Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Nike fires fully vaccinated employee

Nike employee was fully vaccinated and was fired because he refused to give a 3rd party his information for them share with whoever they wanted. 

https://amp.www.complex.com/sneakers/nike-fires-vaccinated-employee-third-party-verification-status

“I have my vaccination card. I’m quite willing to show you that. But I’m not willing to give my personal information to this (outside) company, and any other company they want to share it with, without even telling me who they are,” Briggs told The Oregonian.“

did he splooge in the coffee?

I don't get his argument, according to the article he was not willing to provide his vaccination status to a 3rd party, however he was willing to share his vaccination status with the internet, media, world, etc.

This article makes no sense, if he was that protective of his vaccination status why go public with this article. According to a fox news article he was worried about identity theft, however now many more people know who he is.

If you want to hide who you are that is fine, but why go to the media after the fact. If you google his name you get many results now, it seems counter productive.

https://kfoxtv.com/news/coronavirus/nike-fires-vaccinated-employee-after-he-refuses-3rd-party-his-vax-info-report-says-dex-briggs-vaccination-covid-coronavirus-covid19-portland-oregon

5 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I don't get his argument, according to the article he was not willing to provide his vaccination status to a 3rd party, however he was willing to share his vaccination status with the internet, media, world, etc.

This article makes no sense, if he was that protective of his vaccination status why go public with this article. According to a fox news article he was worried about identity theft, however now many more people know who he is.

If you want to hide who you are that is fine, but why go to the media after the fact. If you google his name you get many results now, it seems counter productive.

https://kfoxtv.com/news/coronavirus/nike-fires-vaccinated-employee-after-he-refuses-3rd-party-his-vax-info-report-says-dex-briggs-vaccination-covid-coronavirus-covid19-portland-oregon

Where did he say he was willing to have his personal info posted on the internet?

I stopped buying anything Nike after their exploitation of Colin K.

I encourage you all to stop buying from them as well, they are sycophants to China, happily use advertising to virtue signal with divisive content.  

This is what an evil organization looks like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to go through this third party website because of identity theft but I will immediately run to the news about this after they fire me.

How soon until he shows up on FOX News as well which is watched by millions of people?

32 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I don't want to go through this third party website because of identity theft but I will immediately run to the news about this after they fire me.

How soon until he shows up on FOX News as well which is watched by millions of people?

You think the news is taking down his personal information and selling that info to companies around the globe so he can be harassed to buy their products or whatever they want to do with it? 

Do you want the Burger King you fry the fries at to distribute your personal info?

Sounds like an a$$hole and a problem.  If he was good he wouldn't have been fired.

A lot of this is just trimming the fat and the incompetents. 

4 minutes ago, vomit said:

Sounds like an a$$hole and a problem.  If he was good he wouldn't have been fired.

I'll ask you then. You good if the company you work for hands out your personal information to 3rd party interests?

15 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

I'll ask you then. You good if the company you work for hands out your personal information to 3rd party interests?

Sure, I don't care if people know that I've gotten the covid vaccine.  The govt already knows, Walgreens knows, the hosts at restaurants across NYC know.  Who give a sh!t.

28 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You think the news is taking down his personal information and selling that info to companies around the globe so he can be harassed to buy their products or whatever they want to do with it? 

Do you want the Burger King you fry the fries at to distribute your personal info?

Are you really this stupid or is it an act?

Also, don't self hate your fast food working self man. You already hate yourself for being gay. Give yourself something good in your life. 

1 minute ago, vomit said:

Sure, I don't care if people know that I've gotten the covid vaccine.  The govt already knows, Walgreens knows, the hosts at restaurants across NYC know.  Who give a sh!t.

So the restaurants you go to take down all your personal information and enter it into their computers and sell it to 3rd party vendors? A drug store that has the right to sell your personal medical information?  The government sells your personal info? 

If what you are saying is true, this is definitely a major lawsuit that can won. Good for that guy from NIKE standing up for himself. 

It takes guts. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

Are you really this stupid or is it an act?

Also, don't self hate your fast food working self man. You already hate yourself for being gay. Give yourself something good in your life. 

So since you have no answer, you launch into insult mode. Good plan. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

So the restaurants you go to take down all your personal information and enter it into their computers and sell it to 3rd party vendors? A drug store that has the right to sell your personal medical information?  The government sells your personal info? 

If what you are saying is true, this is definitely a major lawsuit that can won. Good for that guy from NIKE standing up for himself. 

It takes guts. 

Do you have any idea what is on a vaccine card?  Your name, DOB, and then the vax name, lot, date and provider.  That's it.  Do you have facebook?  You own a cell phone?  Do you know that anyone can get your name and DOB off facebook?  All the sh!t you do on your phone?

This guy from nike is a sniveling little pansy who wants attention and probably a lawsuit.  I hate people like this, and you too.

Just now, vomit said:

Do you have any idea what is on a vaccine card?  Your name, DOB, and then the vax name, lot, date and provider.  That's it.  Do you have facebook?  You own a cell phone?  Do you know that anyone can get your name and DOB off facebook?  All the sh!t you do on your phone?

This guy from nike is a sniveling little pansy who wants attention and probably a lawsuit.  I hate people like this, and you too.

I have more pride in myself than to let a shoe company sell my info for their own profit. 

Sounds like you are simply beaten down and have no will left.

I have more pride in myself than to let a shoe company sell my info for their own profit. 

Sounds like you are simply beaten down and have no will left.

Before uploading your vax card, you might feel a slight sting. That's pride fockin' with you. Fock pride! Pride only hurts, it never helps. You fight through that sh!t. 'Cause a year from now, when you're still collecting paychecks and wearing nice shoes, you gonna say to yourself, "vomit was right."

Some of you are so dumb. He literally just gives the vaccination info to a third party. It doesn't go anywhere from there. The Oregonian article won't load fully but it seems like Nike was using that company to verify vaccination status and I would assume disseminate that information when necessary for business (I'm guessing travel things and all that if needed).

This guy says "No. My wife and I had our identity stolen and I don't trust it."

Gets fired. Then goes to The Oregonian who writes a story using his name and age and mentions his LinkedIn profile. That story is then picked up by everything from Complex.com to the New York Post to stories in international newspapers.

Gee I wonder which got you at more risk for your stuff to be stolen? This is just another dumb story so a bunch of snowflakes can cry and burn more Nikes just like they were burning Carhartt gear last week. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

I encourage you all to stop buying from them as well, they are sycophants to China, happily use advertising to virtue signal with divisive content.  

You've consistently had this opinion and I applaud you for it, but I just don't care enough.  I buy clothes that fit well and look good.  Nike shoes don't tend to fit my feet so I don't buy them.  But my son just got me a Cardinals windbreaker for Christmas, it is a perfect size for me and I've been wearing it a lot.  I just looked, it's Nike, I honestly had no idea until 5 minutes ago.

32 minutes ago, vomit said:

Yeah, we talk about it in sports -- guys like Josh Gordon get 928374 chances because they are physically talented.  The same goes in regular industry to an extent.  This guy had worked 20+ years there and was a "marketing manager," doesn't sound like he was on the fast track to the C-level.  :dunno: 

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

It takes guts. 

Where do you get that this third party is selling employee info?

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

Some of you are so dumb. He literally just gives the vaccination info to a third party. It doesn't go anywhere from there. The Oregonian article won't load fully but it seems like Nike was using that company to verify vaccination status and I would assume disseminate that information when necessary for business (I'm guessing travel things and all that if needed).

Gets fired. Then goes to The Oregonian who writes a story using his name and age and mentions his LinkedIn profile. That story is then picked up by everything from Complex.com to the New York Post to stories in international newspapers.

Gee I wonder which got you at more risk for your stuff to be stolen? This is just another dumb story so a bunch of snowflakes can cry and burn more Nikes just like they were burning Carhartt gear last week. 

You like to do a lot of guessing. 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

It wasn't the exploitative use of child labor that bothered you, but Colin K that upset you.  

You are a strange dude.  

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So many of these alt-right idiots are brainwashed to think that their PII is gonna get stolen and used by the govt to enslave them, but they blindly give it all away anyway :lol:

It's comical.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Where do you get that this third party is selling employee info?

I trust a now ex NIKE "marketing manager" to know better what happens to that information than anyone here or those folks sensationalizing news stories.

The guy didn't like what he saw, so they fired him. I'm betting NIKE was/is afraid of something that guy knows.  

5 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

:lol:   So you company fires you for not giving out personal information to anyone of their choosing.  And you are OK with that.  What a surprise.

4 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

You like to do a lot of guessing. 

It's not a guess. The article (right before it cuts off) states "When Nike laid out details of its policy, though, Briggs became alarmed. The company required employees to give a third-party verification service permission to access their vaccine records and allowed that outside firm to share information with others in order to confirm a vaccination, according to a copy of the terms reviewed by The Oregonian/OregonLive."

So it isn't just sharing the info with people to market products. It is Nike- a multi billion dollar international company- using the third party housing as their COVID vaccine checker and asking them to share vaccine info with places where necessary. 

And- here's a shock for you- this is not something new companies do. Your employer can share your info with companies within reason. This is literally just sharing vaccination status. 

I trust a now ex NIKE "marketing manager" to know better what happens to that information than anyone here or those folks sensationalizing news stories.

The guy didn't like what he saw, so they fired him. I'm betting NIKE was/is afraid of something that guy knows.  

:lol:

It must be scary living in your head

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

:lol:   So you company fires you for not giving out personal information to anyone of their choosing.  And you are OK with that.  What a surprise.

They won't answer that. Or they just say, I don't care and think other people shouldn't care. It's a useless conversation with liberals. 

3 minutes ago, vomit said:

So many of these alt-right idiots are brainwashed to think that their PII is gonna get stolen and used by the govt to enslave them, but they blindly give it all away anyway :lol:

It's comical.

It's also comical that someone like Utilit99 on the FF Today Forum thinks he is living such a great life that anyone would want to be him. 

Yeah I'm sure every person in the world is waiting to be a self hating gay man, playing with their cats, and deep throating Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches and Hot Pockets all day long

• Haha 1

Dang. The liberals are triggered by the talk of people having rights. 

Meh, we knew they were like that all along. :dunno:

6 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

It wasn't the exploitative use of child labor that bothered you, but Colin K that upset you.  

You are a strange dude.  

That is another point entirely, thank you for pointing out my omission, it was not on purpose.  yes, Nike also happily leverages child labor. 

They won't answer that. Or they just say, I don't care and think other people shouldn't care. It's a useless conversation with liberals. 

I already answered, I don't care who knows my vaccination status, and I'm not a liberal either.

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I'm a public employee. Much of my info, including my pay and benefits are public record.

And they aren't giving info to anyone of their choosing. Read the articles you dummy

So you don't want the government to tell businesses what to do but you also don't want businesses to decide what they want to do?

Alt-right, window licking logic:doh:

It must suck to just want to be angry all day long on the Internet

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

Who says we don't want this clown to have rights?  Sure he has the right to not show anyone his vax card.  Nike has the right to fire him.  Rights all around!

1 minute ago, vomit said:

Who says we don't want this clown to have rights?  Sure he has the right to not show anyone his vax card.  Nike has the right to fire him.  Rights all around!

Just keep trying. Or better yet, just go emote alone with rusty or one of his 40 aliases. It's useless for conservatives to talk with liberals.

I look forward to the midterms. Hopefully they aren't a flop or our country will pay the price in very bad ways for the next few years. This year has been a focking debacle.  

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So you don't want the government to tell businesses what to do but you also don't want businesses to decide what they want to do?

...he says, as if NIKE isn't doing the government's bidding....:rolleyes:

I just googled this guys name, came back with his facebook page, which is public.  His facebook feed contains pictures of his wife and kids, where he vacations, the name of this dog (if you wanna guess his pw), he plays gay games with toys, he's an alt right guy questioning covid, supporting trump.  I guarantee you he's not vaccinated, and this whole thing is a political ploy.  In short, fock this guy.

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

So no answer to the question?

That was my answer. Just like the other thread, you can't even understand basic English. 

Instead of word salad, I think you have a case of brain salad. Keep trying though. Maybe it will fend off your full blown dementia for an extra year or two. You and creepy joe can drift off together some day.

10 minutes ago, Utilit99 said:

That was my answer. Just like the other thread, you can't even understand basic English. 

Instead of word salad, I think you have a case of brain salad. Keep trying though. Maybe it will fend off your full blown dementia for an extra year or two. You and creepy joe can drift off together some day.

Forget Nike then since you think Nike is in cahoots with big government. :lol:

Your local mom and pop diner- the government should not be telling them what to do but the diner shouldn't be able to fire someone who doesn't get vaccinated if they require people to?

12 minutes ago, vomit said:

I just googled this guys name, came back with his facebook page, which is public.  His facebook feed contains pictures of his wife and kids, where he vacations, the name of this dog (if you wanna guess his pw), he plays gay games with toys, he's an alt right guy questioning covid, supporting trump.  I guarantee you he's not vaccinated, and this whole thing is a political ploy.  In short, fock this guy.

So because he chooses to release personal information about himself and his family, he should be required to give it to anyone who asks.  Got it.