Utilit99

Anyone into Ozark?

4th and last season starting up on the 21st I think it is.

If you haven't seen it, it's a Beaking Bad knockoff except for the main character in Ozark is money laundering instead of making drugs. 

• Thanks 1

I literally started watching them about a month ago. Binge watched and found out the last season was starting now. Accidental good timing. It's been out for a while right? :banana:

• Like 1

Just now, fandandy said:

Per your recommendations, I will check it out.  It looks like it's on Netflix.

Yeah. Do it. It's not as good as Breaking Bad, but it's worth watching.

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I literally started watching them about a month ago. Binge watched and found out the last season was starting now. Accidental good timing. It's been out for a while right? :banana:

Yea I been watching it for around 3 years or a bit more

The REO Speedwagon side story cracked me up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Felt like Season 3 dropped off a bit.  Hoping Season 4 brings is back up.  Season 4 is the final season by the way.

I would love to watch some hot lesbo scissor action between foul-mouthed Ruth from Ozark and foul-mouthed Debra Morgan from Dexter.  Just imagine the nasty things they'd say!  :wub:

• Thanks 1

Very good show. I never cared as much as most for breaking bad. Never would have considered it a knockoff 

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

Felt like Season 3 dropped off a bit.  Hoping Season 4 brings is back up.  Season 4 is the final season by the way.

Well, I thought the end of season 3 was really building up to a final season. I especially like the last few episodes.  

9 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Very good show. I never cared as much as most for breaking bad. Never would have considered it a knockoff 

Yeah. I think the things they have in common are a father and husband of a family starts doing an illegal activity while the family doesn't really know what is going on but they are totally pulled into it eventually. A obsessed cop is chasing them. And there are cartels involved as well with both. 

Plus, most if not all of the of the character are completely hate worthy. A little less so in Ozark.  

• Like 1

Trailer for part one of season 4 (the season is split in to two parts):

26 minutes ago, DonS said:

I would love to watch some hot lesbo scissor action between foul-mouthed Ruth from Ozark and foul-mouthed Debra Morgan from Dexter.  Just imagine the nasty things they'd say!  :wub:

My GF and I are both huge fans of both shows.  I told her verbatim what you posted and, if she had been drinking something, she would have spit it out.  Well done sir.  :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Agree.  While I think Breaking Bad is good, I don’t get the claims that it’s an all time great.  

9 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. I think the things they have in common are a father and husband of a family starts doing an illegal activity while the family doesn't really know what is going on but they are totally pulled into it eventually. A obsessed cop is chasing them. And there are cartels involved as well with both. 

Plus, most if not all of the of the character are completely hate worthy. A little less so in Ozark.  

Except for the fact that in breaking bad he starts doing it because of his cancer. Marty is fine. 

also in flashbacks you learn that Marty’s wife know about everything very early on. 

4 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Except for the fact that in breaking bad he starts doing it because of his cancer. Marty is fine. 

also in flashbacks you learn that Marty’s wife know about everything very early on. 

She really didn't know where things were going though. And it's not an exact copy for sure, but I find it similar in a broader sense. 

Think we had a thread on it a few years back. But yea it’s pretty solid. Got a few of my friends into it and they love it as well 

The only thing I don't like about Ozark is when I finish a season in 2 days and get sad i've seen it all. Might be worth a rewatch. My lady has never seen it

7 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

Yeah. Do it. It's not as good as Breaking Bad, but it's worth watching.

I thought season 1 was excellent, season 2 sucked, season 3 salvaged by the wife offing her own brother.  
I’m part of a minority that thinks Better Call Saul was actually better than Breaking Bad.  Enjoyed BB, but I find it hard to watch TV shows with literally zero redeemable characters.

21 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

I thought season 1 was excellent, season 2 sucked, season 3 salvaged by the wife offing her own brother.  
I’m part of a minority that thinks Better Call Saul was actually better than Breaking Bad.  Enjoyed BB, but I find it hard to watch TV shows with literally zero redeemable characters.

I loved BB and it is eerily close to home for me, but I like Marty's wife better than Walt's (Skyler).  I felt like they just sorta punted on Skyler by the end; she was too involved to just fade away. 

Johnathan Banks is the best part of BB and Saul. 

3 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

To each his own. :dunno:

3 hours ago, Drizzay said:

I watched the first episode then gave up.

Wow you are missing out and I always give a series two eps before I bail or stay.

It is a little like Christmas. I am very excited, then then the day shows up and then it's gone and makes me a little sad

Yes, awesome show, but I feel like I need to rewatch, or find some long recap on youtube, as I think I forgot much of what happened.

19 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Yes, awesome show, but I feel like I need to rewatch, or find some long recap on youtube, as I think I forgot much of what happened.

Money laundering, Mexicans, murder, kidnapping, gambling, drugs.  Repeat

10 hours ago, Drizzay said:

I watched the first episode then gave up.

About a year ago my brother recommended Ozark to me and I quit after the first episode. I was pretty distracted while watching, just didn't give it much of a chance. Strangely, I decided to give it another shot last weekend and have been watching an episode or two every day since then.  If you like Breaking Bad, Sopranos, I would recommend three episodes (undistracted) episodes to give it a fair chance. It's pretty tightly put together and doesn't waste much time on anything but moving the story forward.

22 hours ago, DonS said:

I would rather take part in the whole thing. That would be a treat. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2022 at 11:52 AM, DonS said:

Love this line:

I laughed so hard at that.

Just finished season 2

I'm going to miss Jacob, great character