sam Beckett interacted with in Vietnam, back in the day.) The rest of the team at headquarters includes Ian Wright (Cowboy Bebop‘s Mason Alexander Park), who runs the Artificial Intelligence unit ‘Ziggy,’ and Jenn Chou (Bosch‘s Nanrisa Lee), who heads up digital security for the project.”

“As Ben leaps from life to life, putting right what once went wrong, it becomes clear that he and the team are on a thrilling journey. However, Addison, Magic, Ian and Jenn know that if they are going to solve the mystery of Ben’s leap and bring him home, they must act fast or lose him forever.”

Writing duo Steven Lilien and Bryan Wynbrandt (God Friended Me, Gotham) will pen the reboot and executive-produce alongside Don Bellisario and Deborah Pratt (who served as writers on the OG show) and Martin Gero (Stargate: Atlantis, Kung Fu).

On 1/13/2022 at 5:21 PM, Cdub100 said:

You called it!!

4 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

You called it!!

I wish I wasn't right.

On 1/13/2022 at 5:46 PM, Djgb13 said:

:wave: 

• Like 1