Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Rodeos

Anyone ever been to one? Went to a couple in San Antonio and once when I was 15-16. Had an opening ceremony for a baseball tournament there before the rodeo started so we got to watch it afterwards. Really enjoyed the ones in San Antonio since you could drink while watching them 

Used to go to the Livermore Rodeo every year. Hot chicks, fun times. They would give out free samples of Copenhagen. 

24 minutes ago, Mungwater said:

Houston rodeo is fun, but the biggest draw is the bbq cookoff

Ones I went to didn’t have any of that. Just food trucks and stands but that is definitely something I want to attend whenever I head back to Texas. 

• Haha 2

Go? I used to ride rodeo. 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Ones I went to didn’t have any of that. Just food trucks and stands but that is definitely something I want to attend whenever I head back to Texas. 

It’s the world championship of bbq. Free beer and food everywhere 

Just now, Mungwater said:

It’s the world championship of bbq. Free beer and food everywhere 

:thumbsup: Sounds like my type of scene. There was a good bit I didn’t get to do in Texas but in my defense the state is huge 😅 However, it’s my favorite state to get beef bbq from. Carolinas for pork bbq. Haven’t had a good Texas style brisket in a while though 😩

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

Go? I used to ride rodeo. 

Broncs? Bulls? Header/Healer? 

Barrel Racer? :D

One of my college girlfriends and her friends did barrel racing, so I would go to the small town rodeos in south west Montana.

They are alright. Drink some beer and hang out.

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

TommyGavin is a free man now?!

Apparently I just lost the password after a lengthy time out. 

• Haha 1

Angola Penetinciary in Louisiana has a prison rodeo every Sunday in October. Crazy fawking sh!t… The participants in the ring are all hard core convict lifers in for life. They do a craft show and rednecks eat it up. I went to one. Laughed and was sad all day. Met an inmate named Spaghetti. Me: What you in for?   Spaghetti: She said she was eighteen. She was eleven.  And the sheriffs grandparents. Me: I’ll buy a leather wallet that says Ooops.

Coolest thing they have is the finally. The prison takes fifty inmates and puts them in the ring. Dresses them in black and white stripes. They release a huge bull with ginormous horns with a silver medallion taped to the middle of the beasts head. They have sixty seconds to get the coin. Only three or four of the fifty go for it. The coin is worth $500.00 that they can use for daily life in the Penn. Majority stand in the corner sh!ttig themselves. So this one inmate stands in the middle of the ring taunting this angry fawking bull. Bull is kicking dirt up and charges this crazy brother with nothing left to do but get the, coin, spend his life in the infaromy, and be a legend. Brother stands there waiting for a freight train with pointy horns, doesn’t flinch till the last second, jumps up and lands chest first on the Bulls head between the horns, grabs the medallion and raises it and screamed FU!!! The beast wasn’t happy. Ate a big gouge out of fis stomach and smashed him to the ground. That bull let him off easy for mutual respect. Crazy. 

And if you don’t believe me, YouTube Angola Prison Rodeo. 

9 hours ago, Djgb13 said:

:thumbsup: Sounds like my type of scene. There was a good bit I didn’t get to do in Texas but in my defense the state is huge 😅 However, it’s my favorite state to get beef bbq from. Carolinas for pork bbq. Haven’t had a good Texas style brisket in a while though 😩

Kansas City. 

• Thanks 1

The city I live in hosts a pro rodeo every year around the 4th of July. 

They can be fun.

We usually attend the rodeo at a smaller county fair each year, too. 

Hmm... excuse me if I've told this story before, but here goes.

About 20 years ago my company decided to have its WW sales meeting in Phoenix.  Having this in your hometown sucks for multiple reasons including all of the guys expecting you to know the details about strip clubs (I never went to them at home).  Anyway, since it was in Phoenix they needed to have a rodeo event, yeehaw!  They booked a place in Laveen which is known for two things:  rodeos, and where white people used to steer the black people to live back when that was legal.  I say this just because those two things always struck me as an odd combination.

We had food and drink prior to the rodeo; lots of drink as typical at such an event.  Somewhere during it I met a woman named Deanna, not terribly attractive but about 17 sheets into the wind.  I wouldn't have even remembered it if not for the rodeo, where they asked for 3 volunteers.  Some dood went as did Deanna.  As she walked past me sitting 10 rows up from her, like Sauron and the eye of Mordor, she turned slowly, saw me, remembered me, and walked up the stairs to pull me down to join them.  Being buzzed myself, new to the company, and not knowing what to do, I went along.

The three of us were joined in the ring by some cowboys on horses.  They brought out a young bull, I'd guess about 200 lbs.  We were told that our assignment was to put a pair of pink boxers onto the bull.  What could go wrong? :mellow:  This thing must be docile though, right, or else they wouldn't do this.

So the three of us start.  We presumably have 3 folks because of triangulation, which neither of my partners understand, so we are getting nowhere.  Enter the cowboys -- they start steering the bull towards us.

At this point I'll mention that I was wearing a bright mustard colored shirt.  I'm guessing that mustard, like red, is a color that bulls can see, because out of nowhere this $#@! charged right towards me.  The cowboys froze and my mind processed that this was not expected.

Just before it reached me I stepped to the side, looped my arm, let the bull run into the loop, let the momentum take us both down, and then I cinched the head lock as the bull went ass-over and landed on its back, with me holding it in a headlock.  The cowboys just sat there :o  .  After a few seconds I yelled "don't just stand there, put the focking underwear on this thing!"  Which one of my useless partners did.

I don't know if it was a life-or-death situation, but it is good to know that in that split second I didn't panic or turtle.

Also I earned some respect from my fellow drunk, testosterone-fueled sales guys at the new company.  One guy in particular I recall seemed determined to somehow show he was more manly than me in a future volunteer event.  But alas the bull never tried to kill him.  So I retired the champ.  B) 

:D

• Haha 1

The only things that suck about the rodeo are the “chubby” chicks wearing cowboy hats and rocky mount jeans.  Tough sell sister.

On 1/19/2022 at 3:57 PM, Mungwater said:

Houston rodeo is fun, but the biggest draw is the bbq cookoff

That rodeo falls around my birthday, so that's what we did when I was a kid for many years. I saw so many acts there, including Sonny and focking Cher. 

15 hours ago, Mungwater said:

The only things that suck about the rodeo are the “chubby” chicks wearing cowboy hats and rocky mount jeans.  Tough sell sister.

As long as they don't have back b00bs, I'm still in.

They're a staple here in Ft. Worth....During the Stock Show, won't find a harder ticket to get than a ticket to the rodeo.

And talk about the babes, they come out in droves for the Ft. Woth Stock Show Rodeo. 

17 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Facial reconstruction...before masks

Tuff = GOAT

17 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

They're a staple here in Ft. Worth....During the Stock Show, won't find a harder ticket to get than a ticket to the rodeo.

And talk about the babes, they come out in droves for the Ft. Woth Stock Show Rodeo. 

How much do they go for at auction?

19 hours ago, Mungwater said:

When instead of saying Wrangler they say          W          r          a          n          g          l          e          r

Yeah, b1tch, you look fat in those jeans, and I'm assuming everything else you may wear, ever again in your fat life.

I think cowboys are dolts with bad teeth.  Anyone who likes the rodeo is a focking idiot.  Just saying.

Let's tie the nuts of a steer up and ride on him for fun.  Really?  I would love to watch a compilation video of these dumb focks getting gored to death.

This is why country folk fock their cousins.  There is nothing else to do.  They are so bored that they are riding around on steers and sh1t.  Sooner or later it gets dark.

Can you imagine the first person who ever did this, and there had to be a first person who ever did this. 

What should we do now, Jim Bob?  Well, I do have this rope and I've been thinking...

I went to a Bull “fight” once in Mexico. Rooted for the Bull. 

Rodeo Houston is awesome. I'm ready to get the Pardi on in the chute club.  The BBQ cookoff is fun if you know the right people to get into the tents. 

12 hours ago, Super Cubs said:

Rodeo Houston is awesome. I'm ready to get the Pardi on in the chute club.  The BBQ cookoff is fun if you know the right people to get into the tents. 

😎