Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Does performance of guys like Mahomes/ Allen/ Burrow incentivize or delay thoughts of Brady/ Rodgers from retiring?

Do they go back and say I can keep doing this at a high level and beat these guys?  Or do they say I can't physically give what these guys do anymore so it's time to step aside?  Or does it not play into their decisions at all?

The NFC is pretty bad. Those two could get to the playoffs in their sleep. 

36 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Do they go back and say I can keep doing this at a high level and beat these guys?  Or do they say I can't physically give what these guys do anymore so it's time to step aside?  Or does it not play into their decisions at all?

Rodgers lost to Garropolo and Brady lost to Stafford. I don't think what Mahomes or Allen does have any bearing on their decision making.

Brady no, Rodgers might have some thoughts of following what Brady did leave the Packers and try to win a Super Bowl with another team, but no I don’t think those other Qbs have any bearing on what Rodgers and Brady will do.  

not really following the question, clearly both can keep up with those guys currently, if there was a sign of a decline in play the question would make sense

Saw a meme that said, "That's twice that Rodgers fooled the Packers' fans into thinking he had a shot."

I would think that would be the sort of thing they may use as motivation to stay, but not the other way.

I know Kobe Bryant used that as motivation in his older age, he used to talk about these young guys this, there young guys that.

I don't think anyone as competitive as Brady would retire because they were scared of Mahomes or Josh Allen, etc.

On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2022 at 12:39 PM, weepaws said:

Brady no, Rodgers might have some thoughts of following what Brady did leave the Packers and try to win a Super Bowl with another team, but no I don’t think those other Qbs have any bearing on what Rodgers and Brady will do.  

Rodgers has a different game than Brady does.

Rodgers is a mobile QB and part of his effectiveness comes from his mobility and ability to extend plays.

I'm sure he can convert over and become a pocket passer. (he does that a lot already) but he wont quite be himself without the mobility to his game and he will realize that himself.

it is also worth noting that most running/mobile qb's have shorter careers.  I suspect its largely because they take more hits than the pocket passer does.  I cannot say for sure that that is the reason but its as good a guess as any.

so there is the possibility that Rodgers will play past 40 but I'd be surprised if he played to 44 like Brady.  I think at 40 or 41 he hangs em up.

Just my opinion.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

it is also worth noting that most running/mobile qb's have shorter careers.  I suspect its largely because they take more hits than the pocket passer does.  I cannot say for sure that that is the reason but its as good a guess as any.

I think that's part of it, certainly the more they run/get hit. They wear down a little bit more, similar to a RB.

I think as much though, they rely more on their mobility/athletic ability, than a pocket passer like Brady. So they lose more of their effectiveness as their athletic ability dwindles away.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Rodgers has a different game than Brady does.

Rodgers is a mobile QB and part of his effectiveness comes from his mobility and ability to extend plays.

I'm sure he can convert over and become a pocket passer. (he does that a lot already) but he wont quite be himself without the mobility to his game and he will realize that himself.

so there is the possibility that Rodgers will play past 40 but I'd be surprised if he played to 44 like Brady.  I think at 40 or 41 he hangs em up.

Just my opinion.

Ok, but what does any of that have to do with the question the OP posted? 

Answer appears to have been yes

Brady I think as been a no , and he’s retiring. Rodgers is a no, but I think he’ll like to move to another team like Brady, and win super bowl. 

Rodgers needs to tell the packers to blow the salary cap to hell and make a run and go all in like the Rams or he’s walking. His WR corp besides Adams scares no one, and he could use a real TE. For once. 

Rodgers doesn’t need to do that, he doesn’t want to return to the Packers.  

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Rodgers doesn’t need to do that, he doesn’t want to return to the Packers.  

Then whats the price to deal for him? He’s not a FA

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Then whats the price to deal for him? He’s not a FA

Wish I had that answer, I think he’ll be with the Broncos, what deal the Broncos and Packers come up with will be the one that works.