Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Eagles at Buccaneers: Wildcard Discussion

Inactives

Eagles: QB Reid Sinnett, DB Andre Chachere, Rb Jason Huntley, DB Kary Vincent, CB Tay Gowan, G Nate Herbig, DE Josh Sweat

Buccaneers: CB Sean Murphy-Bunting, RB Kenjon Barner, TE Codey McElroy, QB Kyle Trask, OL Nick Leverett; RB Ronald Jones, WR Cyril Grayson

Have to wonder if no Godwin/AB/Fournette becomes a big factor in this one. Slay on Evans. Perriman and Tyler Johnson need to step up at least somewhat 

I just checked the Iggles game log. They didn’t beat a single team that made the playoffs. New Orleans and Denver are their only “signature” wins…

Wirfs can't even put weight on his right leg.  I wonder why he's trying to play.

Maybe he's worried Arians will cut him mid-game.

Eagles would've been better served with a pre-game forfeit rather than this debacle of a performance. They didn't belong in this arena...

2 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Don't think we need 14 teams in the playoffs. 12 is just fine.

He’s unstoppable. :dunno:

The playoffs our now more watered down then the regular season, or a best ball league , they need to drop the number one playoff teams to 8 total.  

17 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Don't think we need 14 teams in the playoffs. 12 is just fine.

Yeah, they had it right with 12.  I could understand 14 last year because of what was going on, but they need to get back to 12.

8 playoff teams.  

On 1/17/2022 at 1:08 PM, weepaws said:

8 playoff teams.  

If they did that, they'd have to go to a 15-game schedule with no divisions, just 2 conferences, where everyone plays everybody else once with no inter-conference play.  Guess what isn't happening?

No not true, they can keep the same number of games, plus two conferences, and eight divisions, division winners make the playoffs, eight division winners = eight teams.  

Make it worthy of winning ones division, and it’s still never going to happen, and do you know why? Money.  

Playoffs sale, all those people who complain about the nfl , buy more nfl crap during the post season, money is more important to the nfl then quality.  

Now I also have no problem going no divisions, I think just two conferences with the teams with the better records making the playoffs, now what a wild ideal that is.   

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If they did that, they'd have to go to a 15-game schedule with no divisions, just 2 conferences, where everyone plays everybody else once with no inter-conference play.  Guess what isn't happening?

Judging.  

• Confused 1

On 1/17/2022 at 10:08 AM, weepaws said:

8 playoff teams.  

Today’s games shows why 8 is enough.  

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

Today’s games shows why 8 is enough.  

How?  A team that would've missed the playoffs is in the Conf Champ game and may make it to the Super Bowl.

Heck for Niner fans I hope they go on and win the Super Bowl, doesn’t matter , this season they let 14 teams make the playoffs, it will never be 8, to much money to lose, to many fans spend many they don’t have on nfl stuff the don’t need , and even more so during the post season.  

And you’re correct, if it was a 8 team playoff system like it should be the Niners wouldn’t have won enough regular season games to have made the playoffs, that not my problem.  

Lets let the regular season stand for something, I also would like to see them get rid of divisions and just go with two conferences, and the top four teams make the playoffs, with a bye week after the regular season ends.  

Just like no HtoH ff league should have more then 4 teams make the playoffs no matter the size of the league.