Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

How Many Soldiers Does It Take ?

undefined

You have to have at least two in a country adjacent to invade Ukraine with one. 

In Risk, Ukraine has equal odds of rolling a 1-6 and if they consistently roll sixes, you aren't taking over anything. But that's not realistic, it's board game equity where all countries are the same. It doesn't take into account how royally sucky Ukraine is because in real life, Ukraine always rolls one.

22 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

undefined

You have to have at least two in a country adjacent to invade Ukraine with one. 

In Risk, Ukraine has equal odds of rolling a 1-6 and if they consistently roll sixes, you aren't taking over anything. But that's not realistic, it's board game equity where all countries are the same. It doesn't take into account how royally sucky Ukraine is because in real life, Ukraine always rolls one.

Now do Haiti. 

i always liked be the Black Army, and my stronghold is Madagascar 

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

favorite bored game

ever play Axis & Allies? 

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Nope, didn't have that game growing up.

Was a longer version of Risk. More strategery needed. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alias Detective said:

favorite bored game

Same. Used to play it with my cousins when I was young. Haven’t played in years though. No one plays board games nowadays anymore and it sucks 😩

I played sports and built forts. Man I hated when one of the kids got Atari. Puzzies wanted to sit inside playing some stupid adventure game. My dad got us pong from radio shack one year while the rest of the kids were playing asteroids at home.  He didn’t know, it’s cool. 

I love Risk but have no friends.  I have played often on the computer against the computer though.  I'm pretty good.  But too be honest, I'm assuming I'm not exactly playing against Deep Blue.

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We had titties and beer growing up.  

You couldn’t have one without the other.

I once played the worst game of risk ever. There were 4 or 5 of us playing. Me and another guy both went after North America, so from the beginning of the game we were attacking each other. I never won a single roll and was out of the game in three turns. I proceeded to get drunk playing Nintendo while everyone else continued the game. One guy and his girlfriend were in the game and got in a fight for some reason. He broke the guy’s screen door slamming it on his way out. By that time, I was puking in the front yard. We were in our mid to late 20s at the time. 

• Like 1