Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Brian Flores suing the NFL

Indeed , this is going to be interesting. 

And he received a congrats about being hired by the Gmen from The Hoody before he even interviewed. And the Hoody texted the wrong person.  Oh the white lies in the nfl continue, the nfl is a evil empire. 

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Apparently the bribes only began to bother Flores' conscience after he got fired.

Perfect timing.  I hope he wins.  

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Apparently the bribes only began to bother Flores' conscience after he got fired.

That's the way it always goes.   haha

55 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Not exactly, he didn't take them did he? what would you have done?

45 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

How crazy is that, a team hires who they think is the best qualified to be their head coach, crazy world. 

The way it should be. 

10 minutes ago, weepaws said:

How crazy is that, a team hires who they think is the best qualified to be their head coach, crazy world. 

The way it should be. 

Obviously they're going to tweet that, not proof of anything one way or another.

The Rooney rule is a joke.  The Elway story is a perfect example of why the rule is insulting to black people. Odds are Elway already had his mind made up on who he would hire, hence the lack of enthusiasm during the interview.  We’ll never know for sure if that’s it, or if it was racism, but odds are it’s the former.  And I can’t say that every nfl owner isn’t racist, but why does every team have A LOT of black players?  I know, you’re going to say bc those black players are going to make them a lot of money. Well, then why would they not hire a black coach that could also make them a lot of money?  I guarantee you every team looking for a HC would be scrambling to hire Tomlin if he were avail right now.  I would be!!!

And something smells fishy here. By no means do I think the NFL is free of racism, but the timing and circumstance of this all is weird.  Flores seemed destined to land a HC job somewhere for sure. Why is he essentially blowing his opportunity to ever coach in the NFL again over things that he claims happened years ago, like the Elway incident and 100k to lose thing?  I hope I’m wrong, but I get a “Juicy Smollet” vibe from this one…  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

The way it should be. 

1 hour ago, Donkey said:

Obviously they're going to tweet that, not proof of anything one way or another.

Sure there is proof, shouldn’t a team be able to hire who they think is best for the team? 

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

So much for him getting another shot.

23 minutes ago, RedzoneMonster said:

And something smells fishy here. By no means do I think the NFL is free of racism, but the timing and circumstance of this all is weird.  Flores seemed destined to land a HC job somewhere for sure. Why is he essentially blowing his opportunity to ever coach in the NFL again over things that he claims happened years ago, like the Elway incident and 100k to lose thing?  I hope I’m wrong, but I get a “Juicy Smollet” vibe from this one…  

He’s done.  

1 hour ago, Donkey said:

He didn’t say anything about it either, don’t you think he should have?

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Good move G Men. Dodged a bullet. 

You said it. Really puts that whole rumor Flores told Tua he should’ve picked Mac Jones in perspective…

4 hours ago, Donkey said:

well, he won an awful lot of games for a team that was supposed to tank.   Maybe that is the real reason he was fired.

7 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, he won an awful lot of games for a team that was supposed to tank.   Maybe that is the real reason he was fired.

just to correct, apparently it was his first season where he was paid 100k per loss.  not the most recent season.

11 hours ago, RedzoneMonster said:

I know right? They don't pay millions to any black people. 

Seriously racist. 

4 hours ago, Utilit99 said:

I know right? They don't pay millions to any black people. 

Seriously racist. 

The NFL has made more black people millionaires than any other organization, or so I've heard

On 2/1/2022 at 1:12 PM, AxeElf said:

He handles losses as bad as chump does-100% immature.

if you read thru it - they want (on top of the $$$ award), to have the NFL set up and fund a Black Oversight Committee, to review all coaching decisions... mmhmm

They need to make the coaches and players mirror the population of the country. More black and minority coaches and more Asian, White, etc players. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

more Asian, White, etc players. 

I'm all about seeing more Asians.  My first task as an NFL head coach would be to sign a couple of those 500 lb Sumo wrestlers from Japan--you know, the guys who have studied leverage and how to move someone backwards against their will all their lives?

They might not be much for pass protection, but you can't tell me two of those boys lined up to the right of Center can't push JJ Watt back into the end zone pretty much any time they want to.

1 hour ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

They need to make the coaches and players mirror the population of the country. More black and minority coaches and more Asian, White, etc players. 

Why do they NEED to do that?

Mmm This might get even more interesting. 

And the Rooney rule owners hire him.  

Looks like the Pittsburgh Steelers are giving Flores a chance as their new waterboy.

Maybe it's not the waterboy.  Maybe it's a guy who reports to the waterboy... senior vice-assistant to the 2nd cousin of the interior linebackers coach or something.

May not have been the position Flores was shooting for, but it kind of adds legitimacy to the idea that it wasn't his skin color that kept him from getting another head coaching job.

Every coach in the nfl has skin color. 

On 2/19/2022 at 10:38 PM, AxeElf said:

May not have been the position Flores was shooting for, but it kind of adds legitimacy to the idea that it wasn't his skin color that kept him from getting another head coaching job.

How so?

48 minutes ago, Donkey said:

How so?

Because the only job that one of the most progressive teams in the NFL would hire him for was a senior vice-assistant to the 2nd cousin of the linebacker's coach.

10 hours ago, AxeElf said:

Because the only job that one of the most progressive teams in the NFL would hire him for was a senior vice-assistant to the 2nd cousin of the linebacker's coach.

Were there better jobs open?

My car insurance company.  

6 hours ago, Donkey said:

Were there better jobs open?

Yes, several teams were hiring for better positions, up to and including several head coaching positions.  Flores' disgust at not being hired for a better position probably factored into his decision to bring this lawsuit in the first place.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

People don't use this word properly anymore.

I'm using it according to its second definition:

1. happening or developing gradually or in stages; proceeding step by step.
  2. (of a group, person, or idea) favoring or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I'm using it according to its second definition:

1. happening or developing gradually or in stages; proceeding step by step.
  2. (of a group, person, or idea) favoring or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas.

Yes, but their ideas are in opposition of the original definition of the word.  Hence my post.