Sign in to follow this  
avoiding injuries

Child Tax “Credit”

59 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I don’t pay enough through the year.  I always owe the IRS.  The money I received is just more I have to pay in.  In other words, I owe it back since I use the deduction as a deduction.  Not to supplement my income monthly.

Isn’t that essentially the same as just not getting as big of a refund as usual?

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Isn’t that essentially the same as just not getting as big of a refund as usual?

I’d rather not get it than get it to give it back. The process to not get it was the suck.

19 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

You're a liberal. You vote to reward laziness. That may be the dumbest sh!t you've ever said. 

You're an idiot. 

11 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

As indicated earlier.  THE PROCESS TO OPT OUT WAS A COMPLETE PAIN IN THE ASS.

I didn't have to go through it, but I don't doubt that one bit.

That's why Gladiator had what seemed like the right idea: "It should have been an opt-in to receive it in my opinion"

But that wouldn't have worked either. We all know that as we get closer to April, data would come out showing a disproportionately large percentage of certain 'groups' never received the payments they were eligible for because they didn't take the time to opt in. Others have already mentioned this, but Democrats would then swoop in so they could look like heroes. 

Where many of us here would say, tough !@#$, you didn't fill out the paperwork required to receive this, so you're !@#$ out of luck, Democrats would use it for political gain.

2 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Where many of us here would say, tough !@#$, you didn't fill out the paperwork required to receive this, so you're !@#$ out of luck, Democrats would use it for political gain.

But we aren't going to say tough s#%* you didn't fill out the paperwork required to opt out?

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

But we aren't going to say tough s#%* you didn't fill out the paperwork required to opt out?

Voting rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!