Pimpadeaux

Ukraine - Doomsday

15 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

True ... at $35+- a barrel, not much profit.

Pissing off Saudi's in the process who sent $400 million in aid to Ukraine last week.

In the United States, oil needs to be around $50 a barrel for it to be profitable and keep the drilling going.

They stack rigs and layoff the workers in the patch when it falls below that.

4 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

In the United States, oil needs to be around $50 a barrel for it to be profitable and keep the drilling going.

Yeah. I bet Russian oil workers have great pay and benefits. Just like here. How many rubles a month go into their 401k? And what does a HR rep in Russia make? I bet the ones in our oil companies do pretty good. 

38 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah. I bet Russian oil workers have great pay and benefits. Just like here. How many rubles a month go into their 401k? And what does a HR rep in Russia make? I bet the ones in our oil companies do pretty good. 

Offset by the rampant greed at the top of the Russian oil industry. 

I'm just making a point of reference. 

19 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Offset by the rampant greed at the top of the Russian oil industry. 

I'm just making a point of reference. 

Well, I’m willing to bet there’s more profit in a 35 dollar barrel of Russian oil than there is in a 50 dollar barrel of us oil. And I’m sure Putin has cut in on the level of greed. He is the top gangster after all. 

46 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, I’m willing to bet there’s more profit in a 35 dollar barrel of Russian oil than there is in a 50 dollar barrel of us oil. And I’m sure Putin has cut in on the level of greed. He is the top gangster after all. 

It's sad and heartbreaking to me that this brutal, ruthless mentality still exists in the mind of a leader of a supposed world super power, essentially destroying a generation of young men in the name of ego, autocracy and greed. 

Yeah, I get it. Ukraine's past is rife with corruption. So is ours.

I don't think Vietnam is an accurate comparison, because the world back then operated under a paranoid Cold War mindset, one bent on stopping the spread of communism, which most certainly was a Soviet objective back in the day.

But the South Vietnam government was far more corrupt than what we have in Ukraine, and the Vietnamese people and military in general had little in the way of the will to fight. This wasn't an autocratic super power attempting to bully and take over a fledgling democracy full of people willing to fight their asses off to preserve their freedom.

I just hope China doesn't give weapons to Russia. I shudder to think what the NATO response would be to that game-changing move.

The word is China has been sending weapons to Russia on the down low. 

18 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wouldn't surprise me. Seems like China wouldn't mind a weaker Russia.

Also, check out this crazy Ukrainian calmly taking on a Russian tank all by himself. This underscores how Ukrainians aren't going to give up, even if Russia won. The insurgency and rebellion would go on forever.

It almost looks like he's making dinner and keeping his trench tidy despite the bullets and explosions.

4 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

you are like the last person in the world to know this.  and you offer it like its new.  hilarious.

2 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I just hope China doesn't give weapons to Russia. I shudder to think what the NATO response would be to that game-changing move.

hahaha

Biden gave Afghanistan a bunch of our best military tech when he abandoned all the equipment and our allies in the pullout.  Russia is buying it all.  And we do nothing.  If China gives Russia weapons, we will also do nothing.  Because red lines mean nothing to Obama / Biden.

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The US openly sent weapons to Russia by abandoning everything in Afghanistan. 

8 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

hahaha

Biden gave Afghanistan a bunch of our best military tech when he abandoned all the equipment and our allies in the pullout.  Russia is buying it all.  And we do nothing.  If China gives Russia weapons, we will also do nothing.  Because red lines mean nothing to Obama / Biden.

It's funny how many times this line gets spouted from the pillow crowd.

You guys are really short memories about the Iraq war don't you? Rumsfeld and the Pentagon said with great pride that they did an analysis and it was cheaper to leave weapons over there it is to transport them back.  - then we were bombing our own s***.

But our military is far from stupid. They know that the equipment that have been shot at and sandblasted for 10 years in Afghanistan and Iraq was more of a threat to the bad guys by using it rather than by destroying it. 

Our s*** is incredibly delicate in that regard.  You know why we turn so much equipment compared to any other government? Because we've been at war basically for the last hundred years. Once or twice a year, China and North Korea and Russia each have their own nifty  parade. Doesn't prove anything. Most of that s*** is worthless. But it looks shiny because they never get any use.

Anybody w half an ounce of common Sense can tell you that without parts, systemic maintenance, and disciplined use? This shiit in Afghanistan is already effectively worthless and getting worse so every day.

And if you think imjust making the s*** up? Look at the Jets that comprise the Iranian air force.

Looks like Russia is about to start taking chunks of Ukraine again.

Ukraine is racing to evacuate all civilians out of Bakhmut. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/04/ukraine-last-battle-to-hold-bakhmut

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/mar/04/ukraine-last-battle-to-hold-bakhmut

when President Volodymyr Zelensky visited Washington, D.C., this past December, he presented Congress with a flag from the city. He told the lawmakers that "the fight for Bakhmut will change the trajectory of our war for independence and for freedom.

Ukraine now ordering evacuations for Kupiansk

https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-evacuating-city-more-crucial-bakhmut-1785488

12 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

It's funny how many times this line gets spouted from the pillow crowd.

You guys are really short memories about the Iraq war don't you? Rumsfeld and the Pentagon said with great pride that they did an analysis and it was cheaper to leave weapons over there it is to transport them back.  - then we were bombing our own s***.

I dont agree with Rumsfeld, the Pentagon or Biden abandoning everything like that. 

You are making the assumption I agree with abandoning equipment in Iraq.  You are just stupid, spouting nonsense and smear.   Instead of asking what I think of abandoning equipment in Iraq, you just shove words in my mouth.  I can't imagine what your friends think of you when you do that to them in real life.  They must think you are a putz.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

hahaha

You do little more than childishly float unsubstantiated opinions based on your extreme political paradigm and mental illness. You're incapable of having an intellectual discussion using credible links to support these opinions. And the little you do point to gets twisted and catastrophized so it reaches a point at which you can accept it.

In conclusion, you're as useless as t!ts on a shrimp.

🦐

Looks like Russia is just starting to overrun Ukraine now.  We will see how far they get.  Russia is just pouring bodies over bodies.  That is how determined they are to stop homosexuality, LBGT+, abortion, satanism.  And some people they won't invade Poland if they defeat Ukraine.

It took Russia what?  8 months to take a town of 75k?  Somehow that equates to overrunning Ukraine?  Ukraine is going to withdraw and form a counter attack in the next few weeks.  Not necessarily over the pile of rubble that's left in Bakhmut.

9 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Looks like Russia is just starting to overrun Ukraine now.  We will see how far they get.  Russia is just pouring bodies over bodies.  That is how determined they are to stop homosexuality, LBGT+, abortion, satanism.  And some people they won't invade Poland if they defeat Ukraine.

If homosexuality, LBGT+, abortion, and Satanism were the actual driving force for Russia, they'd have invaded somewhere else in Europe. Ukraine (and Poland) don't have those cultural issues. What Ukraine does have is a historical tie to Russia, as well as plenty of natural resource fields in the regions right on the Russian border.

14 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

They're not overrunning Ukraine. They're gaining inches in a small town at the cost of thousands of lives. Estimates put their losses at the Battle of Bakhmut as high as 40,000. 

They didn't invade Ukraine to exterminate the butt jousters, trannies, fetus assassins and Lucifer.

Countries don't start wars over such things.

Again, you can't substantiate your insane ramblings with intellectual discussion, facts and links.

You're as useless as t!ts on a duck.

Quack quack.

🦆

Did any of you see Braveheart? Remember the battle scene where Longshanks right hand man asks him if he wants to ready the archers? And Longshanks says “ Arrows cost money, send in the Irish” ? Putin has been saving his arrows and sending in his version of the Irish. 

Also, it’s a Fockin embarrassment that India is buying oil from Russia and Biden isn’t raining economic hell on them. Also, India is in the fentanyl production business now. We have a weakling for a president. Talks tough though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Also, it’s a Fockin embarrassment that India is buying oil from Russia and Biden isn’t raining economic hell on them. Also, India is in the fentanyl production business now. We have a weakling for a president. Talks tough though.  

:dunno:India wants cheap oil, is sick of being lectured, and doesn't have a dog in this fight.

Interesting read on Ukraine tank-battle strategy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/01/world/europe/ukraine-russia-tanks.html

They let a column come up a road and then open fire with Javelins, tanks, etc.

The tank drivers try to turn around but start hitting mines along the sides of the roads.

Then the artillery barrage starts, blowing up tanks and the panicked soldiers as they try to escape them.

17 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Did any of you see Braveheart? Remember the battle scene where Longshanks right hand man asks him if he wants to ready the archers? And Longshanks says “ Arrows cost money, send in the Irish” ? Putin has been saving his arrows and sending in his version of the Irish. 

That's your takeaway from Bravehart?  OK.  Just know, that side lost. 

17 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

why do we care?  Russia didnt attack us.  We shouldn't be throwing billions at Ukraine.

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Ukraine continues to flee Bakhmut today as Russia closes in on victory.

No, they're not fleeing.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-vows-defend-bakhmut-in-battle-b2294621.html

This is where the Russians are, so the Ukrainians are going to kill as many of them and destroy as much equipment as possible before pulling back from the useless rubble with no strategic military value.

33 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

* dove avatar*

you are anything but a dove.  you attack people with trolling.  you are pro war.  get out of here.

7 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I hope/wish it were true, but I have to admit the sanctions didn't destroy their economy very quickly.

Original forecasts were for the Russian GDP to decrease by 15% in 2022. That didn't happen, not even close - according to experts it only decreased around 2.2%. Though this was partly attributed to high fuel prices and fact it took Europe a while to ween off oil/gas. And Russia artificially inflated the ruble value with various means - partly using their stolen billions in the war chest. On top of that, not all foreign investment left the country - many companies - including several US based, are still doing business in Russia - apparently leaving isn't so easy and some are just hoping to weather the storm unnoticed.

Looking forward to 2023, the IMF predicts Russia's GDP to actually grow by 2.3%. This conflicts other predictions of another GDP decline so who knows which nerds are right.

Regardless, Russia's economy clearly isn't dying as quickly as everyone hoped. I still think they're eventually headed for an economic avalanche.

4 hours ago, Gepetto said:

That's your takeaway from Bravehart?  OK.  Just know, that side lost. 

Yeah, that’s my whole takeaway. Also, Scotland is part of the UK. Any victory didn’t last. 

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

you are anything but a dove.  you attack people with trolling.  you are pro war.  get out of here.

More childishness. More name-calling. More platitudes. No intellectual capability.

Beep boop boop.

Rightybot. Rightybot. Rightybot.

Humminahumminahummina.

You're as useless as t!ts on a motorcycle.

Rrrrum rum!

🏍️

2 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I hope/wish it were true, but I have to admit the sanctions didn't destroy their economy very quickly.

Original forecasts were for the Russian GDP to decrease by 15% in 2022. That didn't happen, not even close - according to experts it only decreased around 2.2%. Though this was partly attributed to high fuel prices and fact it took Europe a while to ween off oil/gas. And Russia artificially inflated the ruble value with various means - partly using their stolen billions in the war chest. On top of that, not all foreign investment left the country - many companies - including several US based, are still doing business in Russia - apparently leaving isn't so easy and some are just hoping to weather the storm unnoticed.

Looking forward to 2023, the IMF predicts Russia's GDP to actually grow by 2.3%. This conflicts other predictions of another GDP decline so who knows which nerds are right.

Regardless, Russia's economy clearly isn't dying as quickly as everyone hoped. I still think they're eventually headed for an economic avalanche.

I'm so glad you're part of this conversation!

Your percentages are right on the bell.

This article I posted reports that only recently has the pain of the sanctions bite been felt, and that the GDP will decrease somewhat, but it's a fluid situation.

I might have to dig into the disintegration of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s to get a better look at what happens there and globally when things implode over there.

Also, there seems to be quite a bit of friction between Wagner and the Russian leadership. Not a good sign 

Meanwhile, I do think the Ukrainians are putting up a fight in Bakhmut only because of the opportunity to kill as many Russians and their equipment as they can before they slip out, regroup and plan for the next offensive.

Thoughts?

36 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Also, there seems to be quite a bit of friction between Wagner and the Russian leadership. Not a good sign 

Meanwhile, I do think the Ukrainians are putting up a fight in Bakhmut only because of the opportunity to kill as many Russians and their equipment as they can before they slip out, regroup and plan for the next offensive.

The Wagner mercenary group might work well for small operations, but seem out of place in large scale conflicts as they don't coordinate well (or at all) with the Russian military.

Reports are Russia has effectively won the battle for Bakhmut, so who knows why Ukrainians are still fighting there. You could be right... picking off any easy targets and keeping the pressure on, before the retreat.

I will say it's refreshing to hear the press reporting on Russia's recent success. Not that I'm rooting for Russia, but for the past 9 months it's been nothing but "Ukraine advancing - Russia sucks" to the point ya wondered if they were only spoon feeding good news. Apparently not. Hopefully the next news stories are about Ukraine successes with recently trained troops on high-tech weaponry.

2 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

The Wagner mercenary group might work well for small operations, but seem out of place in large scale conflicts as they don't coordinate well (or at all) with the Russian military.

Reports are Russia has effectively won the battle for Bakhmut, so who knows why Ukrainians are still fighting there. You could be right... picking off any easy targets and keeping the pressure on, before the retreat.

I will say it's refreshing to hear the press reporting on Russia's recent success. Not that I'm rooting for Russia, but for the past 9 months it's been nothing but "Ukraine advancing - Russia sucks" to the point ya wondered if they were only spoon feeding good news. Apparently not. Hopefully the next news stories are about Ukraine successes with recently trained troops on high-tech weaponry.

I don't get this whole need for a private military. WTF is this Wagner group?  Ukraine is going to give up this rubble known as Bakhmut, but I think they'll pull back, regroup and then unleash some withering offensive. We shall see.

1 hour ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I don't get this whole need for a private military. WTF is this Wagner group?  Ukraine is going to give up this rubble known as Bakhmut, but I think they'll pull back, regroup and then unleash some withering offensive. We shall see.

We (the US) will fix it.  Ukraine does not exist without support from the West.  We should just send our military to show them ... but not tell the Russians that its our military.  Just let it look like ... 'support'.  They would never see through that.  Ever.

Ukraine can't get taken over fast enough.

The longer Russia takes to conquer them, the worse America gets. Joe can't be booted from office soon enough either.

Some years, when your starting lineup has been decimated with injuries and you're stuck scouring the waiver wire for warm bodies, a great midseason Fantasy Football name change would be "Wagner Reinforcements."

8 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

More childishness. More name-calling. More platitudes. No intellectual capability.

Beep boop boop.

Rightybot. Rightybot. Rightybot.

Humminahumminahummina.

You're as useless as t!ts on a motorcycle.

Rrrrum rum!

🏍️

It cracks me up when you call people childish.  You are one of the most immature posters here.  Just look at your posts.  One of the least self aware posters here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I don't get this whole need for a private military.

The general idea is that a politician gets heat for military failures, so they rearrange the deck chairs to make it look like progress is being made in fixing things when they are just going round and round.

The US:

1.  send in a bunch of kids to Vietnam.  People get upset that their kids are dying.
2.  switch it up in the 80s and hire mercenaries called Contras to sort out the Sandinistas.  People get upset we are hiring mercenaries when we have kids to send instead.
3.  switch it back up and send kids to Iraq in 1991.

mercenary armies are part of any long term military package.  when the public gets nervous about one, you switch to the other.  back and forth.  The type of army they send depends upon what the public is upset about.

i imagine in the future it would be a 3-way choice of sending either kids, mercenaries, or drones/robots.  eventually sending kids just gets phased out, which creates a new problem in that the public becomes useless and they need to drop the population by 99%.