Sign in to follow this  
Utilit99

30 things that should be more socially acceptable

Have to work the overnight part to monitor a 24 hour test we are doing at work. Test is going so well it's boring as hell. So I saw one of these stupid scroll through lists for the hell of it. 30 things they think should be socially acceptable. I'll spare you all the write ups they have for all of these but added my own comments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the surface level, we live in a modern, progressive age, ungoverned by the pointless rules and traditions of the past. Women can drink pints, men can wear eyeliner, and living in a van that has a bed and a hotplate is a coveted lifestyle. In reality, the ideals of our ancestors are so deeply engrained that they affect our behavior in ways we don't even understand.

If you notice someone eating dinner alone at a restaurant, do you feel a little bit sorry for them and assume they're lonely? If you see a beautiful woman on the street who clearly isn't wearing a bra, do you secretly judge her and assume she's trying to look sexy? These are things we need to free ourselves from.

Women having body hair:       Only if it's between the legs and on the head except for anything below the nose line.

Men crying:       If a guy's wife or kid unexpectedly dies, or some other personal tragedy, hell yeah. Any other reason fock off.

Not wanting kids:           Definitely acceptable. Especially poor people who can't afford them or are shltty people to begin with.

Breastfeeding in public:          I don't care. But not in restaurants or the like though.

Going braless:        For 18-50 year old hot women, perfectly fine, the rest, no thanks.

Being a virgin:           Who cares unless it's your girlfriend of 5 years. 

Repeating outfits:           What do I care?

Men wearing women's clothing:            Wrong and go to hell for even putting this on the list.

Having an STD:           "Hey son, come meet one of my friends from work."   "Hi, it's nice to meet you. Dad mentioned you a few times. I have an STD."   :doh:

Friendship breakups:        WTF? If you have a friend you don't want to hang around with anymore, and you call it a break up, then God help you. 

Not wearing makeup:             Depends on the girl. And guys who wear makeup, unless it's for making a movie or whatever, no please.

Being single as an adult:              Why do I care?

Taking yourself on a date:              If you do that and are calling it that, you are ghey. 

Saying no to an invitation:                 When did that not become acceptable? Jeez. This is how it works. "No thanks. I have other stuff to do."

Not having to explain your choices:                  Solely depends on what your choices were.  If you choose to take PTO, no one's business why but your own. You loot a store or hurt someone on purpose, speak up or you are out.

Going to the cinema alone:                         Who cares about that? Weird.

Average body types in fashion:                    If you are talking big round women, and about a business selling clothes to them, then you have to do this. Otherwise, no thanks. If you are talking about truly average chicks, I don't care.

Not drinking:                   Does anyone except for stupid people in their late teens/early 20s give a shlt? 

Talking about mental health and going to therapy:                 If you are messed up in the head in one way or another, it should be a requirement.

Talking about periods:        If female, and you talk to your doctor or your mom or girlfriend if they even care, fine by me. To anyone else, screw off. 

Being an introvert:                        Since when was this not socially acceptable except for deranged phychos thinking so. 

Sex education:                Hell no in public schools these days. I have a solution for this. Reach out to every kid's parents, and tell them to teach their own kids about sex. Fail the kid if the parents don't sign a letter saying that they did it. 

Living with parents as an adult:                  I'm sure we have a few liberals here who can tell us their personal stories. Otherwise, why do I care?

Kids misbehaving in public:                    Hell no. Not acceptable. I don't need to be listening to other people's screaming kids in any setting.

Saying "I love you" to friends:                I don't care.

Tattoos and piercings in professional settings:            The owners/boss gets to decide that. Not the employee. They don't own the business.

Kids playing with whatever toys they want:                    No.

Going to community college:                 For any person coming out of high school and doesn't know the heck they want to do in life, I highly recommend this. No matter what anyone says about it.

Talking about our pay:                               At work or out ?  Hell no. Rubbing your salary in someone's face, stupid.

Talking to kids about important issues:                         First off, give up the topic and age. Otherwise there is no right answer to that generic description.  

3 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

31 - shaming people for posting a dumass “scroll thru list”😀

Go ahead. I don't care. 8 hours into an 11 hour overnight shift with nothing to do except take a couple notes here and there.  :dunno:

The body hair on women topic interests me. I abide by our modern standards. Shaved legs, pits, etc. is "nicer" than otherwise to my aesthetic.

But I do wonder how much of that is convention by conditioning. And particularly for men to desire no body hair. If you were born into a world where women didn't remove their body hair, never knew otherwise, would it be gross? I think it would be absolutely neutral.

It's a chore, so it would be cool to have no desire to do it. Practically speaking, there's good reasons it grows, too.

2 minutes ago, naomi said:

The body hair on women topic interests me. I abide by our modern standards. Shaved legs, pits, etc. is "nicer" than otherwise to my own aesthetic.

But I do wonder how much of that is convention and conditioning. And particularly for men to desire no body hair. If you were born into a world where women didn't shave their body hair, never knew otherwise, would the body hair be gross?

It's a chore, so it would be cool to have no desire to do it. Practically speaking, there's good reasons it grows, too.

Yeah.  It helps keep you warm in the cave.  Fortunately, we don't live in caves any more so shave it. 

Temperature regulation. Bug deterrent.

Re: pit and genital hair-

"Both of those areas are sites of scent-releasing organs called apocrine glands. The odorous chemicals that the glands emit are unique to every person and may help attract members of the opposite sex, like pheromones in other animals. The hair in those areas traps and amplifies those odors, like loudspeakers that amplify your body's chemical siren song of attraction."

"Our hair still plays a very important role in regulating our body temperature. When it's cold outside, tiny muscles surrounding the hair follicle cause the hairs to stand up, to trap more heat near the body."

4 minutes ago, naomi said:

"Both of those areas are sites of scent-releasing organs called apocrine glands. The odorous chemicals that the glands emit are unique to every person and may help attract members of the opposite sex, like pheromones in other animals. The hair in those areas traps and amplifies those odors, like loudspeakers that amplify your body's chemical siren song of attraction."

You go ahead and amplify your odors and the rest of us will stay away.  

12 minutes ago, naomi said:

"Our hair still plays a very important role in regulating our body temperature. When it's cold outside, tiny muscles surrounding the hair follicle cause the hairs to stand up, to trap more heat near the body."

We've evolved past that and invented jackets a few hundred thousands years ago.  

15 minutes ago, naomi said:

Temperature regulation. Bug deterrents.

I hate when women shave their personal bits. Always thought they were way more sexy with the hair down there. I could even get past the pits having a little hair. 

But hairy legs? No chance. I had a close female friend back in the 90s who told me once that she hates shaving her legs more than anything. She said she was happy that her boyfriend didn't care if she didn't shave her legs in the winter seasons. In the summer, she wanted to shave them for the look. 

2 minutes ago, naomi said:

Fock off Bigfoot, I can pay to heat the place 

Prevent chafing.

^The last guy I dated really liked my scent. He subscribed to that actually being pretty meaningful. And I'm not talking unhealthy vs. healthy, good hygiene vs. poor hygiene. Just distinct natural scent. I wonder what "amplifying it" would have done. 😊

I seriously don't know where the hell 'having and STD" should be socially acceptable. Is this something that is general news to everyone to know if you have one in the first place? You only tell people you are in a situation to pass it on to.

3 minutes ago, naomi said:

Prevent chafing.

^The last guy I dated really liked my scent. He subscribed to that actually being pretty meaningful. And I'm not talking unhealthy vs. healthy good hygiene vs. poor hygiene. Just distinct natural scent. I wonder what "amplifying it" would have done. 😊

Are you East Indian?

7 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

But hairy legs? No chance. I had a close female friend back in the 90s who told me once that she hates shaving he legs more than anything. She said she was happy that her boyfriend didn't care if she didn't shave her legs in the winter seasons. In the summer, she wanted to shave them for the look. 

I would appreciate a guy like that :ninja:

7 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

:D

6 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Are you East Indian?

No.

Same guy wore deodorant minimally (has a lifestyle where he can get away with that) and I tolerated his body odor when sweating more than I would tolerate most. It wasn't really bad. Yet I have been revolted by BO in different settings (interfacing with members of the public).

38 minutes ago, Strike said:

Yeah.  It helps keep you warm in the cave.  Fortunately, we don't live in caves any more so shave it. 

In fact, pubic and underarm hair actually aid in natural cooling by promoting airflow.

25 minutes ago, naomi said:

No.

Same guy wore deodorant minimally (has a lifestyle where he can get away with that) and I tolerated his body odor when sweating more than I would tolerate most. It wasn't really bad.

I've been pretty lucky as far as never needing deodorant in the past. I've never used it even once. Almost every one of my past girlfriends over the years has commented that they couldn't believe I never smelled of anything no matter how sweaty I was from working out or not having showered for a couple days for some reason.  The only odd thing that I had an issue about is if I wore black socks for a full day in shoes. Which I rarely ever had to do at the time. That could be stinky. Not a pleasant odor. Never once had one problem wearing regular white socks.. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

In fact, pubic and underarm hair actually aid in natural cooling by promoting airflow.

It also aides to promote dingle berries that may or may not smell like hammered azz 

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I've been pretty lucky as far as never needing deodorant in the past. I've never used it even once. Almost every one of my past girlfriends over the years has commented that they couldn't believe I never smelled of anything no matter how sweaty I was from working out or not having showed for a couple days for some reason.  The only odd thing that I had an issue about is if I wore black socks for a full day in shoes. Which I rarely ever had to do at the time. That could be stinky. Not a pleasant odor. Never once had one problem wearing regular white socks.. :dunno:

That's cool. Most antiperspirant/deodorants are probably unhealthy to be using often.

This guy did have a smell; it just wasn't personally off-putting.

Re: the socks, maybe it had to do with the fabric composition. White ones maybe 100% cotton; let your feet breathe.

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Guys can cry for sports stuff too

Only Brian's Song.  And the original.  Not the hack remake. 

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

What about all the liberal guys crying when killary clinton didn't win the election? :lol:

11 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I want to cry reading this thread about female body hair. 😢

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

Only Brian's Song.  And the original.  Not the hack remake. 

"I love Brian Piccolo." :thumbsup:

I never knew there was a remake. I'll never watch it. 

Iron covers :thumbsdown:

11 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

:lol:

Back handing parents who let their kids act up in public. 

12 hours ago, naomi said:

12 hours ago, naomi said:

No.

Same guy wore deodorant minimally (has a lifestyle where he can get away with that) and I tolerated his body odor when sweating more than I would tolerate most. It wasn't really bad. Yet I have been revolted by BO in different settings (interfacing with members of the public).

Long ago I read an article that postulated that our tolerance of a person's odor is correlated to genetic compatibility; that is, a person whose odor you find offensive is too close of a genetic match and thus your babies would be less diversified genetically.  I have no idea if that is true but to me it makes sense that a person I personally find offensive probably isn't that way to everyone, or else nobody would be with them.  Bad stink is pretty much at the top of the list of show-stoppers.