Sign in to follow this  
jrokh

UPDATE: The G.O.A.T - Tom Brady UNretires

On 4/5/2022 at 10:46 PM, Ray_T said:

I'm pretty sure he doesnt care about the money.    dont get me wrong.... money is nice. but I dont think thats where his motovations lie.

On 4/5/2022 at 10:50 PM, Utilit99 said:

Agreed. He' just wasn't ready to leave.

He's making $25M this year.  If he were paid as if it were "about the money", he'd be getting $50M+.  Based on avg money per year, Brady is the 14th highest paid QB in the league.  Him coming back had almost nothing to do with money and almost everything to do with winning another Super Bowl.  I'd say 90% winning and 10% money.

Yea 25 million isn’t worth coming back for. Oh my soul.  

well, when I was a young man, I would have played in the NFL for free.  just for the love of the game and testing myself to see how good I could be.

It is clear from stories I have read that Brady is super passionate about the game.   He probably would play for free if he thought he could get another superbowl ring.   That passion for the game is likely what has made him as great as he has been.  you dont get that far on skill alone.   for him its about that high of knowing you went up against the best and won.

like was said earlier,  10% money 90% about winning sounds about right.   the money is nice.   but its really about a superbowl ring for him.  I have no doubt about that.

I’m sure it is about another super bowl ring, but 25 million helps.  Lol.  Right? 

I'm not sure I'm buying what they are trying to sell.

feels like a conspiracy theory more than anything.   Maybe its just their reporting style.   I dont see a whole lot of facts being thrown about.  just lots of speculation.

I'm not saying they are wrong.  sometimes where there is smoke there is also fire, but I feel like there is not a lot of substance to back up the story.  

18 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agreed.  Nick Wright is one of the worst in his industy.

Why, because he doesn’t slob the knob like most of them do? He’s got some great takes.  He’s 100% right about if any other athlete like LeBron did anything remotely like this, the internet would crash due to the Twitter rage.  Brady though gets his internet "tuck rule" and everyone is supposed to just think it’s all cool. Hilarious. 

40 minutes ago, RoadLizard said:

Why, because he doesn’t slob the knob like most of them do? He’s got some great takes.  He’s 100% right about if any other athlete like LeBron did anything remotely like this, the internet would crash due to the Twitter rage.  Brady though gets his internet "tuck rule" and everyone is supposed to just think it’s all cool. Hilarious. 

Yeah, ok.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

I dont care if a guy rubs people the wrong way in his reporting.  sometimes you need to do that to succeed in the industry.

where I take issue is the lack of providing sources (especially credible ones) or evidence/proof that his story is true.

too many of his stories just look like vicious rumours.   If the guy would quote an actual source once in a while he may have a bit more in the credibility department.   But too many of the stories just look like clickbait.   Outrageous headline to get people to click, and then a story with various unsubstantiated claims.

sure its interesting to read some of these, but its tough to place value on a story where no sources are cited and no proof provided.

I could write a story about how  Brady (or Trump or whoever) is compensating for a small manhood and it may generate some clicks, and some may even find it to be funny..... but at the end of the day who is gonna believe me if I dont provide facts to support the story.

Just sayin.

16 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I dont care if a guy rubs people the wrong way in his reporting.  sometimes you need to do that to succeed in the industry.

where I take issue is the lack of providing sources (especially credible ones) or evidence/proof that his story is true.

too many of his stories just look like vicious rumours.   If the guy would quote an actual source once in a while he may have a bit more in the credibility department.   But too many of the stories just look like clickbait.   Outrageous headline to get people to click, and then a story with various unsubstantiated claims.

sure its interesting to read some of these, but its tough to place value on a story where no sources are cited and no proof provided.

I could write a story about how  Brady (or Trump or whoever) is compensating for a small manhood and it may generate some clicks, and some may even find it to be funny..... but at the end of the day who is gonna believe me if I dont provide facts to support the story.

Just sayin.

Fair points here, but keep an eye on this story.  It’s developing. It isn’t like golden boy isn’t capable of pulling BS to further his own agenda or brand.  He does that all the time and the extreme cheesiness of this sham retirement, the sudden boot of Arians, the clear interest in the Dolphins ownership/player thing, etc. just reeks of shenanigans. Hard to ignore, unless one is in the TB12 worship club. 

3 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

Fair points here, but keep an eye on this story.  It’s developing. It isn’t like golden boy isn’t capable of pulling BS to further his own agenda or brand.  He does that all the time and the extreme cheesiness of this sham retirement, the sudden boot of Arians, the clear interest in the Dolphins ownership/player thing, etc. just reeks of shenanigans. Hard to ignore, unless one is in the TB12 worship club. 

Or he's a massive troll (which we know he is), and he's just triggering people.  :dunno:

4 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

but keep an eye on this story.  It’s developing

Developing into what? Fodder for people who hate Brady and/or the Pats to go on chat boards and post how much they don't like Brady and/or the Pats?

either way, how much does it REALLY matter anyways?

Brady is signed and hes playing.  dude is now almost 45 years old.   I have to think this is the last Hurrah. 

Hes literally been productive longer in this career than any other QB has been.   Hes in it to win, and I think this is likely his last shot at it.   what could have been doesnt matter.  what matters is what is and perhaps what will be.

9 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

Amen. 

12 hours ago, RoadLizard said:

I dont think anyone was buying that he was truly gonna retire.   (I didnt anyhow-see early in the thread when I said as much)

I just think Brady loves playing the game.     He retired, but quickly realized he couldnt stay away.    This is what I was pretty sure would happen.

no shame in that. (conspiracy theory aside)

why dont you just not worry about the situation and go enjoy watching some football.   If you love brady cheer for him to do well.   if you hate Brady, cheer for the Defense to smash him.  Thats what the game is all about.

His wife is so disappointed with him making so little.  

Wonder if he's going to start that after winning the Super Bowl this year, after the repeat next year, or the after the 3-peat the following year.  🤔

23 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Wonder if he's going to start that after winning the Super Bowl this year, after the repeat next year, or the after the 3-peat the following year.  🤔

Probably option D

After losing in the playoffs once again, the Tampa brass pressures him into the broadcast booth to make room for superstar in the making Blaine Gabbert…

Just now, jrokh said:

Probably option D

After losing in the playoffs once again, the Tampa brass pressures him into the broadcast booth to make room for superstar in the making Blaine Gabbert…

Don't know what you're talking about.  Brady's never lost a first round playoff game in Tampa and Kyle Trask is the next man up.  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Probably option D

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Don't know what you're talking about.  Brady's never lost a first round playoff game in Tampa and Kyle Trask is the next man up.  :dunno:

You don’t even know your own team. Sad.

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

LOL, you don't even remember what you typed originally.  🤣

Troll attempt = FAIL!!

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Kyle Trask is the next man up.

I'd agree with this.

Gabbert is an insurance policy only there in case Trask cant get it done.

we know what Gabbert is...   

a  backup.

Trask may be more.  he may not be.   right now we've seen so little of him its hard to say what he is, but I'd rather take my chances with him than settle on Gabbert.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

come on... this is just talk.  do you really think they are gonna roll Gabbert out there ahead of Trask?    I think in the event of a Brady injury they roll trask out to see what he is.

is he a potential starting QB or not?  if not, they need to draft one next year cuz I dont think there is a whole lot more tread on Brady's tires.

dude is 44 years old.   likely turning 45 at some point in the season.   he cant play at this level forever.  

father time catches up to all of us.

some are told they cant play the game at 18.  some at 45 some even older, but we are all told eventually.

Brady's time is coming.  though I think its more likely due to injury than poor performance, but it is coming.   we cannot deny it.

33 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

come on... this is just talk.  do you really think they are gonna roll Gabbert out there ahead of Trask?    I think in the event of a Brady injury they roll trask out to see what he is.

is he a potential starting QB or not?  if not, they need to draft one next year cuz I dont think there is a whole lot more tread on Brady's tires.

dude is 44 years old.   likely turning 45 at some point in the season.   he cant play at this level forever.  

father time catches up to all of us.

some are told they cant play the game at 18.  some at 45 some even older, but we are all told eventually.

Brady's time is coming.  though I think its more likely due to injury than poor performance, but it is coming.   we cannot deny it.

Based on this report yes I would fully expect Gabbert to be first man up. Regardless since both of them stink it doesn’t really matter.

2 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Troll attempt = FAIL!!

You’re the troll, with the after 3 titles nonsense, not to mention the Gabbert is better than Mayfield bad attempt at comedy. Still it’s funny how little you actually know about the team you consistently overate in this forearm…

10 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Based on this report yes I would fully expect Gabbert to be first man up. Regardless since both of them stink it doesn’t really matter.

well, Trask has been with the team as a pro one full year.  if Trask cannot beat out Gabbert by the end of this year, then he likely doesnt deserve to be on the roster much longer.

I'm all for giving a guy time to develop if there are deficiencies in his game, but at the pro level, you dont generally get more than one or two seasons to get yourself up to speed.

He may be #3 on the depth chart, but I'd guess if hes not good enough to be number 2 he will be turfed at some point soon.

My guess is he needs to make the jump in the depth chart sometime this year.   

14 hours ago, jrokh said:

You’re the troll, with the after 3 titles nonsense, not to mention the Gabbert is better than Mayfield bad attempt at comedy. Still it’s funny how little you actually know about the team you consistently overate in this forearm…

The 3-peat comment was humor you dolt.  :rolleyes:

Mayfield is garbage.  At best, he's an NFL backup.  That's what Gabbert is.

I know more about my team than you know about any other team.  I'm right on virtually everything about the Bucs.

17 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Troll attempt = FAIL!!

14 hours ago, jrokh said:

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The 3-peat comment was humor you dolt.  :rolleyes:

I know more about my team than you know about any other team.  I'm right on virtually everything about the Bucs.

Children.  

15 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I'd agree with this.

Gabbert is an insurance policy only there in case Trask cant get it done.

we know what Gabbert is...   

a  backup.

Trask may be more.  he may not be.   right now we've seen so little of him its hard to say what he is, but I'd rather take my chances with him than settle on Gabbert.

My comment was based off of his comment where he was talking about after the season was over.  He then posted a tweet about a backup THIS year.  Trask is the guy for the future, meaning NEXT year.  These are two different things.  If Brady gets hurt this year, Gabbert is the backup and will get the nod unless this off-season, Trask shows them something to change their minds.  We'll find out as the off-season progresses.

Two years ago Tampa had the luxury of being about to draft a guy that they think could be a franchise QB, but he just needed a little time.  He'll be able to learn under Brady for two years to prove he's worthy of the starting role in 2023.  It's certainly possible that the Bucs don't like how he's progressed and draft someone next year.  I was never personally a big fan of Trask after reading up on him, but hey, that's why they get the big money.

To note, the Bucs currently have 4 QB's on their roster, but only 1 has a contract after this season... and it's not Brady or Gabbert... or even the longest tenured Bucs QB in team history, Ryan Griffin.

58 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If Mayfield is garbage than Gabbert is nuclear waste. Compare them statistically, as I did in another post and it’s not remotely close. Not just counting stats but by every metric. Keep ‘em coming fanboy…

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Time to start the Kyle Trask experiment. 

A Star is Born!

Thanks Tom Brady. What a great Qb.  

On 1/30/2022 at 9:17 AM, Ray_T said:

I'll believe hes retired when he doesnt step on the field for week 1.  until then its all speculation.

last year when he retired, I said this.

I do think there is a chance he still comes back but it feels a bit more serious this time.   I think there is a fair chance he actually retires this time.

There is still a chance he changes his mind but I think he may actually be done this time.

6 hours ago, Ray_T said:

There is still a chance he changes his mind but I think he may actually be done this time.

There has to be a betting line out there somewhere.  I wonder what the odds are for unretire again.