Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

Yale history professor Timothy Snyder told Insider he fears American democracy may not survive another Trump campaign

Dear Lord. This indoctrination of college students is focking way out of control. This guy calls himself an EXPERT. :doh:

So one of two things. He's is a complete retard, or, he is pushing his far left liberal agenda on the students purposefully for some stupid evil reasons. Probably both.

What the hell does he mean "if the coup was successful" on the January 6 [selfiefest]? He's calling it a "failed coup". 

• Timothy Snyder is a history professor at Yale University and an expert on the rise of authoritarianism.
  • Snyder is the author of "The Road to Unfreedom: Russia, Europe, America," among other books.
  • He spoke to Insider about what he sees as grave threats to democracy in the United States.

Timothy Snyder does not want to be a downer, he says, but he is not feeling too optimistic about America these days. A history professor at Yale University, and the author of a series of books on authoritarianism and the road to tyranny, he looks at the United States these days and wonders if the country as we know it will still exist in a few years.

In a recent article — marking one year since a former president, who lost an election, sought to thwart the peaceful transfer of power — Snyder painted a grim scenario where something like the January 6 insurrection had succeeded. How would the country, and the rest of the world, react to the installation of a leader who clearly did not win?

Unfortunately, that scenario is not one that is just in the rearview mirror. It's also one that is right in front of us. The problem with a failed coup, which is what January 6th, 2021, is, is that it is practice for a successful coup. So what we're looking at now is a kind of slow-motion practice for a repetition of all of that, but this time with the legal parts of it more fully prepared. What I'm afraid of is that now, in the shadow of a big lie — namely, that Trump actually won — the states are preparing the legal steps that will enable Trump to be installed as president the next time around. And that in turn will lead to a terrible sort of conflict, the kind that we haven't seen before. 

I quit reading at this point but you liberals out there can just soak this up while you masturbate to your pictures of creepy joe.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/yale-history-professor-timothy-snyder-told-insider-he-fears-american-democracy-may-not-survive-another-trump-campaign/ar-AASNehr?li=BBnb7Kz

Joe’s wannabe kid. Someone has to be the glass licker educated placaters. 

10 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Well, America the country may not survive through the Biden “Presidency”. We may never know. 

This,

Biden is easily the worst president in our lifetime (for those who do not directly remember Nixon).  I just dont understand the fear mongering around Trump. I have yet to read or hear one decent point as to why he was not effective, or even bad.  Of course I think many are caught up in the fake impeachment nonsense. 

Establishment Leftoids are panicking, getting desperate, and losing their marbles as their chokehold steam engine hisses, leaks and backfires. Who knows what depths  they are willing to go to in order doing to retain power.

46 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Chris Cuomo went to Yale. 

My daughter was considering Yale, so glad she went to a service academy instead.

I think we can trace some of the worst ideas from leftists back to these institutions. 

24 minutes ago, RLLD said:

My daughter was considering Yale, so glad she went to a service academy instead.

I think we can trace some of the worst ideas from leftists back to these institutions. 

“In every disaster throughout American History, there always seems to be a Harvard man in the middle of it” - Thomas Sowell. 

Jews should be forbidden from writing about Democracy. They don't know what it is and don't like the thought of it.