Sign in to follow this  
Former MLB pitcher Sergio Mitre to prison for 50 years for raping and murdering 22-month-old...

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/former-mlb-pitcher-sergio-mitre-convicted-of-murdering-child-in-mexico-sentenced-to-50-years-in-prison/

Sergio Mitre, a former pitcher who appeared in parts of eight big-league seasons, was sentenced to 50 years in prison this week after being found guilty of raping and murdering his then-romantic partner's 22-month-old infant, according to the Mexican magazine Proceso. An autopsy revealed that the child died of hypovolemic shock, or loss of body fluids caused by Mitre.

Mitre was also ordered to pay more than $66,000 in restitution damages to the victim's family, per Jordan McPherson of the Miami Herald.

Mitre, who will turn 41 years old in February, committed the heinous acts in July 2020. According to the child's mother, Liliana Ines, Mitre responded violently when she denied his command to get an abortion when she was four months pregnant. Mitre originally tried to cover up the child's death by alleging it was the product of an accident. He subsequently attempted to justify his act by bringing up the abuse Liliana endured from a former romantic partner. 

Mitre had previously been arrested in 2019 on the charge of domestic violence against a previous partner, according to the New York Daily News. He did not face jail time for that offense, however, and instead he paid a fine of 20,000 pesos. 

Mitre pitched for four teams during his time in the majors: the Chicago Cubs, New York Yankees, then-Florida Marlins, and Milwaukee Brewers. He had been an active player in Mexico as recently as 2019.

In his defense, she did really look good in only a diaper. 

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, fandandy said:

That's too young.

What are you a priest?

Just now, Utilit99 said:

How does one rape a 2 year old? 

Don't answer that, I don't want to know....

He probably has a large gun collection

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

How does one rape a 2 year old? 

Don't answer that, I don't want to know....

Prolly dinner, some kissing.  He may or may not have slipped a roofie into her bottle...

4 hours ago, Thornton Melon said:

Mitre could've taken a different angle on this

I see what you did there. 

22 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I see what you did there. 

You had the perfect opportunity to say you "saw" what he did.  Phayle.  :( 

Also this may be the most evil thing I've ever read.  Just raping a 22 month old could fit that, but it sounds like this was some sort of revenge/hate rape of the kid because she didn't abort it.  I hope his new prison buddies share my conclusion and act accordingly.