Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Bengals at Titans: Divisional Round Discussion

Hopefully they'll be the ones to beat the Titans and bring the AFC Championship Game back to Arrowhead for the fourth straight year!

• Like 1

This could be a good old fashion football game!

Not the arcade version that's so prevalent in the NFL today

I’m not going to touch the money line on this game.  

Titans don't impress me one bit and ending the season with arguably the easiest schedule won't help them. I've got the Bengals winning.

any word on Henry as yet?

it feels like hes pretty close to returning.   if he can return and be productive, that can make all of the difference.

Last I saw about Henry, was he is expected to be ready, now what that means as for playing time , I don’t know. 

43 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Last I saw about Henry, was he is expected to be ready, now what that means as for playing time , I don’t know. 

well, that is the million dollar question isnt it?

I heard he was ready for the last game of the year, but the team decided to hold him out.  Not sure if there was any truth in that rumour, but if true, I'd expect a larger workload than many are expecting. (especially if hes productive early in the game)

He’s been cleared for contact, he’s playing, now I wouldn’t expect his normal pitch count.  

Derrick Henry could have played in the final game of the season.  Now, two weeks later, there should be no problem at all.

It was just a broken bone in his foot; it wasn't something that would linger on and affect his performance later, like a ligament tear or hammy or something.  Once the bone heals, the only barrier to returning to the same level of performance is conditioning.  So expect Henry to play, and to not be on a pitch count, and to post his usual ridiculous stats.

I think Henry gets a fee carries in the 1st half to get him into the game flow, then in the 2nd.half   he goes off and rushes for 2 tds. Sadly though Henry's 2nd half button won't be enough as Joe Burrow syncs up with JaMarr Chase for two second half touchdowns and the Bengals go on to win the game and move into the AFC title game. Just not feeling the Titans as the #1 seed in the AFC. Yes they're good, won games without Henry and won some really good tough matchups along the way. Maybe it's me but just feel there were othe teams in the AFC that were a little more suited to be the #1 seed. Yey it is what it is and the Titans earned that #1 spot along with the bye. It definitely has benefitted them especially with the extra time to get Henry ready for action. All sounds good for the Titans but it won't be good enough as Burrow shows why he was the #1 pick.

QB-Burrow- 285 yds.// 3 tds.                                    RB-Mixon- 75yds rush/22 rec. / 1 td                      WR-Chase- 129 yds/ 2 tds.                                        TE-Uzomah- 44 yds/ 1 td 

QB-Tannehill- 240 yds// 2 tds.                                 RB-Henry- 112 yds/ 2 tds.                                        WR-AJ Brown- 96 yds/ 1 td.                                     TE- Firkser- 27 yds/ 1 td

BENGALS-  34.                                                           TITANS- 31 

Thanks for attending folks. Enjoy the game.

I think the Bengals are peaking at the right moment.  I think they win.  I expect the game to be close, but I trust Burrow more than Tannehill.

Cinci is a year or two away. This game will be won in the trenches and the Titans have a huge advantage there. Titans 33, Bungles 24...

Bengals lost a good run stopper on their def line, I think the Titans with Henry win.  But it’s a tough close game.  

On 1/19/2022 at 8:29 AM, jrokh said:

Cinci is a year or two away. This game will be won in the trenches and the Titans have a huge advantage there. Titans 33, Bungles 24...

I agree with you.

Burrow will be a great QB but he needs some experience.   This will be a learning experience for him.

people will be in his face all game long and unless he ups his game that likely means defeat for him and his team.

if we are wrong and he does up his game, the team may find themselves a surprise superbowl participant a year or two ahead of schedule.  

my thought is that once he finds that higher gear, it will be tough for anyone to shut him down.

Inactives

Bengals: WR Trenton Irwin, WR Stanley Morgan, CB Vernon Hargreaves, RB Trayveon Williams, OL Fred Johnson, DE Wyatt Ray

Titans: LB Rashaan Evans, DL Larrell Murchison, DL Teair Tart, OLB Derick Roberson, WR Dez Fitzpatrick, OL Dillon Radunz

So stupid. You go ahead when you can go ahead. Going for two there is just plain dumb. 

Tannehill Sucks reminds me of Alex Smith which also sucked 

12 minutes ago, gcmmidwest said:

Tannehill Sucks reminds me of Alex Smith which also sucked 

Well, he has to make some plays soon or it’s over 

Coincidence the day a report drops about AJ Brown becoming one of the highest paid WR, he drops a 122 and a TD through 3 quarters? 

5 minutes ago, Fumbleweed said:

I thought the interception should have been overturned 

I agree but it was super close so I can see how they stayed with the call on the field

That was one of those rare games where the kicker was actually the MVP.

Did the Bengals win or did Tannehill lose? I think the latter. Their Dline completely dominated. I never thought he was that good, but not replacement level bad, smh...

Who dey.  I however don't see the Bengals beating either the bills or the chiefs on the road.

So if the Chiefs beat the Bills, they become the first team in NFL history to host their Conference Championship Game four years in a row.

(Philadelphia had 3; no team in the AFC has more than 2 home Conference Championship Games in a row.)

There's that dumba$$ fake COVID concern in the Burrow post game interview--6 feet apart until it's over, then hug and kiss and slap each other on the back.

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

Did the Bengals win or did Tannehill lose? I think the latter. Their Dline completely dominated. I never thought he was that good, but not replacement level bad, smh...

well, I'd say Tenessee shot themselves in the foot.

I said that Burrow would need to step his game up to the next level to win.  clearly I was wrong.  he did not step his game up.  he was Meh.

and it looked like they would pay the price until that last turnover.

with luck he will learn from this and be better next week.   I think he will need to be.

The San Fran D looked real good against Rodgers and Green Bay.  I dont think Burrow will have a chance to get lucky again unless he steps it up.

They might want to figure out a way to not get him sacked nine times if they want him to step up. Some were holding the ball too long, but several plays either had no shorter routes or the line just caved instantly.