Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

UPDATE: The G.O.A.T - Tom Brady UNretires

After a couple of months, Brady and Gronk will probly decide to create the NFL's 33rd team, and their lovable band of castoff ragamuffins wins Super Bowl LVII.

Lol I just saw that Brady’s dad said that his son is not retiring, I mean really, either say you are or not.  

Deva.  

This makes sense why he doesn't want to make it official yet...

I'll believe hes retired when he doesnt step on the field for week 1.  until then its all speculation. 

Remember, this IS Tom Brady.

8 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

until then its all speculation. 

No, it isn't. Multiple reporters with good reputations are reporting it. Obviously, it isn't official till Brady himself announces it, but it's not speculation. Believe whatever you want, we already have plenty of posters on here who can't differentiate between fantasy and reality...

Just now, jrokh said:

No, it isn't. Multiple reporters with good reputations are reporting it. Obviously, it isn't official till Brady himself announces it, but it's not speculation. Believe whatever you want, we already have plenty of posters on here who can't differentiate between fantasy and reality...

I dunno.  Brady really seems to Love football.   guys like him cant stay away.  Especially when there is a fair chance he can win another superbowl.

dont get me wrong.  at his age, Retirement is probably the right move.  It sounds like thats what his family wants for him.  My big fear is that this ends in a gruesome injury.  I dont wanna see that for him and often times when you get older its the injuries that force you to retire.

I'm just not sure he is personally ready to take the plunge.   Thats why I said what I said.

I'm sure the reports  at the moment are accurate.  I just think there is a fair chance that he changes his mind.

I said he was the GOAT QB years ago, before he had won his 4th.

I used to argue with others in my league about this.

Brady has certainly backed me up since 😆

It has been great to see him play all these years. He's exactly what you need out of the QB position.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Also, this:

The value of the Bucs increased 29 percent in 2020, according to Forbes, and the franchise is now worth $2.94 billion. Forbes listed the Bucs’ operating income at $1.9 million.

Remember: he raised a STINK, about NFL Owner's franchises increasing in value an average of 14 percent, while the NFL dropped the salary cap .. 20%?

6 hours ago, Bills04 said:

Also, this:

The value of the Bucs increased 29 percent in 2020, according to Forbes, and the franchise is now worth $2.94 billion. Forbes listed the Bucs’ operating income at $1.9 million.

Remember: he raised a STINK, about NFL Owner's franchises increasing in value an average of 14 percent, while the NFL dropped the salary cap .. 20%?

That's not the owners fault, that was the market's fault.  Also, they didn't make that.  It was the value of the team.  They only get that if they sell the team.

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

That's not the owners fault, that was the market's fault.  Also, they didn't make that.  It was the value of the team.  They only get that if they sell the team.

true.  the salary cap is not set by the value of the team.  it is set by overall league revenues.   the two are NOT the same.

12 hours ago, jrokh said:

He gets this money no matter what.  That $15M was last year's money that was deferred to Feb 4th.  He will have to pay back $16M if he retires.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

He gets this money no matter what.  That $15M was last year's money that was deferred to Feb 4th.  He will have to pay back $16M if he retires.

I am sure he will negotiate something.   he gave them a superbowl.   They will be happy to let him have most or all of it I suspect.

but I really doubt for Brady that this is about money.    Either he stays because he loves the game and wants to play, or he leaves to keep the wife happy.

I suspect it is pretty much that simple.

About time

You mean great Super Bowl matchup. One only needs to blame KC joking away an 18 point lead, and then Mahomes great pass to the other team in ot , at least we won’t be sitting through another super bowl with KC getting blown out.  

On 1/29/2022 at 7:53 PM, weepaws said:

Lol I just saw that Brady’s dad said that his son is not retiring, I mean really, either say you are or not.  

Deva.  Diva

If Rodgers retires or goes to the AFC the  NFC QB’s are weak as hell. 

On 1/29/2022 at 4:53 PM, weepaws said:

Deva.  

16 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:
On 1/29/2022 at 4:53 PM, weepaws said:

Deva.  Diva

No many see him as a Deva, and that is how many view these players.  

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

If Rodgers retires or goes to the AFC the  NFC QB’s are weak as hell. 

So you think nfc qbs will be a place of torment 

16 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So you think nfc qbs will be a place of torment 

For your fantasy team, yeah. Hell is a concept, not a place. Come on 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hypocrite. 

On 2/2/2022 at 4:50 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

it can be both, depending on how you are using the word.

He unretired. Just saw his official FB post saying he is returning for a 23rd season with the Buccaneers 

12 minutes ago, Djgb13 said:

He unretired. Just saw his official FB post saying he is returning for a 23rd season with the Buccaneers 

Unreal... smh

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Unreal... smh

Can’t be unreal, since it’s real.  

How about the fool that paid 500000 for his last td pass.  Opps.  🥳

This would be his third season in Tampa, so if he's planning on coming back for his 23rd season in Tampa, that means he plans to play for 20 more years.

What an attention hog.  He pushes Arians out and now is suddenly back.  Cmon. Wants to latch onto the coattails of the Bucs one more time.  Sure, why not? 

11 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

What an attention hog.  He pushes Arians out and now is suddenly back.  Cmon. Wants to latch onto the coattails of the Bucs one more time.  Sure, why not? 

we all knew he couldnt stay away.  I'm not sure why anyone was pretending he'd actually retire.

I think it was pretty obvious he wasnt ready to leave yet.

On 1/30/2022 at 11:17 AM, Ray_T said:

I'll believe hes retired when he doesnt step on the field for week 1.  until then its all speculation. 

Remember, this IS Tom Brady.

:thumbsup:

But I think it's funny some think he "unretired" for the money.

1 hour ago, Utilit99 said:

:thumbsup:

But I think it's funny some think he "unretired" for the money.

I'm pretty sure he doesnt care about the money.    dont get me wrong.... money is nice. but I dont think thats where his motovations lie.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'm pretty sure he doesnt care about the money.    dont get me wrong.... money is nice. but I dont think thats where his motovations lie.

Agreed. He' just wasn't ready to leave.